PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem!!!!!

shauntee
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
when i engage the clutch i cant change gears.. does that mean the clutch is gone?? or might there be some other problem with it.. i really need a solution badly as the car cant move.. thanks

aaronng
06-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Not really 100% the clutch's fault. Check your clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and resevoir first.

jords
06-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Any feel in the pedal?

wuism
06-02-2008, 04:05 PM
yeh, could be leaky clutch line, check if there is fluid

teh_mechanic
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
check that you still have pedal feel,if not then you need to look at your hydraulic system.....master cylinder,lines and slave cylinder.the pedal will feel very light if you have a leak in your lines or cylinders

if the pedal still feels the same,press the clutch in and out get someone to look at the gearbox to see if the slave cylinder is pushing on the clutch fork at the gearbox,if this is moving back and forth when you push your pedal in and out then everything in your system is good up to there,so your next move is to take the gearbox out and see why the clutch isnt working properly

shauntee
06-02-2008, 05:08 PM
i drive a dc2 and if im not mistaken the clutch fluid is the small round cap on the left top side of the engine bay.. if thats the correct one then its empty.
As for the feel in the pedal.. the pedal is very light at the start and it gets heavier towards the end but i still cant physically engage the gears.. it will engage if the car is off though

A-man
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
yeh thats probly y then unless ur goin to try run pnuematic clutch pedals :P

u need to keep on top of ur cars maintanence if not u then someone else...

what if that was ur brakes???? u couldve killed someone

shauntee
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
thanks for the advice but i just serviced the car a while back thats why i was pretty shocked that it was empty.. could that mean that it is leaking??

xntrik
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
^
where else can the fluid go D:

Nato
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM
i had this EXACT same problem with my DC4 on tuesday. Just needed to add DOT4 brake fluid to the reservoir.

Find you're slave cylinder (just near the headers), take the plastic 'nub' off the end and loosen the 8mm bolt a little bit (Until fluid comes out)

Then add fluid to the reservoir and pump away. Alternatively, just bleed the system.

Hope this helps

aaronng
07-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Like Nato said, refill and bleed your clutch system. Then monitor the level in the resevoir regularly to see how quick it goes down and detect leaks.

A-man
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
yeh check the lines coz brake fluid sucks ass

LiL FiLo
07-02-2008, 11:48 PM
keep ure fluids topped up, and make sure the fluid is clean aswell. tighten ure lines where it comes off the master cylinder and on the slave... check your bleed valve, someone might have not tightened it up last time they drained you clutch fluid