PDA

View Full Version : Lights out!

melloy_honda
27-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey,
All the lights in my centre console/CD player/Climate Control have stopped working? :eek: Is it a fuse or will i have to go visit Honda?
Cheers in advance!

Pumped
29-01-2008, 07:50 AM
If there all out first guesses would definately be a fuse, Check your fuse box :p

blk05gli
29-01-2008, 07:57 AM
is it just the display or also all the buttons. if it is just the display, press and hold the cd/aux button to 5 seconds to turn display back on.

traumatized
29-01-2008, 10:54 AM
if it is the diaplay and the buttons then you will need to contact Honda to get the whole radio unit replaced, hopfully you have extended warranty.

look carefully at the display panel if you can slightly see a display then it definately is the radio unit that needs to be replaced.

if you are out of warranty then contact Honda Australia and advise them of the problem and see fi they can help you out with something.

there is a thread here that other members here have reported about having the same issue you are experencing. i will update this post once i locate it.

found it : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67002&highlight=console+lights

tony1234
29-01-2008, 03:20 PM
if it is the diaplay and the buttons then you will need to contact Honda to get the whole radio unit replaced, hopfully you have extended warranty.

look carefully at the display panel if you can slightly see a display then it definately is the radio unit that needs to be replaced.

if you are out of warranty then contact Honda Australia and advise them of the problem and see fi they can help you out with something.

there is a thread here that other members here have reported about having the same issue you are experencing. i will update this post once i locate it.

found it : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67002&highlight=console+lights
It's a known problem with the 03-04 Euros.Contact your dealer who in turn will contact HA who may pay for all or part of the cost as a goodwill gesture if you're out of warranty.

stalin
30-01-2008, 10:14 PM
im only young but i had the pleasure to drive mitsubishi, subaru, bmw, toyota, nissan and to be totaly honest with you euro has realy disapointed me, i bought 1 brand new, some things started to go wrong got rid of it, bought another one second hand from an old lady friend, done only 40k for 04 model and audio system stopped working, then got it working again and now the same thing, i can even say the lights in the audio seem to be playing up too, i had my car parked in the city overnight and while driving i see the oil sign comin on,(put oil 2 months ago), i get home put more oil and everything starts coming out from underneath, somebody either stole my oil or the bolt just came undone:)...this things just shouldn't be happening to a 4 year old made in japan car, i only got the same car because i loved the shape and handling of the car in the first place and i thought the problems on the brand new euro that i had was not common, but things are happening that should not just happen, you can say japanese are catching up with the germans but this is just a load of bs, probably 50 years behind, there are 50 year old vw's with working order radio..

melloy_honda
31-01-2008, 08:32 AM
is it just the display or also all the buttons. if it is just the display, press and hold the cd/aux button to 5 seconds to turn display back on.

Its only the buttons that won't light up. The radio/AC all work, this just the buttons that don't light up. I checked all the fuses and i couldn't see any that where blown.

traumatized
31-01-2008, 08:51 AM
if it is just the buttons, maybe you accidnetly turned the knob/button on your dash were your speedo is (the knob you press to reset your trip meter), with your headlights on turn the knob/button clockwise.

tron07
31-01-2008, 04:16 PM
im only young but i had the pleasure to drive mitsubishi, subaru, bmw, toyota, nissan and to be totaly honest with you euro has realy disapointed me, i bought 1 brand new, some things started to go wrong got rid of it, bought another one second hand from an old lady friend, done only 40k for 04 model and audio system stopped working, then got it working again and now the same thing, i can even say the lights in the audio seem to be playing up too, i had my car parked in the city overnight and while driving i see the oil sign comin on,(put oil 2 months ago), i get home put more oil and everything starts coming out from underneath, somebody either stole my oil or the bolt just came undone:)...this things just shouldn't be happening to a 4 year old made in japan car, i only got the same car because i loved the shape and handling of the car in the first place and i thought the problems on the brand new euro that i had was not common, but things are happening that should not just happen, you can say japanese are catching up with the germans but this is just a load of bs, probably 50 years behind, there are 50 year old vw's with working order radio..

What started to go wrong?

So did someone steal your oil or the bolt come undone? Did you bother to find out?? Who change your oil?

Looks like you got a lemon or you never bother to take good care of your car.

blk05gli
31-01-2008, 10:00 PM
back to topic - what is your progress? did you take your car to honda?

melloy_honda
31-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I've booked my car into Honda for Monday... its all working its just the lights on the buttons. I don't think its the dimmer switch near the speedo as the speedo lights are bright.

blk05gli
01-02-2008, 07:55 AM
check this link out - it is about the 04 TSX recall for faulty wiring harness.

click (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080108144941AAKIXwW)

The acura TSX service bulletin about this issue (http://www.acuraworld.com/tsb/TSX/b04-021.pdf)

melloy_honda
27-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey all, still got the problem. Only thing that honda could do is to replace the faulty unit $1000 or a 2nd hand unit for $650!

DAMN!