PDA

View Full Version : eg3: what can be done?

n.ltd
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
repeat the title. lols

so yeah, what can be done to a twin carb?

simonnowis
03-02-2008, 02:44 PM
what do you mean what can be done?? alittle more specific?
with money anything can be done.
if you mean what can be done with the stock carby engine, well not much.

n.ltd
03-02-2008, 02:50 PM
haha , yeah. with the stock twin carby... sux aye!

MM89
03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
There's many things that can be done. Assuming that everything's stock, replacing sussy and wheels and tyres would be something good to start with. You'll be driving more confidently around corners with improved steering response etc.

if you're after more power, then easiest way would probably be to do an engine transplant? From memory, the Breeze is around 50kw? Changing to something like a B16a or B18c would give well over double your current power.

DNT-CRY
04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
There's many things that can be done. Assuming that everything's stock, replacing sussy and wheels and tyres would be something good to start with. You'll be driving more confidently around corners with improved steering response etc.

if you're after more power, then easiest way would probably be to do an engine transplant? From memory, the Breeze is around 50kw? Changing to something like a B16a or B18c would give well over double your current power.

thats true but for now can u can do obvperformance wise, exhuast if u want, pod filter if u want, extractors those are the like basic for carby but if u are after more performance then b16a or b18c would be ideal but be prepared for the cost plus labour unless u already saved up then go for it!

hayashi_1986
04-02-2008, 05:18 PM
thats true but for now can u can do obvperformance wise, exhuast if u want, pod filter if u want, extractors those are the like basic for carby but if u are after more performance then b16a or b18c would be ideal but be prepared for the cost plus labour unless u already saved up then go for it!

I use to have that engine in my current shell. Can't put a pod filter on a carby engine...without a bit of hassle and virtually no gains (small enough on an EFi engine lol). Extractors are pointless as well, so no, I don't think they're basic at all on a carby like the D13B...just unnecessary lol. BUT, for what it's worth, a B16A would be your best option for decent gain. The Breeze's are a bit lighter than your typical VTi or GLi as well.

cvicek
04-02-2008, 10:24 PM
i think carby engine makes a bit more different in the air intake compare toe EFI engine

got a mate with eg3, he basically took the filter and the lid off the carby and take it for a drive, there is a lot more power gain if compare to efi engine...

95civic
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
different carbies :)

n.ltd
04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
i think carby engine makes a bit more different in the air intake compare toe EFI engine

got a mate with eg3, he basically took the filter and the lid off the carby and take it for a drive, there is a lot more power gain if compare to efi engine...

hmm .. LOL.. having ideas..