PDA

View Full Version : Leaking!

ENVSSS
03-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I have noticed this problem occurring quite frequently lately. When ever my car is parked outside in heavy rain on my driveway which has a slight incline, I wake to find an inch of water in either of the rear foot wells. I have concluded that it is leaking from the lower front door seals and running under the front seat into the foot well. At first I just though I had left a window down but it is happening a lot and there is no other area of the vehicle wet.

Anyone else experienced this? I am seriously doubting Honda's build quality, this is my first one and it is bar far not the first problem I have had with it. I have owned other vehicles before, never any problems.

tony1234
03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I have noticed this problem occurring quite frequently lately. When ever my car is parked outside in heavy rain on my driveway which has a slight incline, I wake to find an inch of water in either of the rear foot wells. I have concluded that it is leaking from the lower front door seals and running under the front seat into the foot well. At first I just though I had left a window down but it is happening a lot and there is no other area of the vehicle wet.

Anyone else experienced this? I am seriously doubting Honda's build quality, this is my first one and it is bar far not the first problem I have had with it. I have owned other vehicles before, never any problems.
Could be leaking from the sunroof.Maybe the drain hoses from the sunroof are blocked with dirt.

power_of_dreams
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah when I go to wash my car, I often find water gets in to the rear sidesills. Definately not as bad as in the footwells themselves, but still..

ENVSSS
03-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Could be leaking from the sunroof.Maybe the drain hoses from the sunroof are blocked with dirt.

Where are these drain hoses? It is leaking through the bottom seal of the front doors. When I open the door I can see where the water has come through and ran under the front seat then into the rear foot well. Very strange...

tony1234
03-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Where are these drain hoses? It is leaking through the bottom seal of the front doors. When I open the door I can see where the water has come through and ran under the front seat then into the rear foot well. Very strange...
Hmmm.i think they're at the front of the sunroof.

blk05gli
04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
try placing some tissue paper in the following places:
under the front doors where it meets the sill
under the front seats
under the rear doors where it meets the sill
on the rear foot wells obliviously.

the next morning, the tissue that is crumpled will give you an idea of where the water came from. Also, you said that your driveway has a slight incline, try reverse parking your car and see if the front footwells get wet?