PDA

View Full Version : should i change the colour?

joek
01-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi guys, i am helping my gf to sell her 2000 dark green honda civic vti-r coupe, the thing is although it is a accident-free vehicle, it has many many many scratches and a couple of small dents, so we design to repsray the whole car before selling. But should we respray it green or paint it to some more popular colours like black? of course i am not going to do the engine bay as that is going to cost a fortune, so will u guys choose to do the original green colour or black w/o doing the interior (black exterior with green engine bay and door frame may look abit doggy)? cheers
JOe

Dell99
01-02-2008, 03:42 AM
u probably wouldn't even make the amount of extra money on the car to cover ur paint job. Unless its a cheapo dodgy one or mates rates.

As for black car wit green engine bay. That would severly depreciate ur car value imho

Dy_
02-02-2008, 01:41 PM
you're not going to get much back from respray and selling.

JetSir
02-02-2008, 01:57 PM
respray n sell it... try findin a mate to do it or at a cheapo place but not too dodgy =]

1-1.5k is a good price to start from

teh_mechanic
02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
if i was to do it i would stay with the original colour.
you will have a hard time convincing people its accident free when the inside of the doors are a different colour etc.
even then you will struggle to make up the money you pay to resperay it in your sale price.people dont really see it as that much of an add on to the price,they just think wow bargain this guy has taken really good care of his paint

joek
03-02-2008, 05:06 AM
After collecting everyone's opinion, i think i will stick to green. Do u guys think if i post 2 prices like 12.5k as is and then 14.5k resprayed a good idea? coz i hate people come over and try to bargain and keep saying the pain job sucks or what so ever.....
Thanks
Joe

m0nty ITR
03-02-2008, 06:18 AM
After collecting everyone's opinion, i think i will stick to green. Do u guys think if i post 2 prices like 12.5k as is and then 14.5k resprayed a good idea? coz i hate people come over and try to bargain and keep saying the pain job sucks or what so ever.....
Thanks
Joe

Scratch free bodywork does not increase price 2k. The most important thing is the service history, accident free past and general condition of the car. Any reasonable buyer assumes there will be a few battle scars on a car unless it has lived it's life inside the garage. Use RedBook as your guide. Thyere's no point advertising it at $14.5k if the market is $2k cheaper.

2000 HONDA CIVIC

GLi Coupe 2dr Auto 4sp 1.6i
Prices based on km 120,000 - 200,000
Trade in price guide* $8,600 - $10,400
National average price - private sale* $11,100 - $13,100
Price when new (RRP) $26,950

02gzm
03-02-2008, 06:20 AM
How bout a professional cut and polish? Should fix the scratch problem at least. And cheaper than a full respray.

Snoop_gee
03-02-2008, 06:58 AM
if the respray is not gonna be done properly the first time to include door jams and engine bay dont even bother!

Just respray it the factory colour.....

defect
03-02-2008, 10:14 AM
why dont you sell it slightly abit cheaper and save the headaches?

let the new buyer decide what colour he wishes to respray it?
is it a ej8 or em1?

i just dont see the point of having to respray your car only to sell it afterwards anyways.
might as well let it go for cheap and save yourself the headaches..

simonnowis
03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
rather then wasting the money with a respray lower the price to attract more buyers. when selling a car your always goner get ppl bargaining and using any faults possible the car has to lower the price.

joek
03-02-2008, 07:01 PM
thanks for everyone's suggestion. i think i will just leave the paint job as is for now to see how it goes.
Monty_ITR just for the record, the car we got is a year 2000 vti-r instead of gli, i think it should worth 2k more. peace

defect
05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
So how much is your asking price?

rayb3na_
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
where are you located? what panels have damages? got any pics? i might pick it up off you? lol

Dy_
05-02-2008, 05:54 PM
lol are you serious...
its your decision how much you wnat to sell/post your car for is upto you but imo extra +2grand for the spray? you're dreaming mate.
like someone has said people dont percieve the respray as something of great value, rather just a bonus.

play_R
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
i reckon don't bother. if you going a new color its dodgy if u dont paint engine bay too. if u do costs u way 2 much 2 b worth it n get ur money back when selling it. so i say u tell me wher u live, and how much u after how many k's etc, i mite b keen ;)

joek
06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
lol.... yep if u guys saw the posts i replied....already decided i will leave it as is... cheers everyone...
Joe