PDA

View Full Version : twin carb to d15/d16

n.ltd
03-02-2008, 11:09 PM
hey guys,

after buying a complete motor, what else is required,

say if the car was auto.

i can list

motor, gearbox, block, head, intake manifold, dizzy?

anything else? changing cables,wires? since the twin carb ones are crap?

dupac->
03-02-2008, 11:16 PM
ecu wire loom.

shift linkage.

pedals for clutch lol

thats off the top of my head

n.ltd
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
cheers, anyone else with input?

ECU-MAN
04-02-2008, 03:18 PM
fuel lines, fuel tank, carbon canister, fuel pump,

fatboyz39
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM
gearbox, clutch and master cylinder, ecu and the list goes on. LOL

teh_mechanic
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
not economical project to do.your talking about thousands of dollars.cheaper to go buy an efi civic

dAzLr
04-02-2008, 07:51 PM
depends man i got my carby eg cheap an i recon ive worked it out to be cheaper to convert it to efi that actualy having an efi, ive brought all the parts now i just need to put it in hopefully this w/e :D

not economical project to do.your talking about thousands of dollars.cheaper to go buy an efi civic

dAzLr
04-02-2008, 07:54 PM
also if u only get efi gli wiring u'll have to run wires for the vtec solenoid :p

teh_mechanic
05-02-2008, 05:05 PM
i guess im just biased,i still have a love hate relationship with my car,love the car overall,hate the memories of putting the efi wiring loom in behind the dash when i did my conversion,pretty tedious job.

if you can get a !cheap! carby civic and do the work yourself then maybe you can come out a couple of hundred dollars on the savings side.but really all the work you do i didnt feel was worth it

SeverAMV
06-02-2008, 09:55 AM
if you already have a carby d series motor in there, you wont need a new gearbox. unless yours is seriously worn out, or you're swapping to a box with an lsd, theres not much point to getting a new gearbox as most of the d series boxes are made of the same strength from what i've heard, aside from the lsd box.

other option is you could just play around with the carbs like me and fit a pair of dcoe carbs. if you follow this route, you may find it to be a little cheaper than a b16a swap and you'll make the same, if not better power if you tune everything right. d-series and onecamonly can help you on this route.