PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler for 07 Civic

Foxtail
26-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Just ordered a new VTI-L Civic, other than dealer where can I buy a boot spoiler for it?.

Mingy
26-01-2008, 01:13 PM
you can get them off ebay. but most of them are replicas & comes unpainted.

Foxtail
26-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Was hoping for a low line one like the Honda one they supply, the mugden ones look ridiculous to me.

Mingy
26-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Was hoping for a low line one like the Honda one they supply, the mugden ones look ridiculous to me.

so what exactly are you trying to ask?

-Any other low line spoiler models other than OEM?

0r

-Where can i get a better price other than dealership?

Shimian
26-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Check my thread out :p

Edit: LOL, just realised that you guys arent from Melb. Oh well

JaCe
26-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Duck lip spoiler for the Civic Hybrid can also be fitted to a standard Civic (VTi/VTi-L/Sport) and costs around the same.

I was going to sell my OEM Honda Civic spoiler (black) since I replaced it with the Mugen Wing but I realised noone is going to pay money for it since a replica one can be bought for under $150! Considering when I got it it was $500+, I might as well keep it until I trade it in and stick it back on.

Shimian
26-01-2008, 05:07 PM
There will always be someone who wants OEM. Post it up. Selling mine for $150 in my thread. Pickup only in Melb though. You can post urs up for the same and pickup only in Syd :p
I dont think its gonna make much of a difference when trading in with an OEM spoiler. Someone quote me if im wrong.

Foxtail
26-01-2008, 07:56 PM
so what exactly are you trying to ask?

-Any other low line spoiler models other than OEM?

0r

-Where can i get a better price other than dealership?

Yes same as Honda sell but cheaper.

JaCe
26-01-2008, 10:54 PM
There will always be someone who wants OEM. Post it up. Selling mine for $150 in my thread. Pickup only in Melb though. You can post urs up for the same and pickup only in Syd :p
I dont think its gonna make much of a difference when trading in with an OEM spoiler. Someone quote me if im wrong.

TBH it's not that people will pay more; but that the Mugen wing on the back may even detract from the value of the car when trading in! Besides, even if I pull it off, I'm pretty sure I could sell the genuine Mugen wing for at least $300 (considering it retails at like 800 for a factory painted wing)... only thing is- that leaves 5 holes in the boot lid! So I'll have to reinstall the OEM spoiler to put things back to "the way they were". Make sense? :)

Shimian
26-01-2008, 11:02 PM
fair enough. You planned out how ur gonna go abouts with it if you decide to sell ur car. For me, if i do sell, the car comes as is. If you want it, you buy it. No ifs or buts or dont want this or that. Im sure by the time i sell my car, itll be modded up to suit younger people rather than oldies who wants a conservative looking civic.
Main reason though for me selling it is that i dont like to hold on to things that i dont need. Also its annoying everytime i want to vacuum under the bed :p

JaCe
26-01-2008, 11:24 PM
fair enough. You planned out how ur gonna go abouts with it if you decide to sell ur car. For me, if i do sell, the car comes as is. If you want it, you buy it. No ifs or buts or dont want this or that. Im sure by the time i sell my car, itll be modded up to suit younger people rather than oldies who wants a conservative looking civic.
Main reason though for me selling it is that i dont like to hold on to things that i dont need. Also its annoying everytime i want to vacuum under the bed :p

I always thought high resale value was for the oldies :P

The thing is, if I sell the OEM spoiler.. I'll get jack all for it. $150 isn't worth it; and I'm pretty sure the dealer would prefer a Honda spoiler over a Mugen one as it implies I didn't touch it and kept it all stock and good :)

Shimian
27-01-2008, 06:31 AM
my Civic will be my first borns first car :p Not going to part with it anytime soon. You have a point. I guess if trade in to dealer, they want oem. Private sale might be different. If i end up doing a trade in, ill just go buy a replica modulo spoiler and slap it on.

nuffsaid
27-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Where can I get one of these duck lip spoilers? the ones seen on the hybrids, they should fit a 07 vti fine.

thanks all

oh and where does everyone get their mugen front grills frmo?

danny_mart
27-01-2008, 11:05 AM
some one can buy my honda spoiler if they want it...
its just the standard honda spoiler no damage and painted silver moss..
150 bucks...Pick up is in sydney

JaCe
28-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Where can I get one of these duck lip spoilers? the ones seen on the hybrids, they should fit a 07 vti fine.

thanks all

oh and where does everyone get their mugen front grills frmo?

1. Need to source it from Honda. Don't think there are any aftermarket alternatives.
2. I bought mine in Singapore; there are a few floating around on eBay as well as some of the traders (JDM Concept) on OzHonda.