PDA

View Full Version : Coil Over Or Suspension

cuongn
04-02-2008, 06:36 PM
just wondering wat would be best, coil over for 20 inch rims or kingsprings suspension, and where can i get some coil overs, for a 04 euro,
would it be suitable for 20's

r-r-redEuro
04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
coilovers are pretty much suspensions. Springs are different.

curik
04-02-2008, 09:24 PM
If you could wait till July I will be selling my koni shocks and eibach springs combo. The ride on kingsprings and 20s will shatter your spine into pieces and your teeth will buckle like a bucktooth. Get a coilover or springs & shocks combo and your girl's butt will stay firm.

Pumped
05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
If you could wait till July I will be selling my koni shocks and eibach springs combo. The ride on kingsprings and 20s will shatter your spine into pieces and your teeth will buckle like a bucktooth. Get a coilover or springs & shocks combo and your girl's butt will stay firm.

lol.

Ive driven my car with multiple suspension setups on 19 inch wheels 35 tyres,
King springs have been one of the more comfortable options. Not the best handling option but there definately not what id call "harsh"
the drop available with king springs on the euro isnt very much though so if your looking for LOW your better off with coilovers

johnni3
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
I only dropped my euro approx 25mm with 19 wheel + 35 tyre also.

I had king springs on at first then switched to pedders. Pedders were a bit smoother imo without spending more $$

curik
05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
lol.

Ive driven my car with multiple suspension setups on 19 inch wheels 35 tyres,
King springs have been one of the more comfortable options. Not the best handling option but there definately not what id call "harsh"
the drop available with king springs on the euro isnt very much though so if your looking for LOW your better off with coilovers

Your butt must be made of silicon carbide to be able to say king springs are comfortable. JK :D. Anyway I agree that springs are much cheaper, but in the long run a coilover will be more beneficial (running springs only will eventually sag your stock shocks which ruins handling). Just find some 2nd ones and I'm sure you can get a set for a decent price.

CB7_OWNER
24-03-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82392&highlight=eibach

that guy is selling his combo

aaronng
24-03-2008, 08:18 PM
If you are lowering by only 1-1.5", then springs are alright. Any lower, I'd get a spring + shock like Eibach + Bilstein/Koni or coilovers.

With springs, you're stuck with one height. With coilovers, you can adjust the height to a variety of levels to suit what you want.

trism
24-03-2008, 08:27 PM
coilover or suspension

rofls.

anything that connects the wheels to the body via a method that "suspends" and absorbs shocks is called suspension.

you mean "coilovers" or "kingsprings"

power_of_dreams
24-03-2008, 08:32 PM
anybody know a good shock setup for use with s-tech?

r-r-redEuro
24-03-2008, 09:44 PM
coilover or suspension

rofls.

anything that connects the wheels to the body via a method that "suspends" and absorbs shocks is called suspension.

you mean "coilovers" or "kingsprings"

kingsprings is a brand, just called springs

trism
24-03-2008, 10:27 PM
kingsprings is a brand, just called springs

lol i know that. but he reffered to king springs ;)

BiLL|z0r
25-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Get coilovers and do it properly the first time.
This way if your 20's scrape a little you can raise it a few mm. Coilovers are more comfortable too. Why ruin an expensive nice car with cheap saggy springs.

Merlin086
25-03-2008, 05:49 PM
anybody know a good shock setup for use with s-tech?

I had a set of s-tech ready to install, and the best match for me was Koni yellows, but after pricing them & 1K+, I sold the s-tech and installed tein ss coilovers for under $1500 all up.

At least now I have height + damping adjustment....:thumbsup:

curik
26-03-2008, 01:17 AM
I'll be selling my Koni yellow shocks + eibach springs in July, so be ready to pick up a bargain. :p

Merlin086
26-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll be selling my Koni yellow shocks + eibach springs in July, so be ready to pick up a bargain. :p

Haha...spoken a true salesman.....lol

Mike Star
27-03-2008, 07:33 AM
On the USA forums like TSXClub and Acurazine they often mention "A Spec" suspension that gives improved handling with just a small drop as well.
Does anyone know if that "A Spec" set up is available here either thru Honda or elsewhere?
Thanks

snYpz
27-03-2008, 08:45 AM
On the USA forums like TSXClub and Acurazine they often mention "A Spec" suspension that gives improved handling with just a small drop as well.
Does anyone know if that "A Spec" set up is available here either thru Honda or elsewhere?
Thanks

The only person on Ozhonda that i know to have the A-spec setup was Yfin. I think it drops the car by roughly 25-30mm. Im pretty sure he had to ship it over from overseas.
If i were u, i'd just get myself a nice set of adjustable coilovers like Tein SS which is adjustable so u can play around with the settings according to your preferences. Cost wise plus shipping etc, i would imagine it to be roughly the same :D

curik
28-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Get them second hand! That will save you quite a lot of cash

aaronng
28-03-2008, 12:23 PM
The only person on Ozhonda that i know to have the A-spec setup was Yfin. I think it drops the car by roughly 25-30mm. Im pretty sure he had to ship it over from overseas.
If i were u, i'd just get myself a nice set of adjustable coilovers like Tein SS which is adjustable so u can play around with the settings according to your preferences. Cost wise plus shipping etc, i would imagine it to be roughly the same :D

Yfin had Honda A-spec. Not Acura A-spec. There were slight differences I think.

overl0ad
29-03-2008, 08:54 PM
coil overs = coil over the dampers.

simply put, smaller cars run coils, with dampers seperate to each other. i.e Honda Jazz.

For your case, it really depends on what sort of ride you wish to achieve. If you are not going to lower the car much, regular lowered springs (Pedders, King) will do.

With aftermarket adjustable coilovers, you get the benefit of adjusting to your preferred height and damping force. As well as reducing a blow out of the OEM shocks.

:)