PDA

View Full Version : Radio Harness Pin Outs?

EuroSteve
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi All,

After searching these forums and a fair amount of googling, i'm still unsure about some of the pin-outs on the Euro radio harness.

I'm in the process of installing some gear (see http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81596 and http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81596) and have bought male and female wire harnesses so I can hook up my gear without cutting into the factory harness. The idea is to solder the two together and plug it inline with the factory harness.

Some photos:
http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/42575/2001016491522870724_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001016491522870724) http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/41274/2001079190878000740_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001079190878000740)

As you can see from the second photo, 6 pins are missing from this harness for some reason, and i'm wondering what they might be for?

I refer you to one4spl's photo of his Euro's harness:
http://lh5.google.com.au/luke.smith.name/R1ErrIP3WcI/AAAAAAAAAng/cL342oV_-DM/s288/DSCN1506.jpg

I see that the Euro is using 3 out of those 6 missing pins. Does anyone know what they are for?

So far, I beleive the pinouts are:
1: Ground
2: Dimmer
3: LF -ive
4: RF -ive
5: LR -ive
6: RR -ive
7: ?
8: ?
9: ?
10: ? (Used by the Euro)
11: +12V
12: Illum./Dash Lights
13: LF +ive
14: RF +ive
15: LR +ive
16: RR +ive
17: ? (Used by the Euro)
18: ? (Used by the Euro)
19: Ign/Switched +12V
20: Ant. Power

I need a connection to the steering wheel control wire, i'm guessing one of those ? wires is it...?

Cheers,
Steve

PS. I'm not sure if this thread is best suited here or in the Audio/Video section?

EuroSteve
11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks to Euro1011, here are the complete pinouts (I had the numbering in reverse order):

1: Window Antenna Coil Amp.
2: Ign/Switched +12V
3: Steering Wheel Controls +ive.
4: Multiplex Integrated Control Unit
5: RR +ive
6: LR +ive
7: RF +ive
8: LF +ive
9: Illum./Dash Lights
10: +12V
11: Steering Wheel Controls Ground
12: Nav. Unit
13: Nav. Unit
14: Nav. Unit
15: RR -ive
16: LR -ive
17: RF -ive
18: LF -ive
19: Dimmer
20: Ground

.QD
23-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey EuroSteve, was wondering where you got your harness from? Is this an Aerpro harness? Whats the cost?

I want to do something similar. I just want to add a headunit, but use the factory speakers and dont want to cut the factory cable either.

[Factory Cable]
|
|___[To factory headunit]
|
\__[To new headunit]

viper8548
23-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks to Euro1011, here are the complete pinouts (I had the numbering in reverse order):

Thats awesome, does that mean that we can do a convertion from non-satnav to satnav? or is there more connections involved

EuroSteve
28-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey EuroSteve, was wondering where you got your harness from? Is this an Aerpro harness? Whats the cost?

I want to do something similar. I just want to add a headunit, but use the factory speakers and dont want to cut the factory cable either.

[Factory Cable]
|
|
\__[To new headunit]

Sorry for the late reply.

I bought the male and female harnesses from eBay and soldered up the complete harness myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200040818064&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:AU:31
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200040819515&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:AU:31

S.

EuroSteve
28-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Thats awesome, does that mean that we can do a convertion from non-satnav to satnav? or is there more connections involved

I honestly couldn't tell you. At the very least, I think you'd have to connect a GPS antenna.

S.

aaronng
28-04-2008, 10:58 AM

It can be done. Someone in the US did that with their TSX, converting it from non-sat nav to sat nav.

.QD
28-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry for the late reply.

I bought the male and female harnesses from eBay and soldered up the complete harness myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200040818064&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:AU:31
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200040819515&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:AU:31

S.

Hi EuroSteve,

Thanks for the links, was just wondering if you had to add extra pin/cable into the harness to make up for the missing pin/connector/cable to retain stock connectivity to the stock head unit?

If Im reading the pins right and the picture of the connector. Looks like the connector will not connect back the sterring wheel controls or part of it?

Just need to make sure so I can buy double of everything and remove some pins/cable from the connector to the harness that has missing pins/connector/cable so all funtionality of the factory HU is retained.

Thanks.

EuroSteve
28-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi EuroSteve,

Thanks for the links, was just wondering if you had to add extra pin/cable into the harness to make up for the missing pin/connector/cable to retain stock connectivity to the stock head unit?

If Im reading the pins right and the picture of the connector. Looks like the connector will not connect back the sterring wheel controls or part of it?

Just need to make sure so I can buy double of everything and remove some pins/cable from the connector to the harness that has missing pins/connector/cable so all funtionality of the factory HU is retained.

Thanks.

Ahh yes, I forgot about that. For some reason, the harnesses I bought off eBay don't come fully populated with pins. Because I had no need for the speaker out from the HU, I used those pins to populate the missing ones that I needed.

Yeah, if you need to populate the whole connector, buying two, and using the pins from the 2nd one would be the best option.

You'll need a small "jewelers type" flat blade screw driver to remove the pins from the connector.

HTH

S.

.QD
28-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the info Steve. Yeah for me I'm satisfied with the stock speakers (I'm sure aftermarket would be better quality, obviously), cbf installing an amp and so on. So HU upgrade/addition and maybe headrest screens will be fine for me.

Thanks again.

Crapdaz
16-06-2008, 10:00 PM

Just wondering do you need to use all the connections? besides the nav unit if you have it that is.
and whats the best tool to use to crimp the wires into the harness and installing the pins?

:thumbsup: Thanks all.

.QD
17-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Tiny flathead should do the job to remove the pin/cable and you can reinstall it on the sockets that have a missing cable.

Crapdaz
17-06-2008, 06:46 PM
where can you get those crimping pins (female spade connector) to connect the wires up to the harness?

somewhere like jaycar or anything local?

and you know what size they are as, jaycar provides only 6.4 and 4.8mm ones which i think are a bit too big for the harness.

do you think these phone female spades would work from jaycar PT. NO. PT4520

please advise thanks. daz

.QD
19-06-2008, 04:37 PM
why dont you just buy the harness that EuroSteve posted? thats what i did... just waiting to buy a double-din unit.

Crapdaz
19-06-2008, 04:55 PM
i bought the single din unit from ryda that came with the harness.
i just need to get some mobile female spade clips to install some of the wires into the socket.

.QD
19-06-2008, 05:16 PM
how many do you need?

Crapdaz
19-06-2008, 06:31 PM
the harness has 1 end male + other end is female. <--- came connected

the side with the female i need to connect the wiring up, when i do connect it up i will combine it with my HU harness.

connection would be connected something like this
stock headunit > facia harness + bridged to Aftermarket harness > stock connection

just havent had time to tackle this + need to get some of those connectors.

dansanhdieu
21-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Ahh yes, I forgot about that. For some reason, the harnesses I bought off eBay don't come fully populated with pins. Because I had no need for the speaker out from the HU, I used those pins to populate the missing ones that I needed.

Yeah, if you need to populate the whole connector, buying two, and using the pins from the 2nd one would be the best option.

You'll need a small "jewelers type" flat blade screw driver to remove the pins from the connector.

HTH

S.

Hi EuroSteve ,

I am in the process of buying all the part to install my New Pioneer Double DIN DVD . My part shopping list including

1. Double DIn Kit from Face Kit from Honda - 08B06-SDE-700
2. Pioneer AVH-6050 Double Din DVD Player
3. Pioneer Sound to Honda AUX Cable - Car2AUX-HON1
4. Male and Female socket that i got from your link to ebay seller .

Plan A : The diagram is : Pioneer HU ---> Honda AUX -----> OEM Speaker ( This way i can keep the OEM Steering Wheel control . i will add a amp + sub so Pioneer HU will go direct to AMP and SUB at the back .

Plan B : Pioneer HU go straight to OEM Speaker ( to get better sound quality from OEM Speaker ) . Do i still need to buy cable number 3 from my shopping list ? Can i keep the steering wheel volume control if i connect this way as i can see you connect up your Car Computer Infill G4 in other thread and connect your speaker straight from there . If you manage to get it done what pin and cable i need to connect .

Thanks

.QD
21-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Mate,

Here's my setup. I will be installing a 7" all-in-one double din unit. What I currently have is the stock head-unit with the honda ipod adapter. I plan to keep all these so this is what I'm doing.

[Factory Cable]
|
|
\__[To new headunit]

I bought the following:

1 x Honda Double DIN Fascia kit
2 x Female Harness
2 x Male Harness
1 x 7" All-In-One Unit (awaiting arrival)

The above will allow me to retain the standard steering wheel controls with the above connections, connect the aftermarket stereo to the OEM speakers. I needed to order a pair of each harness because the harness you get from ebay is missing some pins, check EuroSteve's previous post.

If you are going to connect your new headunit to an amp then you will not need the speaker cables, you can then recycle those pins/cables for the steering wheel control.

Hope that helped?

dansanhdieu
21-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Mate,

Here's my setup. I will be installing a 7" all-in-one double din unit. What I currently have is the stock head-unit with the honda ipod adapter. I plan to keep all these so this is what I'm doing.

[Factory Cable]
|
|
\__[To new headunit]

I bought the following:

1 x Honda Double DIN Fascia kit
2 x Female Harness
2 x Male Harness
1 x 7" All-In-One Unit (awaiting arrival)

The above will allow me to retain the standard steering wheel controls with the above connections, connect the aftermarket stereo to the OEM speakers. I needed to order a pair of each harness because the harness you get from ebay is missing some pins, check EuroSteve's previous post.

If you are going to connect your new headunit to an amp then you will not need the speaker cables, you can then recycle those pins/cables for the steering wheel control.

Hope that helped?

Hi QD ,

I will connect 4 OEM speaker straight to my new headunits and sub output will go to Mono AMP to power the sub . I don't think my new Pioneer headunit have any wire for the volume control ? It only have power calbe ( black , red , yellow ) 8 calbe ( 4 pairs of speaker ) and a blue cable called System Remote control .

Not sure where to connect the follow pin from Honda . As far as i understand Steer wheel volume control only control the volume come out from OEM unit is that right ?

Thanks

dansanhdieu
11-08-2008, 04:32 PM

I am in the process of install my new Pioneer Double Din DVD System to the Euro . I did following this pins out number and connect following wire from my PIoneer

Yellow Cable ( Say Battery ) to 10 : +12V
Red Cable ( ACC ) to 2 : Ign / Switched +12V
Black ( Ground ) to 20 : Ground

When i hook up the new headunit power doesn't come up . if i took the cable out and hook it again to OEM Heahunit it working fine . What did i do wrong here ? Please help .

.QD
11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
so u have -----[car oem harness] --> [pioneeer] = no power?

but ------[car oem harness] ---> [stock stereo] = works fine?

dansanhdieu
11-08-2008, 06:31 PM
so u have -----[car oem harness] --> [pioneeer] = no power?

but ------[car oem harness] ---> [stock stereo] = works fine?

Problem solved . went to Jaycar to buy Voltage Meter to check the cable . I got the pins out number another way around .

I thought it was Red and Yellow i need to connect it to turn out to be White and Red on the OEM Harness .

By the way QD , did you manage to get Steering wheels volume control to work with new system ?

.QD
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
nah, steering wheel interface is not compatible with the Euro steering wheel. You can get an aftermarket interface though. I posted on another thread.

dansanhdieu
11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
nah, steering wheel interface is not compatible with the Euro steering wheel. You can get an aftermarket interface though. I posted on another thread.

QD , did you come through problem with Parking Brake Wire on the DVD Units ? I got this Green Cable called Parking Brake on my Pioneer DVD and not sure where to connect it to ? Did try to connect to Ground to bypass the brake sensor but unit have no power . When i connect with my old pioneer audio units all power up and work fine .

.QD
11-08-2008, 09:08 PM
QD , did you come through problem with Parking Brake Wire on the DVD Units ? I got this Green Cable called Parking Brake on my Pioneer DVD and not sure where to connect it to ? Did try to connect to Ground to bypass the brake sensor but unit have no power . When i connect with my old pioneer audio units all power up and work fine .

I got a yum-cha deck.. and the hand brake has a connector on the harness to the neg cable. So you can bypass the handbrake sensor and mine has GPS too, so I needed to bypass the handbrake sensor otherwise I wont be navigating anywhere :).

siknis
15-08-2008, 03:34 PM
sorry to drag up an old thread,

just bought the honda double din kit, has anybody got a wiring diagram for the AUX(BUS) cable that comes included in the kit. anyone used it?

has anyone also adapted steering controls to an aftermarket unit(what unit)
did you use somthing like a cat10 universal interface unit or found somthing else?

ill be using a alpine 502E double din

it would be much appreciated if anyone can help with some experience or suggestion :)

.QD
15-08-2008, 08:07 PM
I think ppl have been purchasing third-party AUX connectors to connect the after market HU to the stock HU, otherwise its a full setup, amp, new speakers and so on.

Im assuming you will output the Alpine to the stock HU, thats why your asking about the AUX?

This product works for CL9, so I've read on their site http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Steering&#37;20Wheel%20I nterface. Search for Alpine they have a few products.

davey
16-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I pulled apart the rear doors today to find that there is a cable for the door speakers... can anyone tell me if these wires can power speakers. If not where on the radio pins can i install outputs to these speakers...

reason for this is that i dont want to install an amp

siknis
17-08-2008, 10:01 AM
QD,
that was one particular module i was considering

all OEM speakers are being replaced as they dont cut it for me

i just want to know the pins for the aux cable, as it is capable of powering the aftermarket casset player at the least, use it to +ve -ve and acc+ve.

also,
when you say people are using aux adapters, are you saying people buy somthing like an MP3 module with rca imput then just conect the output from the new H/U to the aux of the module. how does this work through the factory h/u?

cheers

dansanhdieu
17-08-2008, 01:21 PM
QD,

i just want to know the pins for the aux cable, as it is capable of powering the aftermarket casset player at the least, use it to +ve -ve and acc+ve.

also,
when you say people are using aux adapters, are you saying people buy somthing like an MP3 module with rca imput then just conect the output from the new H/U to the aux of the module. how does this work through the factory h/u?

cheers

I was thinking about using the AUX Cable come with double din kits too when i first got the kit but can't find any info on the net later on i decide to buy the harness from ebay like EuroSteve did .

About the AUX Adapters people been buying it for ipod connection or audio output from aftermarket HU without changing or running new wires and new speaker . It will go to AUX Mode in your Stock Units and ipod will give playlist from 1-6 .

siknis
17-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I pulled apart the rear doors today to find that there is a cable for the door speakers... can anyone tell me if these wires can power speakers. If not where on the radio pins can i install outputs to these speakers...

reason for this is that i dont want to install an amp

those wires in there are not connected to anything, they run through the rubber boot between door and car, into a plug which is just behind the belt tensioner unit in the door pillar. there are pins into the plug, however the wires do not continue out the other end of the plug, you could go and find matching push in pins and run the wire from the plug if your fussy. or just run new wiring altogether, past the plug and into the door.

.QD
17-08-2008, 04:39 PM
QD,

also,

cheers

what is your new setup? alpine hu, new speakers, amp? will you still run the stock hu or not use it completely?

davey
18-08-2008, 05:53 PM
thanks for the response but if i run new wires it would mean that i need an amp and not run off the head unit

siknis Quote:
those wires in there are not connected to anything, they run through the rubber boot between door and car, into a plug which is just behind the belt tensioner unit in the door pillar. there are pins into the plug, however the wires do not continue out the other end of the plug, you could go and find matching push in pins and run the wire from the plug if your fussy. or just run new wiring altogether, past the plug and into the door.

siknis
25-08-2008, 09:05 PM
what is your new setup? alpine hu, new speakers, amp? will you still run the stock hu or not use it completely?

iva 502e in dash with HI-TV DTV tuner (good up to 130kmh) with the pac SWIJACK steering control unit

front speakers are focal 165v2, rear speakers are ecplise 6" coax in doors for a little bit of fill.

6x9's get chucked because all 6x9s are crap. theres serve as nice vent holes for,

eclipse sw8000 10" sub in custom fibreglass box on LHS boot

powerd by

1xpdx1.1000
1xpdx1.150

its not your average install lol :D

the stock headunit will be there for decoration only

siknis
25-08-2008, 09:06 PM
thanks for the response but if i run new wires it would mean that i need an amp and not run off the head unit

ditch the 6x9s then, use that to power rear doors and get a sub and amp for bass purposes

.QD
25-08-2008, 10:27 PM
the stock headunit will be there for decoration only

ah, sweet answers my question. full upgrade. you installing it yourself? the pac steering wheel interface will will be good then, you know where your sourcing that yet?

as for me, im gonna make my 7" all-in-one unit pass-through aux connector, which will do ipod and aftermarket hu. this allows me to control the volume via the steering wheel. happy with stock speakers, not a fan of full upgrades these day with amp/sub and all that. so it will be like:

7" all-in-one output----> (aux/ipod connector) ----> stock deck ----> speakers.

will hook up 7" unit to a pair of 7" headrests too in the near future.

you need a harness connector for your install? i got a harness connector i could sell ya if ya interested :)

rayd
22-11-2009, 11:28 AM
hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread

im planning to buy a yumcha double din deck ,

this one actually:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190350291099&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7750wt_941

it says that it can support steering wheel controls.

but i was wondering how they would be connected up to the honda controls if the only connection bettween the double din unit and the OEM unit is the AUX adaptor, which only takes the RCA in???

is there a way to tap into the steering wheel controls?
~Ray

EuroSteve
22-11-2009, 11:57 AM
hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread

im planning to buy a yumcha double din deck ,

this one actually:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190350291099&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7750wt_941

it says that it can support steering wheel controls.

but i was wondering how they would be connected up to the honda controls if the only connection bettween the double din unit and the OEM unit is the AUX adaptor, which only takes the RCA in???

is there a way to tap into the steering wheel controls?
~Ray

There is, pin 11 on the connector going into the back of the OEM HU. You'll need to cut it and connect it directly to your Yumcha (otherwise the steering wheel controls will control both units ;-).

HTH

-Steve

rayd
22-11-2009, 12:07 PM
There is, pin 11 on the connector going into the back of the OEM HU. You'll need to cut it and connect it directly to your Yumcha (otherwise the steering wheel controls will control both units ;-).

HTH

-Steve

ok, but then wont that kill the volume function coz the volume is running through the OEM .... if i do splice into pin 11, and keep both connected will both work? and will the OEM dash buttons also run through pin 11?? Have you tried this?

~Ray

EuroSteve
22-11-2009, 12:29 PM
ok, but then wont that kill the volume function coz the volume is running through the OEM .... if i do splice into pin 11, and keep both connected will both work? and will the OEM dash buttons also run through pin 11?? Have you tried this?

~Ray

Ahh ok, I was assuming you were replacing the OEM HU functions with the yumcha.

Splicing in to pin 11 (brown) might work. See below:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/557/steeringwheelcontrols.jpg

Removed wrong advice...

Let me try that again (I had a big night last night)...
The BRN wire is tied to ground, so the voltage drop must be read from the GRN/RED wire. (It's been a while since I installed my G4, so I can't remember which color wire I used, but it must have been the GRN/RED wire).

It's really one of those "try at your own risk" things, but theoretically, it should work.

-Steve

PS. The yumcha HU (like my G4) will need to be "trained" to map buttons to functions.

.QD
22-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I got a yum-cha and I couldn't train mine.

Steve, as if you G4 is a yum-cha... it's like $3500+??

EuroSteve
22-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I got a yum-cha and I couldn't train mine.

Steve, as if you G4 is a yum-cha... it's like $3500+??

LOL, I was just saying he would need to train his unit, similarly to how I had to train mine ;-P

I continue to be impressed by how cheap those yum-cha's are nowadays, if I had my time again, I probably wouldn't have dropped the $$ on the G4 (luckily I paid no were near $3500, but still alot more than a yum-cha)

-Steve

rayd
22-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Ahh ok, I was assuming you were replacing the OEM HU functions with the yumcha.

Splicing in to pin 11 (brown) might work. See below:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/557/steeringwheelcontrols.jpg

Removed wrong advice...

Let me try that again (I had a big night last night)...
The BRN wire is tied to ground, so the voltage drop must be read from the GRN/RED wire. (It's been a while since I installed my G4, so I can't remember which color wire I used, but it must have been the GRN/RED wire).

It's really one of those "try at your own risk" things, but theoretically, it should work.

-Steve

PS. The yumcha HU (like my G4) will need to be "trained" to map buttons to functions.

wow, ok thanks alot of the help! that could work...

seeing as the unit will need to be "Trained" anyway ... i might as well splice into the brown , the unit will have to lean the new voltage drop signals anyway....

thanks,
~Ray

BraXta
23-11-2009, 06:06 PM
noone happens to know what the wire connections are for the Aux plug located below the stereo =P

biee2
26-12-2009, 07:53 PM
i need to connect a yellow battery line from me aftermarket head unit.....do i cannect this to pin 10?

blk05gli
06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
some pics i took today installing my 7" head unit before i blew some fuse that i cannot find....

anyway, enjoy:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pranol/pics/euro/1.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~pranol/pics/euro/2.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~pranol/pics/euro/3.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~pranol/pics/euro/4.jpg

cheers

myeuro-05
20-11-2011, 03:48 PM
hi guys i have been trying to install my dvd player but i dont know wich one is the power ,the ground and the Ign/Switched +12V if some one can help me wich one what color they are i'll be very thankfull
tanx

-[NoS]-
07-01-2012, 07:28 AM
can i install the new double din HU without taking the stock unit out?

can i reach this from the space where the chubby hole use to be?
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3817/32800760.jpg
borrowing your pic bro... hope you dont mind :D

also would like to know which harness you purchased??? what were the key words you searched on ebay...

Butso
13-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Metra 70-1721 (Female end - looks like back of radio)
Metra 71-1721 (Male end - looks like the blue plug circled above)

hacker_82
21-09-2012, 07:17 AM
I had bought a aftermarket GPS media player to my accord euro... As I know it actually for Accord especially Left Hand Drive... Everything is working fine, but the problem is I can not turn off my air conditioning! The button is not working :(.... Anyone know what wire I should look to?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc71/suren_82/IMG_1029.jpg

blk05gli
30-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I had bought a aftermarket GPS media player to my accord euro... As I know it actually for Accord especially Left Hand Drive... Everything is working fine, but the problem is I can not turn off my air conditioning! The button is not working :(.... Anyone know what wire I should look to?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc71/suren_82/IMG_1029.jpg

have you sorted this out?

blk05gli
30-01-2013, 10:25 PM
-;3202338']can i install the new double din HU without taking the stock unit out?

can i reach this from the space where the chubby hole use to be?
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3817/32800760.jpg
borrowing your pic bro... hope you dont mind :D

also would like to know which harness you purchased??? what were the key words you searched on ebay...

no probs about the pic. The existing head unit needs to come out mate, as there is just no space there to pull out the main connector as honda built 5mm of play in the cable thanks to cable clamps and ties etc.

camspeld
01-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Does anyone have a DIY guide of how to make a T-harness using the Metra 70-1720 and Metra 70-1721?
and then connecting it to the aftermarket harness?
It would be very much appreciated.