PDA

View Full Version : EG5 Suspension help

supride
29-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi,

just got stock coilovers on it at the moment but looking for something a lil bit firmer. anyone has recomendation what to get?
it needs to be comfy but a lil bit on the firm side too as this is for daily driving. may see occasional track days.

help would be appreciated.

cheers
Stan

riruiz_88
29-01-2008, 07:09 AM
sorry, but what are stock coilovers? do u mean stock suspension? if your gonna see track days then it would be a good idea to look into adjustable shocks with some real good springs. not King's. a good combination would be either KYB AGX with H&R springs, this is a fairly cheap set up. if you got the dosh then consider Koni Yellow with Ground Control sleeves mated with Eibach springs.

supride
29-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks mate :)
yep stock suspension = coilover, just non adjustables. most cars thesedays are coilovers (coil/spring over, encercling strut).

bennjamin
29-01-2008, 10:49 AM
you are correct ~ it is a term that is relevant to most modern cars.

But in the car enthusiast ring the term "coilover" refers to an aftermarket shock/spring combo , which the spring perch is adjustable via a screw type sleeve.Just slang really.

Look at aftermarket shocks such as koni yellows or tockico iluminas for shocks , and say eibach or similar springs to lower and firm your ride.

rayb3na_
31-01-2008, 11:41 PM
it really depends what your after in the car.. if your going to see alot of track in the car definately some adjustable coilovers.. if its track every here and there but mainly for a daily u dont need to spend like 2k on coilovers when a good shock and spring combo will do =]

supride
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
yeah by occasional meaning once a year if at all.
only been to wakefield twice lol.
and drags once...
so yerr that gives u an idea :p

im leaning towards good shocks and spring combo.

OHE 110
01-02-2008, 12:47 PM
i believe buddyclub n+ coilovers are priced under $2000 or there abouts with adjustable height and damper

i have them in my ef9 and i find them to be good for street and are by all means trackable

but this also depends on your budget =)

goodluck

supride
01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
haha thanks for the advice but def not in my budget!!! :p

GRU53M
01-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Try the MD coilovers form JRACING (62807777) in Canberra, as i have them in mine and there great.