PDA

View Full Version : Civic Sport Poor Leather

PAL
29-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Anyone else thinks that the leather in Civic sport looks and feels very cheap? I have seen JDM Civic 2.0S and Canada Acura CSX (basically a JDM Civic 2.0S) pics, they seem to have slightly better leather than our Thai made Civic sport.

Has anyone here sat in other top of the range small cars with leather? How do they compare? Astra and SP23’s leather looks to me, a lot better than Civic Sport. Is Honda ever gonna fix this?

denot
29-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I have seen JDM Civic 2.0S and Canada Acura CSX (basically a JDM Civic 2.0S) pics, they seem to have slightly better leather than our Thai made Civic sport.

The AUDM civic Sports leather looks the same with the JDM one, in the official pics that is. so if you have seen the JDM Civic 2.0a and or acura csx in Real life pics (after being used for a few weeks) and it still looks a lot better than the AUDM civic one after the same period of time, than yeah the AUDM is worse...

anyway, when I bought my bluish silver i like the blue leather/vinyl colour on the official pics (website and or brochure) but when the car came, it was tottaly different...

PAL
29-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Well the pics I saw are from Carview.co.jp and Canadian Car and Driver website, both of which are motoring media, so I guess the cars in the pics are slightly used. It could be because those markets have more choices on leather colour. JDM tanned and CDM black leather looks heaps more expensive than the grey one we are getting. I know we had a choice of blue leather in 06, but that didn’t look too good, hence Honda Aus discontinued it.

denot
29-01-2008, 09:46 AM
well... ima happy with the blue/white-ish dual tone of my 06 FD2 compare to the 07 onwards grey leather...

still ima agree with you on the quality though, maybe coz I compare it to a BMW 5 series? :p lol

ryanc
29-01-2008, 11:21 AM
the leather quality isn't great cause it's like mixed with some other cheaper material... remmeber reading it up when i was considering the sport version

denot
29-01-2008, 11:28 AM
the leather quality isn't great cause it's like mixed with some other cheaper material... remmeber reading it up when i was considering the sport version

yup, its called "Vynil" :p

warwick108
29-01-2008, 11:45 AM
they mix it with plastic.. and they call is pleather.. =P

PAL
29-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Does Sport have the normal nice leather smell when new? I sat in my friend’s brand new A4 and loved the smell. Btw, I’m getting my Sport in March.

denot
29-01-2008, 04:12 PM
yupz!!! ppl still can smell it after being constantly driven for a few months... well on mine anyway... :p