PDA

View Full Version : DC5S Security System

bungie77
03-02-2008, 07:08 PM
My insurance company sent me a letter with my receipt etc and it said I had to have an Australian Standard immobiliser fitted to be covered against theft and attempted theft. Surely the car came with an immobiliser (it even says so on a sticker on the window)... Does anyone know anything about this? Surely I don't have to go to the effort of fitting an aftermarket immobiliser.

dc4t
03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
i think theyre talking crap.. ive never heard of that problem with any car ive insured.. it does have an immobiliser from factory, and of course its australian standard if the car was sold over here :S..

bungie77
03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
that's what I'm thinking. perhaps it's just a warning "if you don't have one fitted already then you'd better get one". I don't know - but its got the security system fitted warning sticker on the window and yeah its all from factory etc.

Dr.k20z1
03-02-2008, 09:47 PM
haha yeah we got like a alarm aswell.. leave ur windows open.. lock ur car.. come back in 10 mins.. pull the lock up. and prepare for a scare hahahha.. the horn will go off.. so yeah.. immobilisor + alarm :D just no shock sensor

well hope i helped :D

Tofu
04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
haha yeah we got like a alarm aswell.. leave ur windows open.. lock ur car.. come back in 10 mins.. pull the lock up. and prepare for a scare hahahha.. the horn will go off.. so yeah.. immobilisor + alarm :D just no shock sensor

lol sounds like you've tried this...

Mattski_VTIR
05-02-2008, 11:32 AM

hehe i was told by an SQ judge that my car didn't have an alarm (despite the sticker on the door) They made me test it! Was funny when it went off, they were all like "ohh it does have one :eek:" On Topic, some places will bring down your insurance premium if u have a 3 point immobilizer etc!

Dr.k20z1
05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
lol sounds like you've tried this...

hahaha yeahh!

we got a fair few type s's up ere in brissy ay we shud organise a meet up.. i wanna see everyones rides.. :D

Mattski_VTIR
05-02-2008, 03:19 PM
hahaha yeahh!

we got a fair few type s's up ere in brissy ay we shud organise a meet up.. i wanna see everyones rides.. :D

I'm sure if u were interested in starting something u can start a thread! Three are some nicely' modd'd Type S's getting around these days

dc4t
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
only if mine wasnt stock :(... lol

bungie77
05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
same here lol :P

Dr.k20z1
05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
i am interested but im just shit at organising.. im probly the youngest one here driving a type s! lol

DC5TYPER
05-02-2008, 11:28 PM
My insurance company sent me a letter with my receipt etc and it said I had to have an Australian Standard immobiliser fitted to be covered against theft and attempted theft. Surely the car came with an immobiliser (it even says so on a sticker on the window)... Does anyone know anything about this? Surely I don't have to go to the effort of fitting an aftermarket immobiliser.

Insurance Company like Just Car have this written in the policy receipt.

Australian Standards Minimum is:

2 Point Immobilisation
Black Wiring
Most cases a Glass Break Sensor as well

Stock DC5 has a Alarm but a very basic and is not insurance approved.

bungie77
06-02-2008, 12:27 AM
i am interested but im just shit at organising.. im probly the youngest one here driving a type s! lol
I dunno dude I'd give you a run for your money lol born 1989.. :p

Stock DC5 has a Alarm but a very basic and is not insurance approved.
DC5TYPER thanks for your reply :) so are you saying I should follow up on buying an alarm system now? Perhaps I will ring insurance company tomorrow. Was hoping I wouldn't have to do this :(

Dr.k20z1
06-02-2008, 01:00 AM
HAHAHAHAH i win man.. born 1990

bungie77
06-02-2008, 01:03 AM
I see. Where abouts in Brisbane are you? I've seen a young guy driving around in a gunmetal Type S around west Bris / Ipswich... I think it even had P plates on from memory :D

Dr.k20z1
06-02-2008, 01:29 AM
thats me