PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and lowering

hooyn
29-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Well I'm in the market for exhaust and then looking to lower my car. I've been looking at the different exhausts that I've seen others use on this site; Fujistubo, Greddy Evo2, Tanabe, Comptech, HKS silent hi power etc etc. AND i was just wondering what peoples opinions are about each one.

After listening to almost all of the different ones on youtube I can't decide which one to pick, what I'm after is a not too loud when cruising one. But can still get attention when I want.

On another topic I've been reading about lowering the Euro. Shocks and springs are the cheap way to go but after time the springs begin to compress and you can't adjust it anymore. I've been seeing alot of interest in the Tein SS as a better and more reliable method but i was wondering what are peoples experiences are with each method. I'm sure this would also help other owners who are also looking to do this as well ^o^.

And my car would be used as mostly a daily driver with the occasional cruise and highway pulls.

LXRY
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Just do a search..........heaps of info here ;)

CL9-K24A3
02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
i used Skunk2 racing exhaust. it is very good. gain extra power compare to other exhaust around 2 kw @the wheels.but its quite loud but its not like type of annoying sound.deep tone sound.but i like it when the vtec kick in.its like a race car.

From my opinion for daily driving or some track use, go with Fujitsubo. two of my friend use Fujitsubo, and i like it or Tanabe. the sound it very quite if you normal driving and become a bit louder when you rev it and hit the vtec.power gain is also good and noticeable.fujitsubo is the most expensive one.if you looking cheaper go with Tanabe.its not loud as well.

For suspension, if you wanna go very low, go with koni/billstein shock then with eibach spring.if you looking for more again (better handling,reduced body roll more,some track use), go with Tein Super Street.but tein, you cannot lower your car to very very low.price between them above its almost the same.

gud luck:thumbsup:!

dupac->
02-02-2008, 02:41 PM
i use the buddy club spec 3
absolutely love it
esp at hi revvsss

hooyn
02-02-2008, 08:37 PM
i used Skunk2 racing exhaust. it is very good. gain extra power compare to other exhaust around 2 kw @the wheels.but its quite loud but its not like type of annoying sound.deep tone sound.but i like it when the vtec kick in.its like a race car.

From my opinion for daily driving or some track use, go with Fujitsubo. two of my friend use Fujitsubo, and i like it or Tanabe. the sound it very quite if you normal driving and become a bit louder when you rev it and hit the vtec.power gain is also good and noticeable.fujitsubo is the most expensive one.if you looking cheaper go with Tanabe.its not loud as well.

For suspension, if you wanna go very low, go with koni/billstein shock then with eibach spring.if you looking for more again (better handling,reduced body roll more,some track use), go with Tein Super Street.but tein, you cannot lower your car to very very low.price between them above its almost the same.

gud luck:thumbsup:!

Thanks for that ;) I've been eyeing the fujistubo one for a while now and thats exactly what i wanted. Quiet under normal driving and louder when i want to vtec :D.

With the lowering i just wanted to lower it about 2 - 3 inches to get better feel and less roll so yeap yeap TEIN SS it is

:wave:

curik
02-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I have the 5zigen pro racer a spec single outlet catback. The sound is just perfect for me, very slightly louder in idle, and not raspy or muffled when accelerating. After VTEC it just sounds amazing!

hooyn
02-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I have the 5zigen pro racer a spec single outlet catback. The sound is just perfect for me, very slightly louder in idle, and not raspy or muffled when accelerating. After VTEC it just sounds amazing!

what would be the difference between performance wise with having a single outlet and having a dual outlet ? just wondering.

edit: and noise difference

curik
03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
well there wont me much difference between the two apart from:
1. single exit exhaust is lighter
2. less restriction since there is no T junction dividing into 2 like a dual setup
3. slightly cheaper!

Weerty
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for that ;) I've been eyeing the fujistubo one for a while now and thats exactly what i wanted. Quiet under normal driving and louder when i want to vtec :D.

With the lowering i just wanted to lower it about 2 - 3 inches to get better feel and less roll so yeap yeap TEIN SS it is

:wave:

is the fujistubo a single or dual outlet?
i really dont mid about weight as i use my euro as a daily driver, not a track car... and i like the dual outlets..

and fyi, i saw a couple of sets of tein ss (for euro CL9) for about $1300 on ebay if you are interested, not sure wether they are still there or not.

CL9-K24A3
03-02-2008, 08:52 PM
what would be the difference between performance wise with having a single outlet and having a dual outlet ? just wondering.

edit: and noise difference

it will be different.but its not a lot.you cant feel the difference. unless you modify your car for race purpose.also the single outlet you must sacrifice the looks of your car. for me,i dont like the single outlet.looks a bit weird when you look ur car from the back. noise will be different.but not a big difference.my opnion go with fujitsubo/tanabe.cant be wrong man.again about the looks, it depend on your own taste.

Weerty: Fujitsubo,Tanabe,Skunk2 Racing,HKS,Greddy,Mugen are dual outlet.

snYpz
04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
and fyi, i saw a couple of sets of tein ss (for euro CL9) for about $1300 on ebay if you are interested, not sure wether they are still there or not.

I think the seller on ebay is edw-R or one of the members in the company. I got my set slightly cheaper than the price posted on ebay. However, it could be due to change in currency rates.
If ur interested, PM edw-R

Weerty
06-02-2008, 02:21 PM
cheers guys..

hooyn
18-02-2008, 12:37 PM
gonna order my exhaust in the next 2 weeks. Fujitsubo legalis R ^^

Now, if i install that will i need to get a hi flow cat aswell? Or is this option only really needed if i get aftermarket headers?

Thanks in advance again.

akina
18-02-2008, 02:56 PM
nice how much?

enkay
18-02-2008, 04:43 PM
gonna order my exhaust in the next 2 weeks. Fujitsubo legalis R ^^

Now, if i install that will i need to get a hi flow cat aswell? Or is this option only really needed if i get aftermarket headers?

Thanks in advance again.

u do not need a hiflo cat at all u can use your standard one on both headers n exhaust change, its just usually if your goin to change it might as well for the increased airflow but usually makes it a bit louder.

tony1234
18-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Do headers before cat back exhaust.you'll notice more of a performance gain.I'm running a Comptech header with stock cat back and the low-mid gains are impressive.

hooyn
18-02-2008, 09:59 PM
nice how much?

I was going to get it from JDMyard. But now thinking about headers instead ^^

hooyn
18-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Do headers before cat back exhaust.you'll notice more of a performance gain.I'm running a Comptech header with stock cat back and the low-mid gains are impressive.

mmm okay, that seems more tempting than just having loud noise from an exhaust.. is there any noise difference with the headers?

akina
18-02-2008, 10:10 PM
imo an exhaust is more statisfying... atleast ppl can c it :p