PDA

View Full Version : TIPS on Installing front lip to Integra?

DC4Integra98
31-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks to JDMyard (recommended!) I have acquired myself a DC2 98-01 front lip spoiler - Mugen style :)

As I am about to install, I just want to clarify some things.

1. Would you use 2 screws for the sides (fenders) and any screws for the middle section (underneath). Should I be using brackets?

and

2. I have heard a couple of people having their front lips stolen. Are there any lock screws or any particular way to secure it?

Cheers

Currently waiting on a friend for some assistance. One man install is quite hard as my arms aren't able to hold both sides at once :thumbdwn:

Limbo
31-01-2008, 03:02 PM
1) I used 2 per side

2) i used double-sided tape. I know you can use stikaflex but it's hard to get out. I'm gonna replace it with silicone glue cos the double sided tape got wet and doesn't stick as well now.

Yeah 2 people job so you don't scratch things

ptran
01-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Make sure that its sturdy or else the lip will scratch the paint off..I learnt from my mistakes from my first lip..

hai
01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
two screws on each side and and 3 small strips of double sided tape in the middle ftw, make sure its on tight or else .. once you reach a dip/hump without knowing , OUCh!

hrmm locks only way would be screwing the lip underneath out.. it would look ugly but would keep thefts from not complishing there attack, which i doubt they'd open the bumper just to steal the lip.. but yeah ahaha

well good luck with it !

cheers

DC4Integra98
01-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Cheers thanks all for the advice!
All installed now =)

claymore
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Installed and done! Closed