PDA

View Full Version : 99 ek rear speaker install

b18c7dc2
02-02-2008, 02:18 AM
i guys. just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I've looked at my parcel shelf and it seems quite complicated, as its one big mould. Do i have to take my whole parcel shelk out and un bolt EVERTHING?

simonnowis
02-02-2008, 08:11 AM
installing rear speakers has nothing to do with your parcel shelf.
the parcel shelf just comes off easily. just push it up.
you just have to undo 3 screws on the speaker cover each side.
then the 4 screws holding the rear speaker down.

p.s. with wiring the speaker it might be annoying with the limited space to work with, you can take the whole plastic trim off to make things heaps easily but dont if not necessary cuz thats where the headaches come in lol.

[ricer]
02-02-2008, 08:13 AM
it might be a sedan lol

simonnowis
02-02-2008, 08:17 AM
oooh good point hahaa, not sure how the sedan is...isnt it easier with the sedan cuz the rear speakers are exposed.

[ricer]
02-02-2008, 08:20 AM
pretty sure they still have a grill?

in most cars i've seen they have little bolts under the shelf roughly where the grills are places.. once you undo them the shelf should pop out with a tiny bit of force.
but then again this could be completely irrelevant to you the EK sedans lol

Dy_
02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
in a sedan = gg lol heaps harder than the hatch

if thats the case you have to take the back side panels out then the rear parcel shelf then you're set.

b18c7dc2
02-02-2008, 03:25 PM
yes its a sedan! the grill is attached to the whole shelf. i gotta get the whole shelf off. looks heeps hard.

dupac->
02-02-2008, 03:39 PM
have a look around ro see what you can undo

its probably easier than you think.

nugget1
02-02-2008, 04:28 PM
This guide is for a coupe but it might give you some idea what you have to do.
http://lonewolf-online.net/cars/honda/how_to_replace_rear_speakers/

Red_EG4
02-02-2008, 08:24 PM
This guide is for a coupe but it might give you some idea what you have to do.
http://lonewolf-online.net/cars/honda/how_to_replace_rear_speakers/
I thought my EG hatch speakers were hard to install :eek:
I love how easy Honda rear seats are to take out.

zeus_civic
04-02-2008, 03:00 PM
For an EK sedan it's pretty simple. You first have to remove the 2 cushions on both sides of the back seat. They have 1 bolt each that hold them in place which is near the bottom between the gap of the cushion and the bench of the rear seats. You remove the cushion by pull them up towards the roof and they should slide out. Oh and also put your seat back down. After that you can just remove the parcel shelf by push it upwards. There is about 8-10 clips in memory. Then it's just a matter of unscrewing the speaker and put in new ones. Simple :) Hope that helps