PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Pump Failure..

dahon
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
hey guys..

i know its pretty rare, and im wondering how, but my power steering pumps main bearing has given way. it sounds like its grinding and when i took it in for timing belt replacement today the guy definately told me it was the power steering pump.
he couldnt even give me a quote on how much it wuld cost cos he said it never happens.. weird..

i was just wondering are there aftermarket pumps available or should i just get honda to do it?
has this happened to anyone else?
and it would cost a fair bit aye?

hayashi_1986
02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
hey guys..

i know its pretty rare, and im wondering how, but my power steering pumps main bearing has given way. it sounds like its grinding and when i took it in for timing belt replacement today the guy definately told me it was the power steering pump.
he couldnt even give me a quote on how much it wuld cost cos he said it never happens.. weird..

i was just wondering are there aftermarket pumps available or should i just get honda to do it?
has this happened to anyone else?
and it would cost a fair bit aye?

Best thing to do is head over to a Honda wreckers and grab a 2nd hand one. Won't cost you an arm and a leg like they do at the dealerships. Easy to fit as well.

teh_mechanic
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
yeah get yourself one from the wreckers.like your mechanic said,its a pretty rare part failure,so your pretty safe if you get a used one that it will still be in good condition,a new one would cost heaps