PDA

View Full Version : Flip Key modification.

kimnkk
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Has anyone heard much about flip keys for australian accord euros?

There's at least one massive thread on flip keys for Acuras in the states here (http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17794).

It would be great if we could get something like that done relatively easily and cheap.

tron07
11-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Panic button... nice

aaronng
11-02-2008, 08:03 AM
You can DIY. The only problem I forsee is if the transmitter for the remote is of a different frequency to our local model.

tony1234
11-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah,would be nice but ^^^^as above.

ABS121
14-02-2008, 02:03 PM
yes a friend brought one back for me, and i have had it programmed and cut, and yes the keyless entry bit does not work the US Acura tsx runs on a different frequency to our euros.

you can start the car and unlock the door manually, just can unlock in remotely.

D R U
25-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I found this flip key shell for the euro on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-3-BUTTON-FLIP-KEY-SHELL_W0QQitemZ160200177313QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6763 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247Q QcmdZViewItem

It arrived on thursday, the plastic feels a bit thin and it doesn't feel as solid as the standard euro keys. But its the easiest flip key mod for the euro.

Just take the immobiliser out of the standard shell and place it in this one.

A warning though, take care when you open it and make sure you spin the spring the right way when you open it to swap the immobiliser piece over.

I spun it the wrong way and almost busted the spring.

traumatized
25-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I found this flip key shell for the euro on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-3-BUTTON-FLIP-KEY-SHELL_W0QQitemZ160200177313QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6763 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247Q QcmdZViewItem

It arrived on thursday, the plastic feels a bit thin and it doesn't feel as solid as the standard euro keys. But its the easiest flip key mod for the euro.

Just take the immobiliser out of the standard shell and place it in this one.

A warning though, take care when you open it and make sure you spin the spring the right way when you open it to swap the immobiliser piece over.

I spun it the wrong way and almost busted the spring.

Interesting, does it work well? how much did it cost for you to get the key cut at the lock smith? it looks big is it big in real life?

kimnkk
25-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Ahh, cheers mate! That looks perfect - exactly what i was thinking of. As above, how much did it cost you to get it cut?

Also, is it an official Honda shell, or 3rd party? Is it as rugged as the standard key despite feeling a bit thin?

Cheers mate :D

traumatized
25-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Ahh, cheers mate! That looks perfect - exactly what i was thinking of. As above, how much did it cost you to get it cut?

Also, is it an official Honda shell, or 3rd party? Is it as rugged as the standard key despite feeling a bit thin?

from the listing on the ebay item it states that it is aftermarket..

D R U
26-02-2008, 08:40 PM

It cost me $ 40 dollars to get it cut at a locksmith.

Its easier to get it cut when the blade (blank) is removed from the shell. The locksmith had to hand file some of mine, because the spring pushes the blade forward when its open making it harder to cut.

You have to remove it anyway to put the immobiliser in, but like i said before, be careful piecing back together.

It feels a lot better with the immobiliser in, not as flimsy, because there's more weight to it now.

traumatized
26-02-2008, 08:55 PM
so $120 for this mod? hmm looks like someone else bought another one as there is only 2 left now.

longers
26-02-2008, 10:07 PM
that would be me
hahahaha :thumbsup:

traumatized
27-02-2008, 12:05 PM
that would be me
hahahaha :thumbsup:

let me know how you go also with it and what your thoughts of the key is when you are done.

cheers

longers
27-02-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah will do mate....made the order annd payment last night
should be expecting it within the week..i'll tell you how it goes..and a few pics

kimnkk
27-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, that would be super duper mate, much apprecaited :)

traumatized
27-02-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah will do mate....made the order annd payment last night
should be expecting it within the week..i'll tell you how it goes..and a few pics

that would be great mate.. thanks in advance

longers
28-02-2008, 05:53 PM
0 avaliable...omg people a quick these days

D R U
29-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Im having a bit of trouble with my key, its was cut properly and it opens the doors and it turns in the igniton.

But when it wont start the engine, it just cranks.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?
I did use the spare key immobilser, so i might need to program the car to be used with this newly cut key again (it can be done on the car, the process is similar to setting the remotes for garage doors when they're first installed).
I read the procedure somewhere online a while ago, i need to find that post again.

That's the only thing i can think of.

Ill keep you guys posted.

dmx
29-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Im having a bit of trouble with my key, its was cut properly and it opens the doors and it turns in the igniton.

But when it wont start the engine, it just cranks.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?
I did use the spare key immobilser, so i might need to program the car to be used with this newly cut key again (it can be done on the car, the process is similar to setting the remotes for garage doors when they're first installed).
I read the procedure somewhere online a while ago, i need to find that post again.

That's the only thing i can think of.

Ill keep you guys posted.

try to bring ur car back to dealer to re-program. I did before with LC 100, they just open the door + close + turn 2 key + bla bla bla.. and works !!!
but not sure with Honda.

longers
29-02-2008, 06:45 PM
question...do honda dealers do key cuts?

dmx
29-02-2008, 07:52 PM
question...do honda dealers do key cuts?
i don't think so, but they still can do it (bring to locksmith to cut) :wave:

longers
29-02-2008, 08:22 PM
hrmmmms i wanna take it to a professional lock smith
not just to some dodgey kiosk at the shopping centers
got any recommendations?
this guy is taking his time posting it to me...as if not do next day service :(

D R U
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I asked the seller and he told me there's a little black chip that sits next to the key, not part of the immobiliser. I have to put that in with the key as well.

I opened it up and its in there, just have to get some tweezers to get it out, should be ready to roll after that.

Edit: Just tried it out, works perfectly.

:)

longers
02-03-2008, 07:16 PM
well mine hasnt come in yet....RAGE!
how long did it take you to get your mr.dru

D R U
02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Really quickly actually, paid for it on monday, it arrived on thursday.

longers
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
well it finally arrived today.....
well like dru said it does feel abit plasticy...it seems like if you drop it
it would break or something...but hey you get for what you pay..
i heard mazda want 800bucks for so for their flip keys..

as promised im gonna post up some pics so you guys can have a look

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9513/dsc01511kg8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/4773/dsc01512vv5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2396/dsc01513ic2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6742/dsc01516vz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1973/dsc01517zq3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6136/dsc01519au2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9844/dsc01520vo1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

well i hope that helps you guys...
and if you do eventually get one....becareful when opening it
cause when i did it...i spent half an hour looking for the spring cause it shot out

kimnkk
03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey mate,

Thanks so much for reviewing it and the piccies, i really appreciate it!

I reckon it looks great and would make a pretty cool alternative to the standard key without any real hassle. But for me, its probably a bit much just to get a flip key because i'm content with the standard one i guess :p.

Does it come with the Honda badge for the back of the key? Or can you use the one from the original key?

longers
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
well you see where the screw that is alone by itself..on the back
theres like it cut out shape and i looked at the standard key..and that has a shape cut out like that.
so im guessing it is...might have to rip it from the original key
when i get the keys cut..ill tell you how it goes

D R U
03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey mate,

Thanks so much for reviewing it and the piccies, i really appreciate it!

I reckon it looks great and would make a pretty cool alternative to the standard key without any real hassle. But for me, its probably a bit much just to get a flip key because i'm content with the standard one i guess :p.

Does it come with the Honda badge for the back of the key? Or can you use the one from the original key?

It comes with a badge to stick over the screw hole.

Just as an aside, the locksmith i got to cut my key said that the key has to be cut very precisely, he said that in the 40 years he's been a locksmith, he's never had to cut a key so perfectly.

It took him an hour and a half to finish it, the key was out by about 1/10th of a mm and he just had to keep cutting it till it was perfect.

So thanks to honda for the extra security.

kimnkk
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
It comes with a badge to stick over the screw hole.

Just as an aside, the locksmith i got to cut my key said that the key has to be cut very precisely, he said that in the 40 years he's been a locksmith, he's never had to cut a key so perfectly.

It took him an hour and a half to finish it, the key was out by about 1/10th of a mm and he just had to keep cutting it till it was perfect.

So thanks to honda for the extra security.

Sounds insane! I guess thats a good thing though. Would your average locksmith/key-cutter do it for you? How much did that set you back?

Cheers!

D R U
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I got it done at "acorn" i think its a pretty big locksmith franchise.

Cost $40 to get done, and it took him a while too, so it was worth it.

longers
04-03-2008, 10:02 AM
WHAT STICKER?!!?!?!? i didn't get any sticker....thats dodgey
hahaha i live down in s.e melbourne and went to a place down in dande.
the guys seem veryy professional...just went to get a quote just then
cost about 40bucks...but i gotta wait a week or two..becuase he said its
a new model...and the flip key's metal is pretty good...they don't want to use
their old machine...so he said its better if i wait until they get in the new machine with sharper cutting things...hence more precision
personally i wouldn't go to the guys that have a little kiosk at a shopping center.

dmx
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
r they selling with only 2 button ones ?

longers
05-03-2008, 06:15 PM
do you want his email?
pm me if you want it

curik
25-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Behold mortals! Don't get ripped off by that seller!

$30 Shipped! Give me a point! :p
http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-SWITCHBLADE-REMOTE-KEY-CONVERSION-CASE-3-BUTTON_W0QQitemZ120235461200QQihZ002QQcategoryZ103 86QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l12 62

traumatized
25-03-2008, 07:55 AM
theres actually another seller on ebay remote mania who do really good deals also, they currently have a buy it now one for 49bux, but they also have ones that you can bid on. so you can pick up a bargain if you are lucky

i have delt with them in the pass and their customer service is very good and always wanting you to be happy, so if for some reason you don't get a good one they will resolve your issue asap

curik
25-03-2008, 08:31 AM
49 bux? This one is $30 mate

traumatized
25-03-2008, 08:49 AM
as stated this is the buy it now price they also have bidding items and i have seen some go in the past for less than 20bux including shipping.

i'm not saying 30bux isn't a good deal, just letting others know that there are other options including the one you stated.

racerwannabe
25-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks Curik! $30 vs $49.. theres no argument.

dmx
25-03-2008, 06:54 PM
as stated this is the buy it now price they also have bidding items and i have seen some go in the past for less than 20bux including shipping.

i'm not saying 30bux isn't a good deal, just letting others know that there are other options including the one you stated.

u right, i always bidded but only for under $20. always lose :o

traumatized
25-03-2008, 06:57 PM
u right, i always bidded but only for under $20. always lose :o

a friend of mine got lucky a couple of weeks back, got it for 16bux in total including shipping

his since received and got it cut for 30bux at a local locksmith, so all went well with him.

longers
25-03-2008, 07:38 PM
maybe i should've done a search on ebay before rushing to buy
ahhh well no regrets :(

traumatized
25-03-2008, 07:47 PM
maybe i should've done a search on ebay before rushing to buy
ahhh well no regrets :(

the funny thing was there was none listed when you bought yours, so its all good.

how is your key going anyways?

longers
25-03-2008, 10:34 PM
the funny thing was there was none listed when you bought yours, so its all good.

how is your key going anyways?

man mines just sitting there.
the locksmith place i went to....has to get in a new machine.....cuase the metal bit on the key is some quality crap...and he wanted it to be precise..
cause it was for a my07 car...

he said it will be a couple more weeks.

ill let you know when i get it cut

unless anyone knows of a professional locksmiths around s.e melb

curik
25-03-2008, 11:40 PM
cut your key and weld it together?

racerwannabe
26-03-2008, 08:58 AM
i've bidded 3 times before and each time it went up to ~$45!

curik
26-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Just save the hassle and buy it now for $30. Gives you a peace of mind with a little more extra $

joycetick
26-03-2008, 02:57 PM
i tried to buy the $30 one ciruk linked to but i think because its an 'imediate payment' item, paypal will only let me use a credit/debit card to pay rather than my bank account :S

aw well, might have to get the $49 one due to a lack of credit card :(

longers
26-03-2008, 07:45 PM
you can enter your banking details into paypal
and then you just transfer money from your bank account
into your paypal...same shit
hope i wasnt too late in telling you that

traumatized
26-03-2008, 07:51 PM
doesnt paypal just automatically transfer money from your back account to paypal?

joycetick
26-03-2008, 08:00 PM
nah, haven't bought anything yet

And thats whats confusing me, my paypal is setup to withdraw money from my bank account (and have used it successfully before) but for this ebay item it insists that I enter my credit/debit card details, no option for using my bank account or money already in paypal.

Although there currently is no money in my paypal account so maybe thats why it doesnt ask if i want to use it :P

cdjhitman
26-03-2008, 11:48 PM
i ordered mine today, now its a waiting game. i got it from curiks link. any1 recommend a locksmith at sydney??

longers
27-03-2008, 07:47 AM
i rkn any locksmith would do....just non of those stupid kiosk ones

dmx
29-03-2008, 02:50 PM
i rkn any locksmith would do....just non of those stupid kiosk ones

is possible just move stock key to new flip housing ?
i reckon we remove stock key from its house.
means we don't have to make new ones :confused:

traumatized
29-03-2008, 02:53 PM
^^ no unfortunately you are not able t do this has the flip key is different from the stock key in terms of design, if you refer to the above pictures posted by longers you will know what i mean

D R U
29-03-2008, 04:01 PM
i ordered mine today, now its a waiting game. i got it from curiks link. any1 recommend a locksmith at sydney??

I used "acorn" in sefton, its near bel garage.

Took them about an hour and a half to cut it, its pretty hard to cut the key as honda have made the barrel very precise, so the key has to be very exact.

Cost me $40, remember to move the little chip inside the original key over to the new housing, without it, the car wont start.

cdjhitman
30-03-2008, 04:23 PM
cheers dru

racerwannabe
09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
i've been told by the locksmith that the blank may be too hard and its thicker than the normal blank. So they declined to cut it :( Did anyone come across this problem or can recommend a locksmith in Sydney that can do it. Thanks.

traumatized
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm really surprised a locksmith has not wanted to cut it.

What suburb do you live in, as D R U there is a locksmith in Sefton close to Chester Hill that does it, a.a abel locksmith in liverpool should also be able to do it also.

ABS121
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
i've been told by the locksmith that the blank may be too hard and its thicker than the normal blank. So they declined to cut it :( Did anyone come across this problem or can recommend a locksmith in Sydney that can do it. Thanks.

http://www.innerwestsecurity.com

they are in Annandale (inner city) sydney. They cut all the keys for Rick Damelian Honda. cost about $50 i think.

give them a call

racerwannabe
09-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys. I went to a locksmith in the city. They looked experienced and professional. Anyway does anyone know of a locksmith down south who has done it before?

dmx
09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
just bought the key flip, $21.50
and get the quote (by mouth only) about $16.50 to cut it:confused:
we see what happen :cool:

traumatized
09-04-2008, 06:17 PM
i assume you won this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220221081663&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

$16.50? did you advise them that it isn't a normal cut key? i would be really surprised if that was the case but if it is you got a bargain for the key and the cut.

dmx
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
yupe. someone bloody jumped the bid from $5.00 to $15.00. make me loss $10.00
:mad:
assume that's from seller "fake" bid (other ebay account):secret:
i show the man my oem key, and he said about 16.50. not sure after i bring the flip key to him next.

traumatized
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
^
either way you still got a good deal and as i stated in the the past the seller has really good customer service.

also the guy you went to is he a locksmith? the reason why i as is that he is charging a really good price but if his not a locksmith i would be careful as the last thing you want to do is let him cut the key wrong in which case you can't go back and have a dud key

dmx
09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
^
either way you still got a good deal and as i stated in the the past the seller has really good customer service.

also the guy you went to is he a locksmith? the reason why i as is that he is charging a really good price but if his not a locksmith i would be careful as the last thing you want to do is let him cut the key wrong in which case you can't go back and have a dud key

locksmith ? i just went to keycut man (shop in middle of the mall) who do the cutting for holden (include immobilizer) and others car.
is he categorize as a locksmith ?:confused:
he said he can do it, and have the machine to do it. need some advise from u mate, cheers

curik
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
You could bid or just pay $30 buy it now if you don't want the hassle. I would pay the extra $9 with a peace of mind =D

traumatized
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
if he does key cuts for holdens and stated that he has the machine to cut the key then it should be ok, i know some locksmiths that have stores in shopping centres such as bankstown square.

for me i go to a locksmith to get my key cuts as i know security is their business, they sell security products like safes and other security products.

they know how key barrels work as they can pick up a lock, cut a new key without the original key, set a blank barrel to suit an exisitng key etc. so they know how precise keys need to be.

they just have more knowledge than just say a hardware store that just puts the original key in the machine and hit the start button

traumatized
09-04-2008, 08:31 PM
You could bid or just pay $30 buy it now if you don't want the hassle. I would pay the extra $9 with a peace of mind =D

he already won the bid and got it for $21.50 shipped and there isn't really peace of mind for the both as the items are both from overseas.

dmx has jsut won the item from 'remotemaniacs' who i have and my friends have used in the past and didn't have any issues, so hopefully dmx doesn't run into any issues.

but i do agree with you curik, if you really want it and have tired your luck bidding then go with the $30 shipped on that you have found cause it is cheaper than alot of the others out there.

dmx
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
first, thought just about $5+$5, and only 1hour left, and who knows jumped from 5 to 15 straight away, not even climb to $6 or $8 and my "emotion" already in there to "fight" ;)

if he does key cuts for holdens and stated that he has the machine to cut the key then it should be ok, i know some locksmiths that have stores in shopping centres such as bankstown square.

for me i go to a locksmith to get my key cuts as i know security is their business, they sell security products like safes and other security products.

they know how key barrels work as they can pick up a lock, cut a new key without the original key, set a blank barrel to suit an exisitng key etc. so they know how precise keys need to be.

they just have more knowledge than just say a hardware store that just puts the original key in the machine and hit the start button
alright, i know where to go. locksmith that have a "proper" shop who can "change" the padlock combination barrel to make a key to suit. will go tomorrow to get some quote, cheers mate

traumatized
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
^ if i was you i could ask that guy that gave you the quote as he could be a locksmith. then you save some cash for the key cut.

good luck and let me know how you go when you get the key and get it cut

longers
09-04-2008, 11:13 PM
hahaha
sucks for me i payed close to 85bucks inc postage :(
consider you guys lucky then :thumbsup:
not quite sure about the kiosk thing...rather go to a professional locksmith
then let them cut it wrong...and then have to do the whole process again
i say better be safe than sorry:D

racerwannabe
10-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Got my key cut at a local locksmith for $20 and he did it in less than 15 mins. :D What a pro!

Miz_II_Die_IV
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
do it work and where at... also i jus purcgased it hopefully get it soon does the key cutting place swap the key for ya or u gira do it urself

racerwannabe
11-04-2008, 09:11 AM
do it work and where at... also i jus purcgased it hopefully get it soon does the key cutting place swap the key for ya or u gira do it urself

Yes it does work. I swapped the insides myself but I'm sure the locksmith can do it for you. Its not difficult. Just be carefully with the spring..it takes a few goes at getting the spring right. To be honest u get what u pay for so its no where near as good as a factory flip key.

Miz_II_Die_IV
11-04-2008, 12:28 PM
where at im going to get my key cut today??? please let me know asap...

racerwannabe
11-04-2008, 03:05 PM
where at im going to get my key cut today??? please let me know asap...

Are u in Sydney? I went to the one on Bay Street, Rockdale.

Miz_II_Die_IV
11-04-2008, 03:36 PM
hey i cnat get that little chip out how did u guys get thechip out?
the little one.. arge its driving me insane

racerwannabe
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
hey i cnat get that little chip out how did u guys get thechip out?
the little one.. arge its driving me insane

Tweezers or a small screw driver. You have to be pretty brutal.

Miz_II_Die_IV
11-04-2008, 04:15 PM
oh no now my sprimg has poped out omfg

longers
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
hahaha...take it easy my friend...
you gotta work with it real slowly...so becareful

Miz_II_Die_IV
11-04-2008, 06:08 PM
lol... guess wat i fuked up the first orignal spring then i fuked up the 2nd spring noe i just done my third it works but its abit dodgy not happy Jane... the spring keeps getting twisted!!!

johnprocter
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
i'd like to play with your springs hehe
lol poor effort there kiddo

traumatized
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
lol... guess wat i fuked up the first orignal spring then i fuked up the 2nd spring noe i just done my third it works but its abit dodgy not happy Jane... the spring keeps getting twisted!!!

how many springs did you get with it? i thought it only came with one spring?

Miz_II_Die_IV
12-04-2008, 10:27 AM
it did, but i improvised!!! lol

pxrnm
14-04-2008, 04:50 PM
yes a friend brought one back for me, and i have had it programmed and cut, and yes the keyless entry bit does not work the US Acura tsx runs on a different frequency to our euros.

you can start the car and unlock the door manually, just can unlock in remotely.

Hi Guys,

Just want to confirm about the above.... does this mean TL flip key cannot be used for euro even if we transfer the chip and all to the flip key?? I don't really care about the keyless entry/panic button, but as long it can be used for starting the car, remote lock/unlock and opening the trunk... I'll be pretty happy.

The quality of the TL key is so much better then the one currently sold in ebay.

Please see the attachment.

Utube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DXPQj54IUI

DIY detailed TL Key Conversion : http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9353

longers
14-04-2008, 09:17 PM
might not work...cuase it has a panic button

pxrnm
14-04-2008, 09:58 PM
might not work...cuase it has a panic button

Can't the panic button be left alone as blanks/without function?

Seriously the TSX key is sooo much like euro key if it's not because of the panic button.

My concern is about the frequency thing, someone said US x Oz not compatible etc.

curik
14-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Look at the photos above. The stock Euro button assembly will not fit into the TL's. The buttons are wider spaced than the TL's. SO those guys have to reprogram the TL key for the TSX, which has a different frequency to our Euro's.

pxrnm
14-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Look at the photos above. The stock Euro button assembly will not fit into the TL's. The buttons are wider spaced than the TL's. SO those guys have to reprogram the TL key for the TSX, which has a different frequency to our Euro's.

Yeah may be you're right, it just that when I found this DIY (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9353) it gives me ideas :o since the guy who did it transferred the insides from normal key to the flip one (which is exactly the same with ours exept the panic button) and then program it him self.

Well if it can't be done, it can't be done.

traumatized
14-04-2008, 10:28 PM
as far as i can see from the picture you provided the buttons are in the wrong position so it isn't so much a direct swap and is more involved.

pxrnm
14-04-2008, 10:34 PM
as far as i can see from the picture you provided the buttons are in the wrong position so it isn't so much a direct swap and is more involved.

Well if it's about the button, again the TSX remote (not the flip key) pretty much has the same button with ours except for the panic button but the guy manage to convert it.

Anyway I do agree with curik that the frequency may not match with Ozy remotes to program it. My next service is coming up, so I'll ask the dealer here just to make sure.

drezy
17-04-2008, 05:15 PM
man mines just sitting there.
the locksmith place i went to....has to get in a new machine.....cuase the metal bit on the key is some quality crap...and he wanted it to be precise..
cause it was for a my07 car...

he said it will be a couple more weeks.

ill let you know when i get it cut

unless anyone knows of a professional locksmiths around s.e melb

hey longers... i called up ramsec in dandy and he gave me the same spiel about getting in a better machine soon... so i ended up going to Moorabbin Locksmith on Chesterville Road... cost $44 and took about 15 mins... works perfect..!:thumbsup:

johnprocter
17-04-2008, 07:03 PM
all this effort for a flip key lol is it worth it

longers
17-04-2008, 08:27 PM
hey longers... i called up ramsec in dandy and he gave me the same spiel about getting in a better machine soon... so i ended up going to Moorabbin Locksmith on Chesterville Road... cost $44 and took about 15 mins... works perfect..!:thumbsup:

ahhhhh you legend.
can you pm me the number? thanks champ
i called them on momday...still waiting on the blade...
does it work well?

racerwannabe
17-04-2008, 09:09 PM
all this effort for a flip key lol is it worth it

To be honest..i dont think its work it. Purely because the flip key is such bad quality. Both halves are held together by three tiny screws so the edges dont seal properly because the spring pushes it apart :(

longers
17-04-2008, 10:29 PM
To be honest..i dont think its work it. Purely because the flip key is such bad quality. Both halves are held together by three tiny screws so the edges dont seal properly because the spring pushes it apart :(

hahahha very true...but you know..at least its something different...
if you're saying what i bought for 80bucks...if that was worth it :zip:

glengowan
17-04-2008, 10:45 PM

Can you imagine if you were miles from anywhere and you dropped this key and bits flew everywhere ahhhhhhhh it would be a nightmare:thumbdwn:

longers
18-04-2008, 04:06 PM
HELP!....
i went to the place drezy recommended...great service...too bad they f***ed my key...the key won't go in smoothly and it won't turn once it is in
the only way it will turn is if i had the oem key in there...take it out then
put the flip key in...i was wondering if i could take it to honda.
you guys got any idea?

for some reason they only charged me 35 :S

too much trouble for a flip key now..its pissing me off:(

drezy
18-04-2008, 04:40 PM
HELP!....
i went to the place drezy recommended...great service...too bad they f***ed my key...the key won't go in smoothly and it won't turn once it is in
the only way it will turn is if i had the oem key in there...take it out then
put the flip key in...i was wondering if i could take it to honda.
you guys got any idea?

for some reason they only charged me 35 :S

too much trouble for a flip key now..its pissing me off:(

sh*t dude!! wtf... mine worked fine.. oh man... sorry man i feel bad..! i was only just trying to help you out..! and they charged you $35?? mine cost $44 ! wtf

i recommened you go back and get a refund man..

longers
18-04-2008, 05:47 PM
sh*t dude!! wtf... mine worked fine.. oh man... sorry man i feel bad..! i was only just trying to help you out..! and they charged you $35?? mine cost $44 ! wtf

i recommened you go back and get a refund man..

hahaha don't feel bad man...it was my decision...
im seriously considering cutting and welding :eek:
but i have a mate who works at garry warren honda.
see what he can do:S

traumatized
18-04-2008, 07:52 PM
does the car just crank and not start? if so make sure that your move all the components its really just two things please attached picture

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1543/dsc01516vz9cd0.jpg

I have circled the area where the part should come out of your oem key and go into the flip key, just keep in mind it is not the cover that you need to move there is actually something in there that is quite hard to take out it looks like a magnet when you get it out.

also in regards to not going in smoothly just take it back and ask them to refine the cut as it may just be a little off they should be able to fix it without any issues.

hope this helps you

longers
19-04-2008, 05:31 PM
does the car just crank and not start? if so make sure that your move all the components its really just two things please attached picture

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1543/dsc01516vz9cd0.jpg

I have circled the area where the part should come out of your oem key and go into the flip key, just keep in mind it is not the cover that you need to move there is actually something in there that is quite hard to take out it looks like a magnet when you get it out.

also in regards to not going in smoothly just take it back and ask them to refine the cut as it may just be a little off they should be able to fix it without any issues.

hope this helps you

hey mate.
thanks for your help...but i didnt everything...took out the chip etc..
its pretty stupid...even though they gave me a refund..i still have one f'd up
key that doesn't work...i see that the key is held on by a pin...which i hope
i can use a small nail to hammer out...then go to honda to get a blank...
and tell honda to cut it for me...
some how modify it for it to fit.

so much effort for flip key now ARGGGGGHHH!

traumatized
19-04-2008, 06:52 PM
soory it didn't help mate. so does the car just crank but not start?

longers
19-04-2008, 07:33 PM
nah i think its just a pure bad job
maybe they used an apprentice on mine and a professional on drezy's
hahaha...it just won't turn...like the key won't fit properly...
it would only work if i insert the oem key...take it out then insert the flip key

traumatized
19-04-2008, 08:19 PM
that is very odd indeed, i would take the key to another locksmith and see if they can fix the key it may just need a adjustment. seeing as you have got your money back you might as well give another locksmith a try to see if it can be fixed.

i think it should be able to be fixed as if you put your oem key in then put the flip key in then it turns so it might just be slighty off

cresa
23-04-2008, 01:20 PM
i just got my key cut at A A Abott locksmiths at campsie, on beamish st.
44 buks. it works just gotta put the dam chip in now.

joycetick
25-04-2008, 07:54 PM
got mine cut at lockmart, $25 except it took them 4 tries to get it right and even after that it was hard to put into the door and wouldnt turn in the ignition. pushing it in and taking it out a few times seems to have helped and it goes in much easier now and turns in the ignition :).

only problem now is that the spring pushes the case apart :(
i was thinking of glueing it together but then i wont be able to replace the remote battery if it dies. any suggestions?

drezy
25-04-2008, 10:53 PM
got mine cut at lockmart, $25 except it took them 4 tries to get it right and even after that it was hard to put into the door and wouldnt turn in the ignition. pushing it in and taking it out a few times seems to have helped and it goes in much easier now and turns in the ignition :).

only problem now is that the spring pushes the case apart :(
i was thinking of glueing it together but then i wont be able to replace the remote battery if it dies. any suggestions?

i have found that its not actually the spring that pushes the case apart, its more the plastic bit that is meant to hold the chip in... it just needs to filed down a bit for a perfect fit... did this and now the key is perfect fully flush....!

joycetick
26-04-2008, 12:18 AM
oh, i did that. it would be impossible to close the case if that plastic bit and the chip were in the same space.

I'm talking about a gap only at the pivot point of the key which on mine, allows for the key to wobble up and down. Pressing on either side of the pivot stops the key from being able to wobble.

ps: even with the spring out there is a little bit of wobble :(

CoZZm0
07-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I used a heat gun to "modify" the front half of the lower shell (while disassembled) which applies pressure on the case. I am waiting for dad to get home and test the key to make sure it got cut right, after hearing so many people having problems with them being cut... Either way, even without the spring the key would move up/down, but after i heated and bent the front edge of the casing, the up/down movement has been limited a lot. If i bend it much more it will create drag and might make the key hard to flip out.

EDIT : OK after reading through some stuff, i found this eBay item (i hope its OK to link to ebay items)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Acura-TSX-Switchblade-Key-Remote-Mem-2-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQihZ020QQitem Z300226948233QQtcZphoto

now while i realise that is a memory 2 key, not memory 1 (i.e 2nd driver not 1st driver) the FCC ID and the IC ID are EXACTLY the same as the stock 2008 Accord V6L my dad owns. So.... in saying that, seeing as the FCC ID and IC ID are the same, would it be correct to assume that the frequency would be the same? i don't care about the panic button, but OEM gear is always a preference over aftermarket ...

Comments? ideas?

UNLS1
07-06-2008, 06:32 PM
hmmm looks cheap, and $40 or so dollars just to have a key that flips.....yay

racerwannabe
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Nice find! the aftermarket one is crap and waste of money. I would buy it for the case alone.

CoZZm0
09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I decided to order the more expensive mem1 key simply because this is for my dad and he likes things to be "right" so running memory 2 all the time for him wasn't really an option (i know its a small thing to most others...)

I'll update when i get it. also i note that they are totally sold out of memory2 keys when i went to buy mine so i would assume that forumers snapped them upo, i should of held my tongue until i was sure they'd work...

winvin23
10-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Nice find! the aftermarket one is crap and waste of money. I would buy it for the case alone.

Agreed! Bought mine ages ago, but been thinking twice whether to convert it.. most probably not :thumbdwn:

Interested to see how CoZZm0 goes with the genuine TSX one tho... looks much better than the aftermarket plasticy looking one.

Renza
17-06-2008, 01:59 AM
same here. hope it works.

i doubt it would matter if its mem 1 or mem 2 as we dont have memory seats?

anyway how much would honda charge to get this programmed? is it the same frequency as the euro in aus?

johnnyofhk
30-06-2008, 12:05 AM
hey guys, I should join this forum much earlier! Let me tell the story~

I am from sydney, I got a accord euro lux, I bought Accord 07TL key from US acura dealer ebay cost me $80 including shipping(with panic buttom), get it cut from locksmith for $40, get my dealer program the immobilizer chip in the key $100, HOWEVER, the keyless enty does NOT work with Accord euro in australia, because the frequency of our existing key is 4XXMhz instead of the switchblade key 3XXMhz.... so the only way for us to lock and unlock the car is from drivers' door....

**** me...

johnnyofhk
30-06-2008, 12:07 AM
in addition, our key's ic is G8D-382H-A instead of G8D-439H-A on the 07TL key

ABS121
30-06-2008, 06:58 PM
So did it work?

I decided to order the more expensive mem1 key simply because this is for my dad and he likes things to be "right" so running memory 2 all the time for him wasn't really an option (i know its a small thing to most others...)

I'll update when i get it. also i note that they are totally sold out of memory2 keys when i went to buy mine so i would assume that forumers snapped them upo, i should of held my tongue until i was sure they'd work...

johnnyofhk
01-07-2008, 12:14 AM
So did it work?

i want to know that too!! what is the remote frequency for 08accord? 4XX? or 3XX?

jb_buzz
10-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Bought the Acura TSX09 thinking maybe it may work, but it does not seem to be able to be programmed.
I removed the Memory seat setting (pressing and holding lock and unlock until double flash of LED) and tried programming it.

Does anyone know what frequency the 03HondaAccord Euro runs on.
the TSX Freq is 313.85, is my car running this or 4XX?
FCC ID MLBHLIK-1T Original Equipment 05/09/2006 Lower313.85 Upper313.85
Use this link to check if you could.
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Cheers John

huhjared
23-09-2008, 11:29 AM
how did you guys took out the black "chip" beside the key? is that the only thing that needs removal?

should i heat it up using a hair dryer before trying to pry out the chip?

longers
23-09-2008, 12:09 PM
just get some tweezers. i just broke the surroundings in a rush so yeah..can't really see it

huhjared
23-09-2008, 01:14 PM
i bought the supposedly crap case from ebay for $6 shipped( $1+$5shipping) so was wondering if it would be worth it cutting the key and use it since its just gonna cost me in total $40 to make myself happy for a month or so... hahhahaaaa.. how much is the key cut anyway...

longers
23-09-2008, 01:32 PM
mine was around there...

p10n33r
16-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Can anyone pls recommend me a good locksmith to keycut my switch keyblade in Melbourne? I bought flip key case(s) off ebay, and went to two locksmiths in melbourne, they both stuffed up my keys. It would open the door, but it wouldn't turn in the ignition.

I am hoping someone can help me with this, thanks :)

Cheers,
Eric

drezy
16-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Can anyone pls recommend me a good locksmith to keycut my switch keyblade in Melbourne? I bought flip key case(s) off ebay, and went to two locksmiths in melbourne, they both stuffed up my keys. It would open the door, but it wouldn't turn in the ignition.

I am hoping someone can help me with this, thanks :)

Cheers,
Eric

i went to this guy and my key works fine, both for door and ignition.

Moorabbin Locksmiths
163 Chesterville Road MOORABBIN VIC 3189 View Map and More Details

please don't blame me though if something goes wrong.. but mine worked first try.

longers
16-02-2009, 04:35 PM
^ thats where i went too p1on33r.

p10n33r
16-02-2009, 08:24 PM
drezy: thanks mate.

longers: I saw your post in previous pages that they didnt cut your key properly? how did it end up with? did you get it working? Please share, thanks :)

Eric

longers
16-02-2009, 10:20 PM
honestly i don't know how it worked.
beucase the first time it didn't work i figured it was too much trouble trying to get a new
blade. so i just left it lying around.
one day i decided to try it and it worked

p10n33r
16-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Did you have any trouble turning the key in the ignition on that one special day ? or did you have to turn the key harder than your OEM? because currently mine works perfectly fine on the door.

Thx.

p10n33r
24-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I've finally been able to get it working with a locksmith I've found in South Melbourne. Thanks Kimnkk & longers & drezy for the info. This conversion is well worth it :)

Eric

taccord12
08-12-2009, 06:17 PM
lol way to bring back and old thread but i've just done the conversion on my 09 Euro keys with the ebay one that longers bought. Have the same trouble as him, the key doesn't turn... other than that the indicators doesn't blink anymore when i lock and unlock, but it can still unlock / lock. wonder why it's like that...

edit: ok for some reason the indictors are working now and the key seems to fit all the way in instead of half way, but it still wont turn what so ever... i think i just need to get a better lock smith to get it fixed?

p10n33r
09-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Been there done that with my rb1 flip key.

That's locksmith's crappy job to cut the key blade. The third locksmith i went to finally could do the job. Ended up ordering 2 additional key blades from ebay seller to get it working.

Find a decent locksmith to do the job :)

taccord12
09-12-2009, 04:42 PM
dont do it if you have an 09+ -_-

SRVTIR
10-12-2009, 10:09 AM
I did the one on ebay. You either use the one they seond you and program it to open your car or you use your oem one and pull apart your key and use the standard one.

Make sure you put the little magnetic immobilisor thing in with the key when you do it lmao .. oh and also, dont go to a shonky key cutter coz they had to redo mine 4 times to get it right with the length and tip of the key

taccord12
14-12-2009, 01:48 AM
sorry ! wrong facts, confirmed it works with 2009+ Euros :) just have to modify the inside of the plastic shell a little to fit the remote part inside the shell (the same model as the one longer has, 3 button honda flip key bought from Ebay).

euro1603
30-04-2010, 11:59 PM
can someone email me the link to the ebay item, there is a few, one is like $15 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-3-Button-Flip-Key-Conversion-key-shell-/390038699227?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ad01e3cdband the other one is $35 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-3-BUTTON-FLIP-REMOTE-CAR-KEY-BLANK-SHELL-/290307991587?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4397b46823 are they both the same? any recommendations? thanks

Meemoo
24-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Just bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-CASE-HONDA-Accord-Civic-CR-V-/270420423621?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories
from ebay, hopefully it will fit into a 2010 euro.
btw,on our owner manual page 138, it said south african model comes with a retractable key, I am wondering what are the chance to get the OEM one from South Africa? :honda:

kryptonite
24-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Just bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-CASE-HONDA-Accord-Civic-CR-V-/270420423621?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories
from ebay, hopefully it will fit into a 2010 euro.
btw,on our owner manual page 138, it said south african model comes with a retractable key, I am wondering what are the chance to get the OEM one from South Africa? :honda:

I actually bought this one for my 03 Euro.

no idea about '10 models.

Meemoo
24-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I actually bought this one for my 03 Euro.

no idea about '10 models.

Just msged the seller, he said it wont be compatible :( , I am hopping he will refund me since I only bought it last night...

Rhap
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
kryptonite, where can u put the immobilser chip into the new flip key housing?
I purchased http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Folding-Remote-KEY-CASE-HONDA-Accord-Civic-CR-V-/270420423621?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories
from ebay as well.
It is for my 06 euro.
I've done all the things like chips transfer etc.
it works fine except i dont know where to put the little magnet like immobiliser chip as there seems to be no room available to put it.
Cheers

AusAccord
08-09-2010, 08:27 PM
^^ open the red circle part carefully by unscrew two screws. do it slowly as inside contain a spring. you will see a slot once the metal part removed and immobilizer chip slot in the plastic round part attached with key.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2rwt4jq.jpg

Rhap
09-09-2010, 12:23 AM
got it!!
Cheers

Quest
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM

By retractable, you mean 'flip key' right?.....then yes, we do.

I can find out what this blank would cost if anyone's interested ??

EuroZed
10-09-2010, 12:55 PM
By retractable, you mean 'flip key' right?.....then yes, we do.

I can find out what this blank would cost if anyone's interested ??

i would be keen, does the transponder fit right into the new flip casing?
price yet?

Quest
10-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks for reminding me, I've emailed my parts contact @ Honda....Not sure what the diff is between OEM and the one being sold in Hong Kong wrt transponder fitment. I do have a friend with a CU2 (Greg6510 here), with his permission I can find out.....is there any risk involved in stripping the CU2 key that anyone knows off, besides the spring?

Quest
13-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Got the prices...way more expensive than the Hong Kong one. As the key casing comes in 2 pieces, they can be bought individually in ZA for

173.45 ZAR top half
644.59 ZAR bottom half
818.04 ZAR complete casing

OR

122.743 AUD complete casing

OR

114.168 USD complete casing

Meemoo
13-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Got the prices...way more expensive than the Hong Kong one. As the key casing comes in 2 pieces, they can be bought individually in ZA for

173.45 ZAR top half
644.59 ZAR bottom half
818.04 ZAR complete casing

OR

122.743 AUD complete casing

OR

114.168 USD complete casing

Is this for CU2 or CL9? any chance for a group buy?
I still havent have any luck to get one from ebay yet, they all said it'll only fit for CL9 or below.

Quest
13-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Is this for CU2 or CL9? any chance for a group buy?
This is the stock replacement item for our local CU2...I still don't know if a transplant would work between local CL9 key to local CU2 key/

I still havent have any luck to get one from ebay yet, they all said it'll only fit for CL9 or below.
As the above is way more expensive than the Hong Kong version, I'll be exploring importing the HK version for my CL9.

Meemoo
14-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Can someone post me an ebay link, I dont mind to get it a shot, I need one for CU2, thanks