PDA

View Full Version : CTR vs. ITR

zco
24-08-2004, 09:44 PM
hey ppls.. i dont actually know much about CTR's or ITR's .. can someone help me.. i just wanna know some specs on both cars..which car in ur opinion is better and why..and the differences in the engines of both cars.. which car is better at handling and straight line drag.. some opinions from ek9 or ITR owners would help thanks :)

type one
24-08-2004, 10:08 PM
handling? straight line drag?

answer: 1.6 vs 1.8 (in stock form on track ITR would win hands down straight line and point to point ceteris paribus)

as for the specs - internet baby :)

joneblaze
24-08-2004, 10:22 PM
*agrees*
There are countless threads filled with information regarding the two models. Don't be lazy, do a SEARCH and read for yourself. It's better to sift through information than have a few decent replies here (and waste ppl's time) and a half dozen half baked posts from people who don't know.

wynode
24-08-2004, 10:25 PM
handling? straight line drag?

answer: 1.6 vs 1.8 (in stock form on track ITR would win hands down straight line and point to point ceteris paribus)

as for the specs - internet baby :)
Why would the ITR win hands down? Is that just because it has an extra 200cc?

Da1nONLY
25-08-2004, 12:05 AM
http://sohc.vtec.net/video/ctr/civicr-09.avi

Perry
25-08-2004, 12:54 AM
on a striaght i think the itr will win by a bit, but on turns i think ctr will handle way better then itr because of the weight difference between the 2 models

VTEC16
25-08-2004, 02:35 AM
on a striaght i think the itr will win by a bit, but on turns i think ctr will handle way better then itr because of the weight difference between the 2 models

and what is the weight difference that would make the civic handle way better???

EK9
25-08-2004, 02:43 AM
ITR will beat CTR in straight line cos it has 200c more, more torque, and not that much heavier... also i've driven both, u can feel the power in an ITR.

ITR handles better than CTR too... suspension is harder, car is very well balanced, and ppl wouldn't call it "world's best handling front wheel drive car" for no reason ;) oh, and i've had both cars in my family so i'm speaking from experience... and maybe my EK9's suspension is whacked out, but it's more driveable daily then the DC2R is. plus, if i could get the ITR's kind of handling in my CTR, then everything will be perfect :D

yup, search is ur friend... this is one of them widely discussed topics around, even here on ozhonda.

Da1nONLY
25-08-2004, 08:20 AM
ErRrr
yeah what IS the weight difference?
the ITR is around 1080Kg....
i think the CTR is around the same as well.. =)

type one
25-08-2004, 09:12 AM

i disagree.... and did everyone miss my "ceteris paribus" all things being equal throw away comment??

the diff in the weight in my mind.. in stock form is negligible... what track are we racing on?? let's get GT3 out and try it LOL....

and in a straight line the ITR would kick the CTR's ass... c'mon ... torque factor alone - the 1.6 is revvy but low down has little guts... if u don't keep it in vtec like a master then whoosh ITR has passed you in the corner... can't see the CTR point to point faster on PI or Winton or wherever...

eknine
25-08-2004, 09:47 AM
did everyone miss my "ceteris paribus" all things being equal throw away comment??

no..i did not miss it :D Infact i have to agree with type-one.

since we are discussing CTR vs ITR and both being in the same b-series family. lets see it this way, honda does not make one variant or model more powerful than the other, in fact the price is a reflection of performance.

in that sense if we starts talking abt a modded car, its only fair to say that the one who can write a bigger cheque would probably have it hands down :)
by that IMHO, i still view that by comparing a hybrid to a modded by stock configued vehicle is like comparing apples to oranges-> esp if there is a difference in displacement.

zco
25-08-2004, 10:02 AM
i have searched on ozhonda.. but only found vtir vs CTR.. so yeh..

EK4
25-08-2004, 10:31 AM
An AWESOME dvd to get is...

BEST MOTORING - TYPE R Legend
[NSX-R, Integra Type R (DC2R) & Civic Type R (EK9)]

They have a DC2R vs EK9 battle, the Spoon DC2R, Concept s2000 (b4 it came out) and heaps more... This will answer ALL your questions!!!

My mate got it from Autobarn last week
and i think they can order it in if they dont have it.

Da1nONLY
25-08-2004, 11:46 AM
great! :)
hw about you borrow it..
burn it and pass it around? :D

SPEEDCORE
25-08-2004, 12:11 PM
i have searched on ozhonda.. but only found vtir vs CTR.. so yeh..

LOL dude...... if you limit yourself to searching ozhonda of course you are not going to get all of the info you want.

Add to that we are only a year old.... the wealth of knowledge is not that vast.

Search engines are your friends!

Perry
25-08-2004, 12:45 PM
if we are talking about stock then im wrong then!!!!

im sure we talk about this topic not longer as well about ctr and itr

EK4
25-08-2004, 01:16 PM
great! :)
hw about you borrow it..
burn it and pass it around? :D
lol... i think i would get in a bit of trouble if i did that.
it's around the $25 mark though :)

type one
25-08-2004, 01:22 PM
hahha i got a burnt copy at home :)

Morkz
25-08-2004, 01:31 PM
should get the new best motoring - vtec club. ep3 vs dc5 vs accord type r. funny stuff

wynode
25-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Keep it on track and not to do with DVDs thanks

MRJDM
25-08-2004, 10:45 PM
i got a video of the ITR vs CTR. the ITR comes out on top. the ITR just has too much torque and pulls away from the CTR after the corners but the CTR is way better under brakes and pulls right back on the ITR

EK9
25-08-2004, 11:12 PM
yeah i think both have equally good brakes... the front and rear rotors on the ctr look huge compared to the itr! or maybe it's just me :D

SiR JDM
26-08-2004, 09:09 AM
I think on a track with a slight incline the ITR would prevail no doubt, but on a slight decline, i think it would be a very even race... Ive read stats of the CTR track version weighing as little at 700kg (7xx kg anyway) ... that type of weight on a down hill will be very hard to compete with, even for a ITR...

Also (correct me if im wrong cuz i probably will be) i think it important to take into consideration the ADM and JDM ITR, from what ive heard there is quite a difference in performance between the two.

All in all, they're both type Rs ... R being for race (right guys? :D) so they're obviously bred for racing purposes, just they have different purposes.. Honda is not going to make two typeRs for exactly the same purpose =)

my 2 cents anyway

SPEEDCORE
26-08-2004, 09:34 AM
You statement is funny Sir JDM. :D

Ummmmm for there to be a decline on the track there is gonna have to be an incline too! Am I making sense?? So in reality the ITR would stil have an advantage again cause it would flex its muscle on the incline against the CTR.

However in saying this.......(you do have a valid point) the actual gradient of the inclines and declines could have a bearing on this...... ie. there could be a huge dip in one section of the track and the rest of the track rises really gradually as opposed to a steep incline..... this would help the CTR in a battle against the ITR. Another thing to consider is the gearing of the CTR on some tracks with decent sized inclines can dramatically effect it..... namely 3rd gear and up...

Man getting a CTR to the 7xx kg mark seems a bit off dude! That is a 300 kg drop!

Perry
26-08-2004, 12:38 PM
sorry for changing the topic has any1 came across a dvd that showed a worked up AMUSE s2000 v B20B EK9 on a 3 lap race, the EK9 killed the s2000

carbine
26-08-2004, 01:31 PM
No, Tsuchiya owned the noob s2000 driver.

Morkz
26-08-2004, 01:53 PM
it is sort of on track, if you watch the dvd shows the civic brakes and accelerates beter then the integra. But this race was also in the wet.

sorry for changing the topic has any1 came across a dvd that showed a worked up AMUSE s2000 v B20B EK9 on a 3 lap race, the EK9 killed the s2000

i think that was in best motoring 350z shock.

LatinoHatchCrap
26-08-2004, 02:05 PM
The driver is the biggest factor...both cars are different in several ways but similar in many others.

SPEEDCORE
26-08-2004, 03:37 PM
No, Tsuchiya owned the noob s2000 driver.

So Orido is a noob? :rolleyes:

I know which video you guys make reference to.... and think that it sort of proves my theory with regard to short or long uphills and the CTR. There is an uphill section which is quite steep but short lived.... there is a far greater amount of track where it is downhill. You see the difference in the CTR in this downhill section where Tsuchia can literally shift into 4th and continue to accel through the turn... where the S2000 needed to back off a bit. The last lap is a good indicator of this where things almost go horribly wrong for Orido in the S2000 and shows, like Latino said.. the differences in the cars.

We have to take into consideration with this CTR is that it IS a 2 litre. So the probs with torque have been resolved somewhat, but we can see the handeling characteristics of CTR on that sort of track compared to the others.

I am pretty sure that if you go back and have a look that the S2000 is actually faster than the CTR...... but consistancy rewards drivers with many blessings! ;)

SiR JDM
26-08-2004, 04:35 PM
You statement is funny Sir JDM. :D

Ummmmm for there to be a decline on the track there is gonna have to be an incline too! Am I making sense?? So in reality the ITR would stil have an advantage again cause it would flex its muscle on the incline against the CTR.

However in saying this.......(you do have a valid point) the actual gradient of the inclines and declines could have a bearing on this...... ie. there could be a huge dip in one section of the track and the rest of the track rises really gradually as opposed to a steep incline..... this would help the CTR in a battle against the ITR. Another thing to consider is the gearing of the CTR on some tracks with decent sized inclines can dramatically effect it..... namely 3rd gear and up...

Man getting a CTR to the 7xx kg mark seems a bit off dude! That is a 300 kg drop!

I understand what your saying bout the incline/decline but i was refering to a situation such as the TOUGE, which isn't a circuit track and has an uphill/downhill track. But yea like you said on a circuit it does have to come backdown if there is an incline and in that situatoin yes, the gradient and % of the track that is inclined/declined does come into play.

The 7xx kg mark im sure i read it somewhere... From what else ive read, stock CTR is 950ish KG, so to get to high 7xxkgs shouldn't be too hard i dont think. CF Bonnet, Light weight rims, stripped interior ?
Anyway im just saying what i read :D

EK9
26-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Stock CTR isn't 950kg! Way too light! It ranges from 1030-40 to about 1070 which is with all the options, power everything, air con, etc... Did u guys know there was a CTR no options out-of-box racer version with steelies??? hehehe...

Yeah, that video was 2L VTEC Challenge: Esprit B20B CTR vs Amuse S2000 vs H22A Phase Accord Euro R. CTR won cos it started ahead of S2000 and kept the lead, was only a 3 lap race... and S2000 had the fastest lap time. But yeah, that CTR was a beast...

I got the video, will try to find the link for ya... uh is this off topic? Sorry ;)

SiR JDM
27-08-2004, 09:20 AM
lol ohk, i guess ive been reading some wrong shit then.. >_<

pgclee
29-08-2004, 03:35 PM
it all depends on the driver...i think....

Perry
30-08-2004, 12:36 AM
it is sort of on track, if you watch the dvd shows the civic brakes and accelerates beter then the integra. But this race was also in the wet.

i think that was in best motoring 350z shock.

yeah i think that was the 1, but they didnt really showed wat moods was done to the ek ?