PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Turbo Civic

Phat999
31-01-2008, 11:32 AM
hey all
i'm new to ozhonda but thort this would b a more honda knowledgeable place to ask this question instead of boostcruising.com
at the moment i have a 94 accord which i am in the process of getting ready for sale to replace it with a EK VTiR civic (B16)
My plans for that is to turbo it by the end of the year when i'm on my opens (so not too lose my licence straight away) but i want to do all my research early and all the way threw the process.
I just want to know which shops are the best to talk to (999 automotive and Hi power?) if theres any others?
and get a general idea from everyone on here who has done it or could give me some ideas/info or help?
any help is greatly appreciated and i will be on ozhonda.com alot more now so might get to know some brissy people some more.
Thanks

Centurius
31-01-2008, 12:24 PM
whereabouts in brissy are you?
I havent heard much from triple 9, but i thought ivan at hipower mainly dealt with N/A... i could be wrong though.

Phat999
31-01-2008, 12:38 PM
western suburbs but i don't mind travelling to gold coast or anywhere around brissy.
I know 999 have just got zero1000 turbo kits and stuff for civics so not too sure hoping to go in next week. and i thort ivan dealt mainly with N/A aswell just putting it out there.

markoJEK1
31-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Ivan does deal with just N/A setups, that i know of, but he does sell alot of turbo products also, wouldnt hurt to ask

SLOWEGG
31-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Buy a kit from the states, whack it in.

Benson
31-01-2008, 02:44 PM
buy my turbo kit and b16a motor. ITs ready to go

JasonGilholme
31-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Buy a kit from the states, whack it in.

thats pretty much the way to go.

Its almost completely DIY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

b18c_crx
31-01-2008, 04:58 PM
thats pretty much the way to go.

Its almost completely DIY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats what i am doing. its a good idea and there parts are pretty good.

Sexc86
31-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Would deffinately suggest either parting together a custom kit or purchaseing an AVO or Greddy kit for your b16. Deffinately purchaseing Direct from the USA, deffinately dont buy stuff in oz unless its absolutely necessary.

Ivan at Highpower Raceing is an absolute champ, he knows Lots of stuff but i think he believes more in NA hondas. Triple 9 auto i think i sore with a company Honda Civic at Autosalon. I have herd a little while ago about a few boosted civics comeing out of mahem motorsports too. So IMO those are prolly the guys to check out first.

good luck and stay away from the wankers at boostcruising.com

Phat999
02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
thanks guys thats the kind of help i was chasing.
i cant wait to upgrade from the accord to the civic.
if anyone wants or knows someone after an accord mine will b for sale when its road worthy in a month or so.
but so looking forward to boosting a civic