PDA

View Full Version : Looking at bringing a Civic from NSW to Qld : modplate/ engineering qs.s

rizzi
06-02-2008, 06:48 PM
hey fellas - I may become the owner of a 99' EK Gli (sedan) very soon. It's got a B16A2 engine conversion in it and based in NSW. Now the owner has advised that he got a blue slip for it (for when he did the conversion took it to the workshop , got the brakes checked , it was driven etc and then he got the slip and had it updated officially).. Now I assume thats called engineering / mod plating? as the owner wasn't sure himself really.

Thought I'd ask here , because I'm fairly keen on the car has 180,000 on the chassis and about 120,000 on the engine, pretty well kept but the dilemma of the conversion.. and if I would have any trouble in Brisbane .. hmm

90LAN
06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
get his eng no and vin no to check
u will have to ring up qld transport to check this info
to see if u can rego
u will then need to get rwc and blue mod plate up here depending what he done to car so u can register the car
but do your checks 1st
stolen car, money oweing, stolen engine, rwor car etc ....

~Sp33~
17-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I brought my civic from NSW to QLD. It had an engine swap, i had my engine mod plated up here and it then has to pass a road worthy inspection before changing the registration to QLD.

Centurius
22-02-2008, 12:44 PM
EK's were available with a B16 weren't they? you might find it's easier to reg than you think...

http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/safety/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engines_3Feb2006.pdf