PDA

View Full Version : Steering Rack HELP !!!

Datto Sunny
24-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Guys I need to replace the steering rack in my CRX. Now I have the ZC import is the steering rack different from the b16a Aust delivered cars ???

Also is there any good wreckers that anyone on here can recomend for me to see regarding getting a steering rack.

I have had a look at it appears s though the mounts are bolted into the subframe. Is this correct ???

One of the bolts has snapped So I am going to need to get to it to re thread it. If it is the sub frame has anyone dropped the sub frame out of their car if so was it a hard job ???

Any help would be great

Sam.

**mods this is also posted in the Tech section of the forum I was unsure which tpoic this ahould be listed under feel free to do delete the on posted in the incorrect section**

ECU-MAN
25-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Sam.

changing the steering rack isnt supa hard but fidlly. you have to undo both tie rod ends and stearing colunm. then undo the high and low pressure lines. the rack it self is bolted in at either side to the sub frame. you may need to remove your down pipe and unscrew your tie ros ends. to make things ezyer getting the rack out the car. dont forget to count the rotation of the tie rod ends..

with the sub frame you might be better off getting a pro in to drill out the broken bolt and put in a helicoil. the sub frame will take some time to remove and replace.

Datto Sunny
26-08-2004, 09:32 AM
I have had another look I am going to have to take the sub frame out and get it professionally helicoiled so that I can bolt steering rack back in place.

Its a big job.

does anyone know where I can get a ZC steering rack. I got quoted $1800 from 1 place compare that to $300 for a holden one they are F'n dreaming.