PDA

View Full Version : Lights dont work

rayb3na_
26-01-2008, 02:17 AM
alrite guys i got ANOTHER problem with my car.. i jsut got defected for having defective headlights aka. my norms dont turn on.. i got angel eyes and my halo's work fine but my norms or my high beams dont frigging work, i got defected for my dash as well as they stopped working a while ago (the light) but ive been driving with a blue neon there in tis palce.. i explained that i didnt have moeny to get around to fixing it and that i could cope with the blue light hitting my eyes.. i thought not speeding was more important then having blue light in my eyes? sigh i really dislike authorities when it comes to my car!! the thing that shit me the most was i wasnt doing anything wrong was jsut driving to the beach at night with a couple mates and they pulled all 3 of us over.. my mates got a canary for having a pod? wtf?!?!?!

jdm_kid
26-01-2008, 07:24 AM
check ur fuses ?

bennjamin
26-01-2008, 09:31 AM
abit stupid to be driving with a neon light in its place...

anyway a big chance with aftermarket lights is the wiring is bad (broken / cut / bad connection) somewhere. Look at the lights at the base of the bulbs and make sure the wires are firmly connected , follow the wires back and make sure there is nothing catching etc.

rayb3na_
26-01-2008, 12:02 PM
checked my fuses, yeah also did that too everything seems fine.. the thing is they both dont work? =S

egads
26-01-2008, 12:09 PM
blown bulbs on the headlights?

also which dash light? because its more a series of little bulbs. which means if they are all out, its more likely a connection/wire/fuse issue.

exposed pod filters are illegal, so i dont see why you are so suprised?

rayb3na_
26-01-2008, 12:33 PM
mines not exposed.. it was covered by metal sheeting.. the cop ripped it off.. checked the light bulbs they were fine.. in the dash the whole dash isnt on same as my headlights.. :S

egads
26-01-2008, 02:11 PM
lol metal sheeting, well it isnt standard so they can still defect it.

sounding more like fuses. have you tried replacing the fuse anyway, because sometimes they can look and appear good, but are dodge. if you dont have any spare fuses, just grab a known working one off another part to check.

rayb3na_
26-01-2008, 04:21 PM
nah it wasnt the fuses checked them all individually pulled them out and yeah.. think it was the relay as ive got angel eyes. not sure though

BluEG
26-01-2008, 05:13 PM
do all you dash light not work or just some?

sound like wiring issue, ie bad ground etc etc

with h/l's check the relay, and check how you have connected the angel eyes?
where the h4 connector goes to the h1/h3 connection.Could be incorrect.

rayb3na_
26-01-2008, 07:20 PM
nah they were working before i bought the car with them wired in lol i think tis the relay as its getting pwoer into it but nothigns coming out.. i had one of those volt checkers to see if their was power running through it. hrmms bad ground? not quite sure i understand.. wheres the ground for the dash? their all dead..

LIV3
28-01-2008, 08:47 PM
might be a short circuit? umm if your fuses are still good, and connections with the lights are still good its probably wiring problem..