PDA

View Full Version : Fitting front bar and lip

Deano_EK
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Just bought an aftermarket EJ8 and cant get it to fit properly, the previous owner cut out all the plastic in the mouth of the front bar and put mesh behind it so it wasnt anywere near the metal brace on the front of the car, the plastic pushes against it on the new bumper and wont allow it to fit properly, am i going to have to cut it out, also theres no holes or anything on the type r lip, whats the best way to fit it?

kn1ghtm4r3
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
dunno wat u mean about the bumper lol

as for the lip easiest way is to line it up and drill some screws on the sides of em.

4 screws should do the trick. depends on how good the lip is will determine how flush it will be. =)

tegy_boi
11-02-2008, 08:55 PM
when your putting your front bar on, can u see whats hitting or stopping it from getting into place? get some1 to help u, as doing by yourself is abit more tricky. as for the mesh.. if its in the way, then cut it off ><

mrwillz
11-02-2008, 09:01 PM
dont no why the mesh would b in the way? if u got ur old bumper off?

can do it wif one person

shud be str8 slide on no worries.

Limbo
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
you brought a EJ front for an EK there are bound to be slight difference. Just look what is hitting and adjut to fit.

CTR lip looks like you might need to stikaflex it and then put 2 screws at either side to hold it in place

mrwillz
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
well from what i can gather
his got a 96 ek which is preface, so is the ej8
should be no hicccups fitting it at all as it is the same yr bracket.

difference in bumper is no mouldings.

Deano_EK
12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
correct about the bumper being the same without the mouldings, thats why i bought it, the thing that is getting in the way is the plastic grill peice in the mouth of the bumper, its hitting the metal brace on the front of the car, my old bumper had being chopped up, will i have to cut this one too? Its a completley standard bumper im a little stumped as to why it dosent fit straight on.

kn1ghtm4r3
13-02-2008, 06:55 PM
shouldn't hit at all =P maybe take a pic so we can see exactly. coz that front bar looks like it should be fine