PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Pads

mmmsxc
29-01-2008, 01:24 PM
hi guys. time has come for me to change my rear pads. i have called numerous stores like repco, burson etc and they have told me they dont stock rear brake pads for the euro, they only stock the fronts. does anyone know where i could find pads from and a good brand to look for? i dont want to pay $165 for oem pads. i was considering BENDIX CT pads? what are the suggestions for replacement pads? thanks.

tony1234
29-01-2008, 04:15 PM
hi guys. time has come for me to change my rear pads. i have called numerous stores like repco, burson etc and they have told me they dont stock rear brake pads for the euro, they only stock the fronts. does anyone know where i could find pads from and a good brand to look for? i dont want to pay $165 for oem pads. i was considering BENDIX CT pads? what are the suggestions for replacement pads? thanks.
Stick with OEM.Don't think you'll get anything better at a cheaper price.

EUR003act
29-01-2008, 06:04 PM

bendix dont make pads for the euro...

i purchased the ones that their website says fit the euro 2.4... but the do not fit! luckily repco let me refund them :D i had to buy the hawk pads... the are sexy, and not too expensive (USD$55 for rear pair)... get them from here:
http://www.tsxparts.com/index.php?cPath=21_28

yfin
29-01-2008, 06:43 PM

You can get Axxis Ultimates for the TSX which are rebadged Bendix Ultimates- made in Australia but just not sold here.

mmmsxc
29-01-2008, 09:44 PM
how could are the hawks?

Eurotony
30-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Bendix DO make rear pads for the Euro, they are not listed in the book but my local Autobarn store rang Bendix & got the number of the pads, fitted them last weekend, work just fine & cost $60.:thumbsup:

fraqqie
31-01-2008, 07:28 AM
same here... i got bendix pads from mekong autos down at canley vale

initially i was given the wrong brake pads that didn't fit but a quick call to bendix and a exchange sorted it all out

i can't remember which version i got but i think i got the general CT one

are you planning to get it installed by a mechanic or diy? i'm thinking of doing it diy the next time the brake calls it a day

big jim
31-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Whats the bendix part number

mmmsxc
31-01-2008, 04:20 PM
bloody hell. i just paid $120 for my pads from honda. could someone give us a part number so we can keep it in reference?

Eurotony
31-01-2008, 06:38 PM
I think the box went out in the garbage the other day, but I will try & get the part # & post it up. Took me 30 mins to fit myself the other Saturday , but I have done it before.

EuroTony

fraqqie
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
i still kept the box despite getting it replaced 3 years ago =p

turns out i got Bendix Advance (DB1393 AD) for the rear pads

just double check it with the boys at Bendix, I'm sure that some of the auto shops might not have the latest product books to cater for the recent models

hope that helps... Eurotony, was it hard getting the brake pads installed? i haven't done it before but if you can run us through it that'll be awesome, cheers!

LT178
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM

i purchased the ones that their website says fit the euro 2.4... but the do not fit! luckily repco let me refund them :D i had to buy the hawk pads... the are sexy, and not too expensive (USD$55 for rear pair)... get them from here:
http://www.tsxparts.com/index.php?cPath=21_28

I checked out thier site, delivery is like 3x the price :eek:........are the pads worth it??

Eurotony
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Eurotony, was it hard getting the brake pads installed? i haven't done it before but if you can run us through it that'll be awesome, cheers!

Once you have the wheels off you will find that the calipers are held on with 2 long bolts, withdraw the bolts & take off the pad holders, Pads will be left in place. remove pads, when replacing the pads make sure that you get the inner & outer pads in the right place. You will need a tool to use on the piston to screw it back in the caliper, making sure that the fluid resovoir is not overly full so the fluid does not overflow when screwing the piston back into the caliper. I use a very large bladed screw driver. The piston can be hard to screw back in. It goes back in clockwise. Make sure when sliding the caliper back over the pads that the cross hatch on the piston lines up with the nipple on the inner pad. Don't forget to take the anti rattle plate off the pad & put it on the new pad. Bolt it all back together. Don't forget to pump the pedal to seat the piston onto the pads & the pads onto the disk's.

The purist's will say that I'm taking to many short cuts but Honda want to charge $400.00 to change the pads which I think is a rip off. I've changed the pads for the second time now & have never had an issue & saved $800 in the process:thumbsup:

tony1234
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Once you have the wheels off you will find that the calipers are held on with 2 long bolts, withdraw the bolts & take off the pad holders, Pads will be left in place. remove pads, when replacing the pads make sure that you get the inner & outer pads in the right place. You will need a tool to use on the piston to screw it back in the caliper, making sure that the fluid resovoir is not overly full so the fluid does not overflow when screwing the piston back into the caliper. I use a very large bladed screw driver. The piston can be hard to screw back in. It goes back in clockwise. Make sure when sliding the caliper back over the pads that the cross hatch on the piston lines up with the nipple on the inner pad. Don't forget to take the anti rattle plate off the pad & put it on the new pad. Bolt it all back together. Don't forget to pump the pedal to seat the piston onto the pads & the pads onto the disk's.

The purist's will say that I'm taking to many short cuts but Honda want to charge $400.00 to change the pads which I think is a rip off. I've changed the pads for the second time now & have never had an issue & saved $800 in the process:thumbsup:
$400!!:eek:.That's insane.i know what i'll be doing when my rears need replacing.

aaronng
02-02-2008, 12:50 AM

I hope you put anti-sieze on the anti-squeal shims and on the sides of the pad backing that come in contact with the caliper. Also, it is a good time to re-grease the caliper pins. The OEM orange grease dries out and hardens up. I used high temp lithium grease.

Vtec_inside
09-02-2008, 03:17 AM
The rear pads on accord euro are exactly the same as CD accord rears. So their are plenty of options. just take the rear pads out and go down to repco and match them up. Cost about 60 bux for ferodo targets. But i have found excel a much better pad. In my view i think excel better then bendix Ct or premium range.

aaronng
09-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I tried Excel on our other car ($110 for front and rear set). It's good for the price, but lacks initial bite.

tony1234
09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I tried Excel on our other car ($110 for front and rear set). It's good for the price, but lacks initial bite.
I suppose for rears it's not so critical,i'd still at least use OEM.

tiger266
28-04-2008, 01:05 PM
i still kept the box despite getting it replaced 3 years ago =p

turns out i got Bendix Advance (DB1393 AD) for the rear pads

just double check it with the boys at Bendix, I'm sure that some of the auto shops might not have the latest product books to cater for the recent models

hope that helps... Eurotony, was it hard getting the brake pads installed? i haven't done it before but if you can run us through it that'll be awesome, cheers!

I made a call to Bendix, and the part number that I was given for the rear of the Accord Euro was DB1265. Is this right?

badthing
28-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I suppose for rears it's not so critical,i'd still at least use OEM.

Don't you find the rear brakes a bit weak? They don't grab well on an incline. I'd rather try an alternative with more bite.

aaronng
28-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't you find the rear brakes a bit weak? They don't grab well on an incline. I'd rather try an alternative with more bite.

It is undersized for the weight of the car. I have aftermarket pads as well and they still don't bite hard enough to keep the car on an incline. Put the car into gear when parking for sure.

vorace
28-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Gday, I have used Excel pads and thought they were very average (not on a Euro though), replaced them with TRW Lucas pads which are made in Spain and really, really good. Priced cheaper than OEM, and gets rave reviews on other forums eg. Silvias/Skylines/Soarers?Magnas etc.

I had a set of Hawk HPPs on my old Nissan Pulsar SSS, they were fantastic for bite and stopping power, if just a little noisy.