PDA

View Full Version : warranty question on new fd

deepulse
11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey,

I've got a 07 civic fd which i got around sept last year.

If i install the start button ignition will it void the warranty of the car?

OMG.JAI xD
11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
if you mess with OEM wiring harness' or re routing electrical current by exploiting (cutting and re soldering) original wires .. then .. yes.

how .. ever.

IF. it is a OEM honda aftermarket accesorry. and is fitted by a honda dealer.
then.. no.
oh .. and depends if your honda dealer are c ock heads.
some just dont care :/
really nothing special about a start button, unless you have a TEG reader (electronic key). or smart card.

only good thing is you can hide the start button .
so your car has a less likely chance of being stolen.

still .. nothing wrong with the s2k look =]

FallenAngel
12-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Not quite true. If you install the push button and have a problem with the starting circuit then the warranty MAY be void. It you install the starter button and your wheel bearings go bad they will still be covered. Modifications will normally void ONLY the area of modifications not the whole warranty.;)

Agreed!! :thumbsup:

dmx
12-02-2008, 06:35 PM
if you mess with OEM wiring harness' or re routing electrical current by exploiting (cutting and re soldering) original wires .. then .. yes.

how .. ever.

IF. it is a OEM honda aftermarket accesorry. and is fitted by a honda dealer.
then.. no.
oh .. and depends if your honda dealer are c ock heads.
some just dont care :/
really nothing special about a start button, unless you have a TEG reader (electronic key). or smart card.

only good thing is you can hide the start button .
so your car has a less likely chance of being stolen.

still .. nothing wrong with the s2k look =]

void warranty, yes for electrical cabling around that but i don't installing engine button will cause something major problems. it's like installing alarm system, void warranty but small chance to get major problems. my 2cents is mods anything u like but not on engine area. coz if not under warranty, engine problems will cost u alot(1000 +), but if only brakes/wheels/electrical problems and not under warranty, i think we still can afford it:D

installing engine button doesn't mean u car would be easier to get stolen, u still have ur immobilizer running, u still need a key to power up the engine.doesn;t mean ppl just break ur glass - jump in - push button and drive away.not as simple as that.

but right, nothing special, it's not smart key system. only like type-r looks (not s2k) :cool:

BC8
12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
so guys, if I install a alarm system on my new fd1, it will only void wty on the electrical cabling/system but not the whole warranty? So im still safe if something goes wrong in the future with the engine or whatnot.
Can anyone confirm this? I will call Honda Aus to find out.

dmx
12-02-2008, 08:25 PM
so guys, if I install a alarm system on my new fd1, it will only void wty on the electrical cabling/system but not the whole warranty? So im still safe if something goes wrong in the future with the engine or whatnot.
from my words, yes. but once again, i'm not honda aus:D
logically, what the relation between installing alarm with the failure of my engine pistons ???:confused:

OMG.JAI xD
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
lol i guess i shudda said just a tad bit more eh? -.-"

maybe its cause the dealer i work at dont realli give a damn .

=]

s2o0o
12-02-2008, 09:37 PM
lol i guess i shudda said just a tad bit more eh? -.-"

maybe its cause the dealer i work at dont realli give a damn .

=]

What sort of dealer installs aftermarket parts? (Bar window tint/reverse sensors etc..)

I'm sure they don't want to be reliable for any workmanship damages or faulty parts which damage/affect anything else.

s2o0o
12-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Given that some dealers sell optional alarm upgrades (from Motor1, Ming, etc..); it shouldn't void the warranty.

Just say your cam seal pops off and oil is pissing everywhere - this is at no fault to the alarm. The alarm did not cause this.

Bear in mind if the alarm internally faults on it's own - your Honda dealer probably won't be able to fix/re-fit it. You'll need to go to the place who fitted the alarm.