PDA

View Full Version : Kp Technologies window module

Adrian Euro
29-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi i bought this KP technologies window module. How is this affected against an upgrade alarm that require the close button to be pressed twice as a panic button. From my understanding this also requires the pressing of the close button twice?

Any help thanks

EUR003act
29-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi i bought this KP technologies window module. How is this affected against an upgrade alarm that require the close button to be pressed twice as a panic button. From my understanding this also requires the pressing of the close button twice?

Any help thanks

if the windows are down and you press lock twice, the panic alarm will sound and the windows will go up...

they wouldnt be compatible together :( sorry buddy

bungsai
30-01-2008, 10:32 AM
do you know if there is a way to disable the panic button feature on your alarm?

Im in the same predicament and im pretty sure you can turn off the panic function.

Adrian Euro
30-01-2008, 11:00 AM
do you know if there is a way to disable the panic button feature on your alarm?

Im in the same predicament and im pretty sure you can turn off the panic function.

They are telling me that you can't turn off this feature becuase its digital pulse signal or something like that.......

bungsai
30-01-2008, 01:34 PM
alternatively i guess you could rewire it to tap into the door lock actuator, so that the windows automatically go up when you lock the car, as opposed to going up when the second pulse is noted.

r-r-redEuro
30-01-2008, 02:56 PM
if the windows are down and you press lock twice, the panic alarm will sound and the windows will go up...

they wouldnt be compatible together :( sorry buddy

i dont think the windows will go up with the remote, only manually ?

EUR003act
30-01-2008, 09:06 PM
i dont think the windows will go up with the remote, only manually ?

i was refering to use with the kp technologies module... :D

bungsai
31-01-2008, 02:28 PM
i checked last night with my car...after i arm it and lock it, i have about 3-4 seconds where i can press the button and it will not activate the panic alarm, rather try and lock the car again (or if you have module installed) raise the window.

im getting it.

Adrian Euro
31-01-2008, 02:50 PM
i checked last night with my car...after i arm it and lock it, i have about 3-4 seconds where i can press the button and it will not activate the panic alarm, rather try and lock the car again (or if you have module installed) raise the window.

im getting it.

So mate can i confirm....... You have an upgrade alarm installed to your honda euro. You press the arm button of the upgrade alarm. Then you press it again so the Window up module activates and the car alarm doesn't go into panic mode. And we are talking about the same window module from america? Do you need to press arm button twice and the windows go up or do you have to hold your finger on the arm button as you would for it to roll down then the windows will roll up. What upgrade alrm brand do you have?

bungsai
31-01-2008, 03:59 PM
So mate can i confirm....... You have an upgrade alarm installed to your honda euro. You press the arm button of the upgrade alarm. Then you press it again so the Window up module activates and the car alarm doesn't go into panic mode. And we are talking about the same window module from america? Do you need to press arm button twice and the windows go up or do you have to hold your finger on the arm button as you would for it to roll down then the windows will roll up. What upgrade alrm brand do you have?

i have a honda upgrade alarm in my dc5r.

im assuming your euro would be the same.

i havnt installed my window module yet, but based on these observations (having about 4 seconds to click the button the second time for window up) i think it will be safe, for me at least to get it.

just go and check yourself.

lock your car, wait 1 second then press the button again and see what happens. If you alarm goes off, then gg.