PDA

View Full Version : [WA]need help eg+b18c+turbo charged

brownes
31-01-2008, 10:36 PM
hey i just recently turbo charged my b18c but i got a dodge manifold, i fitted a gtst skyline turbo and the mechanic needed to shaved my engine..... now i got problem with the turbo i wanted to change to a bigger one, but i dnt want to shaved my engine any more. is there any one thats have eg + b18c + turbo charged and hav a decent turbo on it??? can u please tell me wat manifold you used( no more a/c) or what manifold is good??? and i dnt want no kits >< i got everything and i m porably going for hks (disco potato) turbo or around tat size

1996ek1
31-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Umm disco potato is a Garrett, not HKS.
And a disco potato will be just the same size as a skyline turbo.
Just get a real manifold...

If its a serious setup look at the ramhorn manifolds from the states.
Stuff like lovefab, and i forget the other brands, plenty of them at honda-tech.com

And for a B18c i would look at a Garrett GT30 or something like that

shebangs
31-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry to be blatantly obvious, but what manifold did you get?

brownes
31-01-2008, 11:10 PM
its embarrassing to say but i got it from ebay.... i tot i could get away with it but its faked.....

Stuff like lovefab, and i forget the other brands, plenty of them at honda-tech.com

yer...... i want to get a real manifold but what brand is good..... i m looking at rld-fab does any one know anything about that manifold?? and i might get a hks GT2835 Pro S Turbo

hayashi_1986
31-01-2008, 11:30 PM
its embarrassing to say but i got it from ebay.... i tot i could get away with it but its faked.....

yer...... i want to get a real manifold but what brand is good..... i m looking at rld-fab does any one know anything about that manifold?? and i might get a hks GT2835 Pro S Turbo

Hmmm...eBay = made of fail (yes, made of it...that's why they do lol). Ramhorn is the way to go much of the time with Turbo Civvy's. Good gains, and a mean looking turbofold. But, if you want to keep your AC then the log style 'folds are good as well. Though the power output may suffer a tad bit because of the short runners (properly tuned length runners = better build up in velocity/charge and good combustion utilization...correct me if I'm wrong :wave: ). Friends and friends of friends are all using ramhorn 'folds. Though if your worried about the weather getting hot, then the log 'folds may be what you need.

That's a good and decent sized turbo you've chosen. Plenty of power to make (before your engine leaves you with sparkies and rods flying out your bay lol). But if your engine is built then that turbo = The Shit.

US is the temple of all turbo Honda's. Ask a few of the great guys on the honda-tech forums. They'll point you in the right direction, and may even be able to help you source the part you need.

Hope things work out man!

Regards
Nick

DLO01
31-01-2008, 11:45 PM
i m looking at rld-fab does any one know anything about that manifold?? and i might get a hks GT2835 Pro S Turbo

I have an RLD-Fab Ramhorn on my B18C7. Its a very well made manifold. I don't like recomending them though, cause they tried to do the doge on me. :thumbdwn:

You can also get ramhorns to maintain your AC.

shebangs
01-02-2008, 07:53 AM
You should look seriously at coughing up the dollars and getting a Full Race manifold. Easily the best quality and proven results (not the best customer service though if that's your thing).

brownes
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I have an RLD-Fab Ramhorn on my B18C7. Its a very well made manifold. I don't like recomending them though, cause they tried to do the doge on me. :thumbdwn:

You can also get ramhorns to maintain your AC.

did u hav to shave your engine or anything like tat and what turbo did u fit in there??? and i got no more ac i can put it back but i dun relli mind....

brownes
01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
i dnt mind to spend.. i just want to know if i can buy manifold thats good or should i custom??

DLO01
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
It really depends on what turbo/what manifold, but you may have to shave the webbing on the block to fit the turbo it. Its no biggie, I've done it, others have done it. No problems.

brownes
01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
do u hav problem with the manifold??? as in the weld cracks...???? or i dunno sum other bs... i might get it done custom

DLO01
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
No problems with mine.

Sexc86
01-02-2008, 11:51 PM

Garrett make HKS turbos... they are all very very similar.... Hks are overpriced compared to garrett.

Limbo
03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
comes down to what you want from the turbo, track car, drag car or daily driver.

Then pick if you want a/c & PS or not.

That will narrow down what type of manifolds and turbos you will want.

BaNaNaMaN
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Peakboost manifolds are one of the best setups I have seen. Mate over here is going to run one with his B18C. The quality is amazing in real life!

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/tempestracing/Categories?category=Peakboost+Manifolds

Limo
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
full race prostreet manifold, mad manifold, they shouldnt cost too much these days with the good exchange rates etc.

im running one, definately worth the money for a hassle free setup. yeh ive shaved the knoch off the block also, i dont know many ppl who havent.

crazyEG
04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I would recommend AFI manifolds.
Pm me if your interested

defect
05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
where can you order a full race and AFI manifolds form?

DLO01
05-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Omg! Can people not search :confused: Either brainless or lazy.

AFI:
http://www.afiturbo.com/

Full Race:
http://www.full-race.com/

crazyEG
05-02-2008, 12:29 PM
where can you order a full race and AFI manifolds form?

I can get AFI gear pm me if your interested

crazyEG
05-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Omg! Can people not search :confused: Either brainless or lazy.

AFI:
http://www.afiturbo.com/

Full Race:
http://www.full-race.com/

LOL or they want it but dont have any dosh to get it......

z3lda
05-02-2008, 03:27 PM
LOL or they want it but dont have any dosh to get it......

lol, true. all of people here like to talk the talk, but they dont walk the walk.

kazam
06-02-2008, 08:53 AM
wat kindah times would u expect to run with n eg + b18c-T?

Muzz
14-07-2008, 02:29 PM
wat kindah times would u expect to run with n eg + b18c-T?

Hmmm anywhere between 9s and 20s:p depends on the setup obviously..... Some may not even make it to the finishline lol.

beeza
14-07-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88212

EGB18CT
14-07-2008, 04:06 PM
sell the car simple hahhaha.

beeza
14-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Apart from rising petrol costs (which is enough) why???