PDA

View Full Version : Euro base Manual 0-100km/h time

aaronng
23-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi,
Just searched the forum and couldn't find a 0-100km/h time for the base model Euro with manual tranny. Anyone tried to measure it yet? GTech, stopwatch, mobile phone stopwatch is fine....

Aaron

yfin
23-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi,
Just searched the forum and couldn't find a 0-100km/h time for the base model Euro with manual tranny. Anyone tried to measure it yet? GTech, stopwatch, mobile phone stopwatch is fine....

Aaron

Base model 6MT is 7.6 seconds. See:

http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_detail/0,2734,217018-388-390,00.html

kanthan
23-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi,

Aaron
i hope u dont rely too much on that mobile phone stopwatch....its not very accurate....GTech on the other hand is designed for these sort of things.

aaronng
24-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks yfin.

Yeah.... the stopwatch is bad.. tried it on a WRX and got 0-100 of 8 seconds. haha. Also, I don't really trust the speedometer. You're right, GTech is the way to go for absolute figures.

Cheers,
Aaron

yfin
24-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks yfin.

Yeah.... the stopwatch is bad.. tried it on a WRX and got 0-100 of 8 seconds. haha. Also, I don't really trust the speedometer. You're right, GTech is the way to go for absolute figures.

Cheers,
Aaron

A stopwatch is not so inacurate that it isn't useful - especially if you do multiple runs. Remember - not so long ago hand timing was used during Olympic events!

Check out what Autospeed say about stop watch testing..
http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_0243/article.html

Anyway - 0-100 of 8 seconds in the WRX doesn't surprise me. That is the sort of time a WRX (depends on which model) will achieve following a mechanically sympathetic launch of 2500rpm. You need to drop the clutch at 6000rpm and be brutal to get a WRX into the 6 second league (and below).

Thorn2004
24-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Well this is the thing, it depends on where you read, I read one Euro review that said that it goes from 0-100 in 7.2 seconds, another said 7.8 seconds and a third said 8.0 seconds! So who do you believe? I guess it comes down to the driving conditions, road, wind, and of course the driver's reaction time! I have timed my Euro Auto in Sequential Shift/Sports mode, it showed 7.6 seconds to 100 k's! Everyones time is gonna be different !

yfin
24-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Well this is the thing, it depends on where you read, I read one Euro review that said that it goes from 0-100 in 7.2 seconds, another said 7.8 seconds and a third said 8.0 seconds! So who do you believe? I guess it comes down to the driving conditions, road, wind, and of course the driver's reaction time! I have timed my Euro Auto in Sequential Shift/Sports mode, it showed 7.6 seconds to 100 k's! Everyones time is gonna be different !

It also depends on which model and whether there is a passenger- the luxury is the fat ass model and weighs 40kg or so more. The auto - another 35kg or so. Wheels timed 8.1 for the 6MT luxury. Another factor is how many kms on the odometer. The break in time is very long for the Euro

Where did you see 0-100 in 7.2 - are you sure that was not the TSX? The TSX has more power.

For an auto with no mods - your 7.6 sounds too quick. Was it a flat road?! :D Just kidding - Anyway - I would be lucky to get that time in my 6MT - with closer ratios, less weight and the ability to do a hard launch (unlike the auto). Most times for the auto are in the low 9 second range. If you can get below 8.5 in the auto you must be doing something special.

Thorn2004
24-08-2004, 01:35 PM
It also depends on which model and whether there is a passenger- the luxury is the fat ass model and weighs 40kg or so more. The auto - another 35kg or so. Wheels timed 8.1 for the 6MT luxury. Another factor is how many kms on the odometer. The break in time is very long for the Euro

Where did you see 0-100 in 7.2 - are you sure that was not the TSX? The TSX has more power.

For an auto with no mods - your 7.6 sounds too quick. Was it a flat road?! :D Just kidding - Anyway - I would be lucky to get that time in my 6MT - with closer ratios, less weight and the ability to do a hard launch (unlike the auto). Most times for the auto are in the low 9 second range. If you can get below 8.5 in the auto you must be doing something special.

Yeah it was a flat road, my Euro is quicker than some, I have no idea why, I changed fuels from Mobil to Shell and my performance actually improved? !! Even though they both have the same octane rating for some reason the Shell
petrol makes my Euro run smoother with more power? !! This reading was done in sports mode so I was able to push the revs higher than in auto mode too!

The 7.2 time I saw was in a New Zealand magazines rating of the Euro, I will see if I can hunt down the review :)

yfin
24-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Good stuff Thorn. From memory - your Euro is fairly new isn't it? Expect even better performance once you get to 10k or so :D

Not to start a petrol brand argument but I actually find BP Ultimate to be better than Shell Optimax. I also read somewhere BP Ultimate is refined at 98RON whereas Shell use additives to reach 98RON.

Thorn2004
24-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Good stuff Thorn. From memory - your Euro is fairly new isn't it? Expect even better performance once you get to 10k or so :D

Not to start a petrol brand argument but I actually find BP Ultimate to be better than Shell Optimax. I also read somewhere BP Ultimate is refined at 98RON whereas Shell use additives to reach 98RON.

Yeah my Euro is only new, its birthdate was on the 18th of June! When I picked her up she was only just over 2 weeks old, fresh out of the factory :)

I haven't tried BP's petrol yet, but the Shell is better than the Mobil which is true for my Euro anyhow! You hear different stories depending on the persons car, some cars perform better on one, others on the other, it really is up to the driver to try different brands and see what works for them !

I think the Octane rating is similar for most of the brands, however who is to say that one fuel isn't purer or cleaner than the next?

VirIIx
26-08-2004, 01:54 PM
the only car that has managed to break away completely from the lights from me is an old VS commodore that was unusually lowered and apparently had a V8 under the hood. He wasn't impressed on the first lights when i got him off guard ;)

MingZai
19-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I would have thought the Honda Euro Auto high 7's

Fredoops
19-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I would have thought the Honda Euro Auto high 7's

dude. stop reviving 6-7 yo threads.
PUT THE IPHONE DOWN lol

MingZai
19-09-2011, 11:13 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOO I wanted a medal :(,
Longest revival ever!!

*vtec-screamer
25-09-2011, 11:33 AM
sif stock accord euro does 0-100 in the 7 sec range LOL keep dreaming. they do it in mid 8's+.

7 sec range would be integra type R territory. don't be mad. =)