PDA

View Full Version : need help removing my rear bumper and the pannel above it..

connections
29-01-2008, 11:45 AM
ok yester day some guy in a range rover ran into the back of me with hi bull bar, it was in a car park so its hard to tell who is at fault, i was reversing and he was rolling past so its all stuffed up, his car had no damage at all because of the huge ass bull bar but mine came off with a dent in the panel below the lights.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4143/photo0116qx3.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5223/photo0117qh1.jpg

the bumper bar is not cracked any where its just been knocked off the bracket i think,

also the pannel below the lights is a little pushed in dent i may be able to pop it back out.

does any one have advice on removing the rear bar from the DC4 97 integra PRE FACE LIFT model.??

Spoon SiRG
29-01-2008, 12:41 PM
1 screw each corner of bumper (where it joins the rear fender/guard)
2 clips underneath the bumper
remove rear interior plastic panel (middle part that covers the tail lights,push the 7 small round clips IN,refer to car manual how to change tail/reverse lights)
undo the small nuts attached to bolts under the tail light area
the middle metal rear garnish should come out at this stage
undo the screws (you'll see them under the garnish) that are holding up the bumper.
the bumper now comes off

Thats it.

xntrik
29-01-2008, 01:04 PM
PM Me,
where abouts in sydney are you from?

connections
29-01-2008, 02:56 PM
1 screw each corner of bumper (where it joins the rear fender/guard)
2 clips underneath the bumper
remove rear interior plastic panel (middle part that covers the tail lights,push the 7 small round clips IN,refer to car manual how to change tail/reverse lights)
undo the small nuts attached to bolts under the tail light area
the middle metal rear garnish should come out at this stage
undo the screws (you'll see them under the garnish) that are holding up the bumper.
the bumper now comes off

Thats it.

thanks ill give it a try

Kiki
29-01-2008, 03:18 PM
When poping out the rear bumper clips which you can see once you have removed the centre peice where your key hole is.....its easier to pull them out if once they are popped, push the centre bit back in half way and pull them out....

You will find them very hard to pull out otherwise
Also im not sure that you have to remove the lights to do it, the lights will have some small wiring clips attached to one screw on each tail light if you do im pretty sure!

Looks like all you will need to do is take out the rear screw to the fender and pop it back in....unless your wanting a better look or taking it off for repair...

If its dinted may just need a hair dryer to push it back out

mooshie
29-01-2008, 05:21 PM
BTW, pretty sure if you are reversing it is your fault.