PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 grafton Hill climb (new video's up now29/3/08)

intacivic16v
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey fellas just thought that i would post up that the first round of the 2008 Grafton Hillclimb Championships will be on the 2nd of March. It would be great to see some hondas there be back me up in the FWD department. hehe

This should be the link of the in car footage so you can get a look at the track
www.youtube.com/v/mXsp-n9cYik&rel=1

All spectators welcome the more the better, if you want to race all you need is a cams licence and to be a member of a cams club, can do it there on the day if you need to.

95civic
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I wont be making this one, but once I have my car up and running, and can get the funds i will be up for these interstate events. CANT WAIT!

intacivic16v
06-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Man that would be great to see some more honda's there, how far away would you be coming from?

95civic
06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I be driving up from melb :) I know its a long way but I love driving new tracks! - Engine going in next week so I will hopefully be up and running for the 2nd or 3rd round of the Vic state series :)

intacivic16v
06-02-2008, 09:44 PM
F@#K me that would be a huge drive, about 2 days worth hehe, Have you ever raced at the Morwell hill climb, I own a house down there, i've been thinking of making a trip down there when they have a race on down there

95civic
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
No I havent driven there yet... I have only driven on the main tracks round vic. They raced their last meeting at that track last weekend I believe. They are building a new track as we speak...

What kind of suspension set up are you running?

intacivic16v
06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Mate just to give you a idea of when there are events on at Grafton.

Grafton round 1: March 2nd
Grafton round 2: May18th
NSW State title round at Grafton: 8th June
Grafton round 3: August 17th
Grafton round 4: October 19th

intacivic16v
06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah i heard that they were changing that track, i thought that they had already done it though.

I'm running JIC coilovers at the moment, only the road version though, they are a little softer than the race ones standard, so it is better for the hillclimb set up. Do you race a EG? I'm in the middle of building a new engine as well, what have you built for you car?

No I havent driven there yet... I have only driven on the main tracks round vic. They raced their last meeting at that track last weekend I believe. They are building a new track as we speak...

What kind of suspension set up are you running?

95civic
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Nah not my eg...

This is my new toy...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79948

intacivic16v
06-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Man that should be pretty good when you get it sorted out, hows the weight of the new engine compare to the original engine? Are you thinking of changing the break set up on the car? are they a torchon front suspension set up? (my spelling is so shit house hehe)

95civic
06-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Engine is heavier by a fair bit.... I am not going to change the brakes as yet, the drive shafts fit the 1st gen hubs so i will leave them for now. I can do a 4x100 conversion pretty easily if needed... For these kind of events i most likely wont need reqar brakes anyway.... wait and see what happens....

intacivic16v
07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
it will be interesting to see how much the extra weight puts the balance of the car out, i did a vtec conversion to my crx last year and it changed the balance a fair bit. that was why i changed over to the coilovers, so i could make the front end stiffer to take the extra weight

intacivic16v
21-03-2008, 06:53 PM
hey guys i just put up a few video's from the latest round of morgan park and grafton, sorry i don't have the links but if you search

intacivic16v on youtube it should come up. I've got a few more to put up when i get a chance in the next week