PDA

View Full Version : CB7 Exhaust System?

BLKWLF
09-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Alright now i've got a tough one. I've tried every forum and two trader websites and none have replied. And here's the question. I want to install a Mugen S2000 Dual Pipe Exhaust System or possibly the Mugen Accord Euro Dual Pipe Exhaust System (cause lets be frank mugen exhausts are top!). Now can this be done? And if so how much would the install cost be roughly?

Vinnie
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
euro system wont fit and tbh, paying top dollar for mugen parts is generally not worth it unless you are planning a really big build.

what are you after though, just a meatier exhaust note? in any case any aftermarket exhaust on its own, although it will be less restrictive and free up a few kw, is not going to make a drastic difference to performance.

4thGenExi
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
From memory the F22A motor responds quite well to some light breathing mods. CAI and a decent exhaust will give you marked gains.

BLKWLF
10-02-2008, 04:02 AM
The thing is i do want the power but i also want the car to be unique cause from seeing my mates integra with a mugen exhaust i love it, and at my pay rate that im getting at thr auto factory i really dont mind spendin 2k-3k. The other thing is the rear bumber thats included in the bodykit that im getting has one slot on each side for a dual pipe exhaust system. I really need to know if i can get it done.

BLKWLF
10-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Will it be posibble to get it done at around 2-3k?

Initially_v
12-02-2008, 03:37 PM
hey mate... are you gonna go extreme with you CB7?? if you are then yeah im pretty sure the exhuast people can put the euro exhaust on for you... but if just want more grunt and muffler will do... i drive a cb7 myself and i have a twin tip auto1 muffler... sounds great and inproves performance tooo....

Eclipsor
12-02-2008, 04:41 PM
In my opinion, the amount that you'd have to modify an exhaust like that, you'd start losing the benefits of having the brand name one to start with unless you found a top quality exhaust shop. In which case you may aswell just get them to make you a custom one to start with.

There are plenty of brand name cat backs for CB's.

BLKWLF
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
What are other good twin-pipe exhuast systems for the cb7? Cause i was thinking i could buy another high-quality twin-pipe system and just buy the twin-loop mufflers.

Eclipsor
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
hmm. I didn't see that you need a twin pipe for the bodykit. Not sure if there is any. Because being a bolt on it will follow the stock exhaust path. I still think buying a mugen or something will be a bit of a waste of money. The bolt on systems are usually pretty well designed to stick close to the body. So there is probably little hope of being able to use much of the original piping.

I reackon get some nice mufflers. You can usually get universal versions of the mufflers that come on the catbacks. Then get a good quality shop to make up the rest of the system.

BLKWLF
14-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Damn it this is so frustrating. I've seen pics of CB7's with dual-pipe exhaust systems. All i want is that and to raplace the mufflers with mugen twin-loop.

FAT VTI
18-02-2008, 08:01 PM
find som1 with your desired exhaust and ask them about it.
I reckon you should just get customised pipes from an exhaust shop with a mandrel bender.
then buy your tips and get them to install, its not a big hassle for an exhaust shop to weld on a tip mate, but to try and fabricate an already bent exhaust pipe for a completely different undercarriage of a completely different car, and try and make it fit on a differently designed undercarriage is alot more work.

In the end, the pipe is a pipe, doesnt really matter if it says liverpool exhaust or Mugen, its under your car.

The tip will probably make the difference as far as noise, so i reccomend if u want the tip buy it, but figure out what pipes ur going to get.

BLKWLF
18-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Na I dont care anymore for the system brand, i just want any fair to good performance exhaust system that i can just fit the mugen twin-loops on in the end.

FAT VTI
19-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Just get 1 fabricated for you from an exhaust shop and get the tips put on.
the pipe may/will sit lower due to the undercarriage being different but they should be able to do it, just go see them and see what they say.

BLKWLF
19-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Alright thanks FAT.