PDA

View Full Version : Honda VTI-L seat covers

Foxtail
02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Those with the new VTI-L Civic might like to know front seat covers suitable for the seats with airbags can be had from Auto Barn, Nova brand and just $59 for a pair of fronts, excellent quality and a good fit.

civic_07
02-02-2008, 05:05 PM
yeah? great news, i've been looking 4 suitable seat covers ever since i bought the car but been put off bcoz of the side airbags. Will check it out asap. Thx!

Foxtail
02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah? great news, i've been looking 4 suitable seat covers ever since i bought the car but been put off bcoz of the side airbags. Will check it out asap. Thx!

We have a set of these (normal ones) fitted to our Jazz they look and feel excellent. Apparently Honda don't sell seat covers for the VTI-L because of the seat airbags, but then they wouldn't be cheap

JaCe
02-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Those with the new VTI-L Civic might like to know front seat covers suitable for the seats with airbags can be had from Auto Barn, Nova brand and just $59 for a pair of fronts, excellent quality and a good fit.

Sounds fantastic. I'm also interested. Got any photos? Also would be interested to see what packaging looks like so I know what I'm looking for~

Cheers mate.

Foxtail
03-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Sounds fantastic. I'm also interested. Got any photos? Also would be interested to see what packaging looks like so I know what I'm looking for~

Cheers mate.

Some pics here, Nova come in light grey or grey with black. Even have steering wheel covers to match.

http://www.ilanas.com.au/sports.html

ryanc
03-02-2008, 10:48 AM
i saw a VTI-L in the city the other day with black honda seat covers

are these genuine civic items? it looked really nice

Foxtail
03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm sure they are Honda official ones but cover the side air bags. I saw them on the standard civic last week.

JaCe
03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Some pics here, Nova come in light grey or grey with black. Even have steering wheel covers to match.

http://www.ilanas.com.au/sports.html

Thanks for that. Definitely adds a new look to the car interior.

DamienS
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I am curious to know how they are compatible with side air bags? Do they have a gap with the sidebag comes out or a weakened point for it?

Foxtail
04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Didn't takeout of packet, think a gap. Drop into Auto Barn and have a look. Brand name is Ilana Model Nova Universal 30/50 airbag. Come in Black, Charcoal and Camel colours.

DamienS
04-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Didn't takeout of packet, think a gap. Drop into Auto Barn and have a look. Brand name is Ilana Model Nova Universal 30/50 airbag. Come in Black, Charcoal and Camel colours.

Its ok I have a VTI so not an issue. Just curious from a legal point of view cos if the airbags didnt deploy properly in an accident there would be an absolute legal nightmare. Especially if someone died.