PDA

View Full Version : Dump pipe clearance

tekung89
11-02-2008, 08:06 PM
i need to upgrade my custom dump that i made from a 2 1/4 '' to a 3'' but dnt have much clearance room. the dump bends down just before it hits the radiator leaving 1cm clearance room between the radiator and the dump. i guess it also depends on how big the turbo is and how ur manifold positions the turbo. jus wondering if anyones kind enough to post some pics of their dump pipe

Limo
13-02-2008, 01:57 AM
ive got a few pics of my 3" dump form my b16a, but cant post them up here cos the pics are way too big. pm me your email and ill send them to you. they were able to get it to fit inbetween the block and A/C compressor, but i ended up taking the A/C out anyway (too hot in there and it didnt really work that well)

also going by your profile is seems you have a EG, so it should be abit more room as ive got a EF8 crx which has fark all room for anything.

beeza
13-02-2008, 11:14 AM
You can reduce the size of the pics in 'paint'.Just go to image at the top the 'stretch/skew'.

Limo
15-02-2008, 05:08 PM
heres a few pics.

tekung89: note that im using a 1/2 size radiator but the stock one would run along and just touch the wastegate. but as you can see it stays very close to the block, so there's plenty of room there.

beeza, the only prob is i only have 2mb of pics to upload, and my net has be capped rite now.. so its very slow to upload big pics

Limbo
15-02-2008, 05:10 PM
time to loose the A/C it looks like

tekung89
15-02-2008, 06:49 PM
looks good, my turbo actually sits the other way for simplicity sake wen it came for me to make the dump. thanks for posting the pics

Limo
16-02-2008, 03:06 PM
time to loose the A/C it looks like

nah the dump clears the a/c compressor, i had it made like that so i could reconnect the a/c. but i dont have any room under there for the core:(. gets pretty bad during summer