PDA

View Full Version : 2000 s2000 Alarm viper 791xv help!!!

rics2k
31-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi all
long time reader, first time post :)

Just installed a viper 791xv into my 2000 s2000 but can get the doors to lock/unlock. everything else is great besides the door
was wondering if anyone knows hows to do it. read some stuff on the net and i might neeed some relays or conecting stright into the keyless entry module????? plz explain

would be great if u have instructions or pics to assit on how its done

thanks

VTECACCORD
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Take it back to the installer. If the doors don't work I can't begin to imagine how poorly that alarm was installed.

You probably wasted your money on it.

Shit install = Shit alarm = Stolen car

rics2k
01-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks buddy cause im the installer, did it myself plus i dont think i,ve wasted my time and money on it.
any1 else can help ????

VTECACCORD
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Where did you install it ?

Did you use aftermarket actuators in the doors, because you will need one in the drivers side door.

PM me if you want

Benson
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
best advice i can give you is to call viper alarm up and ask them how to wire up the central locking. I did this with my mongoose alarm.

But for the central locking, do you have 2 wires from the door locking mechanism? might be different on a s2k.

fatboyz39
01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I heard that s2k door runs different i.ewiring. You need to grab both signal wires on both doors.

rics2k
02-02-2008, 01:45 AM
HI ALL, thanks for your time realy appreciate it

Any way heres the low down on the alarm
Went to an auto barn long weekend and bought a viper 791xv alarm for the s2k( since it has no alarm and I wish to upgrade the sound system in the near future, SECURITY FIRST). So I thought I should install the alarm myself sine ive fitted sound systems and alarms in supras and nissans for friends and families before.
So I installed/ fitted everything (sensors, sirens, lights roll up windows etc) and bobs your uncle success but when I push the arm/unarm buttons the doors don’t lock/unlock so this is where I need your help 

Here is a wiring diagram I used found at http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires/hons2000.htm

HONDA S2000 2000
WIRE COLORS LOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANT WHT IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 1 BLK/YEL IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2 N/A N/A
IGNITION 3 N/A N/A
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 YEL IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A
STARTER BLK/WHT (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS RED/BLK (+) KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE
DOMELIGHT GRN/YEL (-) KEYLESS MODULE BEHIND STRTR
PWR DOOR LOCK GRN/RED KEYLESS MOD 18-PIN GREY CONN UNDER LEFT DASH
PWR DOOR UNLOCK BLK/WHT (TYPE B)
TRUNK RELEASE BLK/YEL (+) KEYLESS ENRYT MODULE
TACH SENSOR N/A N/A
BRAKE WHT/BLK (+) SWITCH AT BRAKE PEDAL
HORN N/A N/A
FACTORY DISARM N/A N/A

Also another diagram I used (twos better then one) found at
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1085.html

2000 Honda S2000 Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information
Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/White Driver's Kick Panel
Ignition Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Brake Switch White/Black Brake Switch
Trunk Release Black/Yellow (+) Keyless Entry Module
Trunk Pin Blue/Black (-) Gray Connector Driver's Kick Panel
Parking Lights Red/Black (+) Keyless Entry Module
Door Trigger Green/Yellow (-) Keyless Module behind Starter BUTTON
Door Lock (-) 2 blank Connectors on/Keyless Entry One is Lock
Door Unlock (-) The other is Unlock

I have also attached the viper 791xv wiring diagram (please have a look)

So I have connected the green and the blue viper cable from the door lock harness on to the 2 blank connectors on the keyless module on the s2k but it does not work and I have also tried connecting it to the green/red and black and white in the other diagram above but no luck
So does any one know what to do????

So yea hope this info can show you where im at
Thanks once again

VTECACCORD
02-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I still think you need an aftermarket door lock actuator for it to work.

For the civic's and integras that I have done installs in I have used a $20 actuator to pull the rod in the panel open and close.

I'm not sure that S2K would be any different ???

I'm not sur eif Audioexpress from brisbane is on this forum but he would be able to help

ek4-guy
02-02-2008, 11:42 AM
worste thing you can do is go putting what alarm you got on the internet

Benson
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I still think you need an aftermarket door lock actuator for it to work.

For the civic's and integras that I have done installs in I have used a $20 actuator to pull the rod in the panel open and close.

I'm not sure that S2K would be any different ???

I'm not sur eif Audioexpress from brisbane is on this forum but he would be able to help

I agree with you, you might need aftermarket actuators. Makes it 10x easier to wire up

DC5TYPER
02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
LoL You should of use a Upgrade alarm.

Retain your original remotes without stuffing around with factory locking.

After market Actuators work on a basic alternating one wire positive one wire negative pulse. Most OEM wiring central locking don't really work on this basis because like in the S2K the Central locking module has dome light hooked into it, and other features like so. (To much to get into).

Uprading is the smart option. The next smartest option would be using kill switch system aswell with/without immobilisers.

D4rk4n63l
03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
I will try to explain, but you can PM me later if you need more details (its 3 am in the morning :p)

S2000 door lock actuators uses "normally open" motors, so connecting one input trigger (LOCK/UNLOCK) wont do anything. The system alternates (+) and (-) pulse to the two motor wires in order to lock or unlock the doors.

What you need to complete the install is two automotive relays and four diodes. You mentioned that you did a couple of alarm install in the past so you should be able to figure out what to do from the pic below, both taken out from shop manual.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s307/D4rk4n63l/s2k-dooractuatorstest.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s307/D4rk4n63l/s2kkeyless.jpg

rics2k
03-02-2008, 10:40 PM
hi all
It worked awesome
thanks heaps guys for all your help and thanks for the diagrams D4rk4n63l. it was just wat i needed
cheers

twofake
06-07-2009, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=rics2k;1524441]HI ALL, thanks for your time realy appreciate it

Hi rics2K,
I am interested on how you went with your alarm install. Did you manage to get the central locking working without the extra motor in the door? My S2000 came with an after market piece of crap which is disguised as an alarm but it has no instructions, no brand or anything and does not seem to work on anything except the shock sensor so I will be upgrading. The central locking is the only thing that is any good.It works like the original Honda Remotes (which I did not get when I bought the car (yes, that was almost the deal breaker)).
Anyway i do not think that it has an extra door lock actuator as it locks/unlocks very quietly.
I do have the advantage that I could wire up to the current loom BUT the problem is that there is no wiring diagram to wrk out what wire is what.
Can you tell me if you took the "glovebox" right off and if yes, how did you get the back off?
I did have a fool around with the current piece of crap alarm to find that on the connector (with alarm module disconnected), touching one wire with test light would indicate that a negative signal caused the doors to unlock (that is the doors would unlock if locked and still unlock if they were already unlocked). IF the accessories switch was on, the test light would ellicit a toggling effect.That is the door would lock if unlocked and unlock if already locked). That may not mean much but it's a start as I decipher this mess of wires (the unit is behind the driver's seat plastic cover in my car).