PDA

View Full Version : Seat Covers New Civic VTI-L

Foxtail
27-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I read if certain types of seat covers (leather/imitation leather) are used on the new model Civic's the side seat airbags don't work, what is they are fabric ones?.

DamienS
27-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I read if certain types of seat covers (leather/imitation leather) are used on the new model Civic's the side seat airbags don't work, what is they are fabric ones?.

It is not the type of fabric/material that is the problem, it is that they block the deployment of the airbag. The one ones i have seen that will still work are the insert type (they dont completely go over the seat).

Mr_will
27-01-2008, 09:49 AM
correctamundo - basically I wouldnt buy anything that isnt made by honda,and if honda dont offer one, i wouldnt buy anything.

other manufacturers can talk all they want about their products being compatable with side air bags, but how many do you think have actually TESTED them with your specific vehicle?

better safe than sorry, and its cheaper to get a professional clean on your seats once in a while than be injured/dead

Foxtail
27-01-2008, 09:51 AM
correctamundo - basically I wouldnt buy anything that isnt made by honda,and if honda dont offer one, i wouldnt buy anything.

other manufacturers can talk all they want about their products being compatable with side air bags, but how many do you think have actually TESTED them with your specific vehicle?

better safe than sorry, and its cheaper to get a professional clean on your seats once in a while than be injured/dead

Fair comment, I wont fit them then.

JaCe
28-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I also looked into this and realised there's no point risking safety over the material which you sit on. The stock seats are decent enough for most people so why throw away those side airbags :)