PDA

View Full Version : Cant wait to blow this car up!

rice_eg
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,

Having massivee problems with my eg......

1. Idle is all over the place..
2. Massive overheating... constantly....

D15... something...... dual carbie..

Please help

Rice

teh_mechanic
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
idle will have an adjustment near the carbies,and a mixture adjustment.
overheating should be something to do with the cooling system,check:
any leaks?
fans kicking in properly?
radiator blocked?
Coolant going down but no leaks,could point to a headgasket?

Might have a blown headgasket if its running dodgy and the cooling is all messed up

beeza
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Just take it to ya local mechanic man.

Sir_vtec
08-02-2008, 01:30 AM
run ecu test... did u jst recently changed the motor? if so u must have missed a sensor double check all wiring from the ecu man. l

i remember not long ago u ask if i had motor for sale so i assume u did a conversion? i dont know anyways let us know.

|N|
08-02-2008, 02:12 AM
run ecu test... did u jst recently changed the motor? if so u must have missed a sensor double check all wiring from the ecu man. l

i remember not long ago u ask if i had motor for sale so i assume u did a conversion? i dont know anyways let us know.

correct me if i m wrong.. but as far as i knw.. carb doesnt run ECU

connorling
08-02-2008, 02:33 AM
i had the problem with the over heating, try to flush the radiator, if not, check any loose hose, including the one behild undernearth the engine, if not, change the radiator, i fixed my problem by changing the whole radiator.

try restart the ECU, pull the fuse for the ECU(10A) and its back up(7.4)--(top left corner in the fuel box in the engine bay), leave it for 10mins, then put it back in, start the car without doing anything, no revving nothing, wait 10mins, then go for a drive, the idle problem should solve.,

ECU-MAN
08-02-2008, 07:53 AM
correct me if i m wrong.. but as far as i knw.. carb doesnt run ECU

carby runs an ECU

fatboyz39
08-02-2008, 08:03 AM
carby runs an ECU

they sure do....

Let it blow and get a k20.

BOXTEC
08-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Could the overheating be caused by the motor running excessively lean?
I mean if the carbies are shot and aren't delivering fuel engine could be really lean and overheating?
Maybe blown head/ gasket? aswell
Just a thought correct me if im wrong.. im a noobie =)

EuroDude
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Overheating could be caused by a bad Thermostat.
Remove the thermostat (should be on the drivers side of the engine above the gearbox) and place it in hot water. If the thermostat doesnt move when in hot water then its faulty.

As for the Idle problem, rather than adjusting the idle screw to patch the problem, you should fix the source of the problem instead. Give the carby a good clean using Carby Cleaner. Also get the Tappets adjusted and replace the air filter and fuel filter if its dirty.

beeza
08-02-2008, 05:14 PM
If the thermostat hasn't been changed for a while then U should replace it while it's out.