PDA

View Full Version : EG CIVIC on 17x7's

kairi_k
11-02-2008, 01:14 AM
hi guys i was wanting to get some 16x7s but found a nice pair of 17x7, just wondering if 17x7's will fit nicely on a 95 EG hatch..without being lowered will it rub the guards? and does it look alright without being lowered or will it need to be dumped. i heard 6.5 is as wide as you should go on an EG hatch..Anyone rolling the same size wheels? expression of your experiences would be much appreciated..

cheers

spacepants_fb
11-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Hi dude. I am one of the few running 17s on an eg and I find that I get minimal rubbing and mine has been lowered quite extensively with koni yellow shocks and sparco springs. You will find that with the size of the rim that you will need to lower it if you don't want to have a 4wd look. Oh and I'm running 17 x 7s. You walways have the option of rolling the lip of your guards in orcer to minimize rubbing also.

rayb3na_
11-02-2008, 07:30 AM
had 17s on my sedan i think it looked pretty god dam sexy =] dropped 3 inches had my front wheels tucked into my guard rear wheels a bit of my tyre was tucked in had major issues when i had to do a 3 point turn or reverse into my driveway.. took chunks out of my tyres imo if u do go 17s dont lwoer more then 2 inch =]

kairi_k
12-02-2008, 12:26 PM
thanks guys..yea i will definetly be dropping it, u guys know anywhere to get some decent priced shocks, not too pricey? also whats the offset of the eg 45? just want to confirm..

cheers

Sydsyd
12-02-2008, 12:31 PM
EG offset is between 38-45...

spacepants_fb
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry dude I'm from sydney so am not too sure where you can get good shocks from Melbourne. If you're working on a budget and don't want to spend all your hard earned cash on coilovers, it may be worth thinking about getting koni yellow shocks (which are damper adjustable as well as height adjustable, well the front can be adjust 2 ways and rear 3 ways). In my opinion these are very good bang for buck. I managed to pick mine up second hand with sparco springs for $700 (only travelled less than 15k kms). Just have a look in the for sale part of the forum and I'm sure you'll pick yourself up a bargain. You can also try pming vteccoupe who may be able to source a set for you. :)