PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Melb with FD1

match
31-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Just a quick question. Going down to Melbourne tomorrow and thinking of driving my fd 1 there. Should i or should i not considering the after effects that will imposed to my car? my current mileage is around 14k how more do you think it will add up to Melb back and forth?

edit: I'm from Sydney btw

dc2dc2dc2
31-01-2008, 01:35 PM
first of all
where are u coming from?
for all we know u are from perth.

match
31-01-2008, 01:38 PM
first of all
where are u coming from?
for all we know u are from perth.

My mistake hahah .......I'm from SYDNEY!!!!!

Phlirt
31-01-2008, 02:28 PM
My mistake hahah .......I'm from SYDNEY!!!!!

a round trip from sydney to melbourne is around 1600 km's.

|N|
31-01-2008, 02:35 PM
u will get plenty of stone chips
and bugs dead body caught at the front of ur car

sitta
31-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Stone chips! did it in my fn2 and have so many stone chips!!! as for bugs only if you are driving at night

match
31-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Stone chips! did it in my fn2 and have so many stone chips!!! as for bugs only if you are driving at night

what are stone chips?? do i need to have another service right after the trip?

darkshines
31-01-2008, 03:20 PM

the tiny pieces of stones you get on the road, while driving your wheels may pick them up and may scratch your car paint :eek:

gerard
31-01-2008, 03:58 PM
the tiny pieces of stones you get on the road, while driving your wheels may pick them up and may scratch your car paint :eek:

or the car in front of you throws up at your car.
can chip the paint or even worse the windshield

but what the heck, a car is meant to be driven and life is meant to be lived blah blah blah.

JaCe
31-01-2008, 09:42 PM
i got chips on my bonnet from port stephens :(

gerard
01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
i got chips on my bonnet from port stephens :(
I share your pain. mine's from Tassie

panda[cRx]
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM

no you won't need a service straight after. follow your service schedule and you will be fine.

lol @ what are stone chips??

redinteg
02-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Just do it, long highway trips arnt as bad for your car as stop start crap around town

clayton4115
05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
i did a trip from brisbane to melbourne return, over 3500 kms round trip and Chloe (my civic) loved it!

JasonGilholme
05-02-2008, 12:23 PM
i drove my crx up from canberra when i bought it.

It loved the drive.

They're made for it so why not??

Rodney
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I used to own a Civic sedan and I drove it twice to queensland and luckyly i never had a stone chip on my paint, now I heard that the new civic have a soft paint including FNR ( most owner said its the worst ).. Is the paint protection from the dealer or maybe after market can actually give you some kind of protection???

JaCe
05-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I used to own a Civic sedan and I drove it twice to queensland and luckyly i never had a stone chip on my paint, now I heard that the new civic have a soft paint including FNR ( most owner said its the worst ).. Is the paint protection from the dealer or maybe after market can actually give you some kind of protection???

I don't get it. My paint on the doors can outdo the paint on the poles in a parking lot; yet it still gets stone chips on the highway. ><

Mingy
06-02-2008, 12:11 AM

I don't think its so much the paint quality of the 8th gen civics. i think its the colour of your car. most people would disagree. but i think lighter colours are more harder for scratches and marks to be visible even in close-up. darker colours however are so easy to be scratched. colours like Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and especially Black. Silver and White paint in IMO are almost scratch-proof paints.

JaCe
06-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't think its so much the paint quality of the 8th gen civics. i think its the colour of your car. most people would disagree. but i think lighter colours are more harder for scratches and marks to be visible even in close-up. darker colours however are so easy to be scratched. colours like Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and especially Black. Silver and White paint in IMO are almost scratch-proof paints.

My FD1 is nighthawk black so I think that defies your theory. It still bewilders both me and my friends/family- whenever I scratch something whether it be a pole in the parking lot, or a pillar in a parking lot (notice a trend?), I can always scratch the other colour off... sure you can tell the difference if you look carefully and shine a bright light on it (it appears a bit duller than the rest of the car), but ultimately, you can't see it. Is this because it's black underneath so that even if I scrape away the top layer of black, it's underlying colour is black too? *shrugs*

markCivicVti
06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
^ I for one am surprised you drive into poles in parking lots!! I take it you not the bestest parker. Such a nice car too!

You are prolly only scratching some of the clear coat off.. so you lose the shine.

willl
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
It should be fine, my Civic's done the Melb to Syd, Syd to Melb thing a few months after getting my first service. Also did a Melb to Wagga, Wagga to Melb a few months after getting the car.

If you're that worried about scratches etc, get one of those "car bra" things.

Aco3n
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
got couple stone chips on my bonnet.. and I only do inner city driving.. darn.. might have to wait for the CF bonnet... :P

warwick108
09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
cf bonnet for sale on ebay atm.. so tempted.. but 1.1k.. starting bid.. =(
someone keyd my front bonnet.. ><..

JaCe
10-02-2008, 12:27 PM
^ I for one am surprised you drive into poles in parking lots!! I take it you not the bestest parker. Such a nice car too!

You are prolly only scratching some of the clear coat off.. so you lose the shine.

LOL once you've hit one pole, even if it causes very minor damage, it's enough to make you change the way you drive/park. I became much more careful afterwards...

.. and for the record, I did that on my 2nd wk on Red P's ><

ryanc
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
cf bonnet for sale on ebay atm.. so tempted.. but 1.1k.. starting bid.. =(
someone keyd my front bonnet.. ><..

is it vented type or just normal bonnet with cf look?
1.1k argh so expensive lol.. my hood's got a few scratches too

JaCe
10-02-2008, 09:10 PM
is it vented type or just normal bonnet with cf look?
1.1k argh so expensive lol.. my hood's got a few scratches too

If it's real CF, aren't there implications in Aus regarding the ADRs?

I wouldn't mind considering since my hood is quite dented with chips, and if it's going to cost me $400 to get it fixed, maybe a new hood altogther isn't such an unviable option.