PDA

View Full Version : ep3 ctr stock dyno

SuperSteve
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Hey guys.

Thanks to the terrific people at Toda Racing i got my ep3 ctr dyno'ed 2day and here was the outcome. My car is completely stock.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1694/ep3stockdynoos0.th.jpg (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ep3stockdynoos0.jpg)

Nepolian
12-02-2008, 05:49 PM
That great for stock Steve, but expected tho. Not bad for a stocker!

Guess where VTEC kicked in!

Im about to get mine dynoed too with I/H/E. Let you know what the difference is!

Chi
12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Nice....

Definately potential with mods.

kongfu
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
That great for stock Steve, but expected tho. Not bad for a stocker!

Guess where VTEC kicked in!

Im about to get mine dynoed too with I/H/E. Let you know what the difference is!

BY having I/H/E should be around 130 to 135kw at wheel.:thumbsup:

NightRyder
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow..impressive for stock...would assume mine would be the same.

George, did you manage to get the headlight housing back?

Nepolian
13-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Wow..impressive for stock...would assume mine would be the same.

George, did you manage to get the headlight housing back?

Hey Paul, they're asking stupid questions, like...........oh is the headlight broken and it was done under the ADR rules etc.........no direct answer as why they cant give or sell me the headlights back? :(

Funny cause in my email it said clearly, am I able to get or buy back the original head lights??? Oh well, Im happy with the ones I have anyway. :)

NightRyder
13-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Hmm...well as long as you're happy with it, then that's what counts. :)

typercivic
13-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey Paul, they're asking stupid questions, like...........oh is the headlight broken and it was done under the ADR rules etc.........no direct answer as why they cant give or sell me the headlights back? :(

Funny cause in my email it said clearly, am I able to get or buy back the original head lights??? Oh well, Im happy with the ones I have anyway. :)

is this from compliance your headlight issue? who did you go through if you don't mind me asking? if you do, just ignore me lol

Nepolian
14-02-2008, 07:48 PM
is this from compliance your headlight issue? who did you go through if you don't mind me asking? if you do, just ignore me lol

Bought the car complied (In Brisbane, I believe). Its just that this particular compliance shop swaps the original HID headlights with std reflector type ones from the EU I assume.

I emailed them to get or buy it back and they're basically playing silly buggers. Thats life.......better things to worry about :)

warwick108
14-02-2008, 09:51 PM
omg I want a ep3.. =((

typercivic
14-02-2008, 10:02 PM
ohh k yeh. I bought one at auction on sat(05 27000km grade 4.5)so should be good and should be leaving end of this month but has to head over east to get complied before being sent to perth so that's why been asking everyone about compliancing.

Yeh as long as you are happy with the car the headlights are an extra that might not be worth hassle like you said. :)

SuperSteve
14-02-2008, 10:21 PM
My headlights on my ep3 are SLIGHTLY a bit yellow not full on clear. Is that what is wrong with ur headlights Nepolian ??

Nepolian
15-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Bought the car complied (In Brisbane, I believe). Its just that this particular compliance shop swaps the original HID headlights with std reflector type ones from the EU I assume.

I emailed them to get or buy it back and they're basically playing silly buggers. Thats life.......better things to worry about :)

Like I said :)

SPEEDCORE
15-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Wonder why they chose to do that :confused:
Oh and didn't know the prefacelift was HID... which makes it even worse of loss :(

typercivic
15-02-2008, 11:36 AM
apparently the update model headlights/xenons didn't pass the ADR. From what I have been told workshops for compliance either pull out the xenon component and put a halogen part in or they take the whole headlight out and replace with a pre-facelift one(like Nepolian said)

egads
15-02-2008, 04:09 PM
its because they dont have the required headlight washers/squirters?

Nepolian
16-02-2008, 03:37 AM
its because they dont have the required headlight washers/squirters?

What??

egads
16-02-2008, 07:04 AM
washer jets for the xenon headlights. like the ones for your windscreen.

NightRyder
16-02-2008, 09:05 AM
a requirement by ADR is to have washers for your HID lights but because the japanese cars don't need them, and ADR requires them for Aus standards, compliance fails.
Don't know why it is such a big deal to have these washers so if anyone happens to work or know someone who works for the Ministry of Transport, do tell!!

Nepolian
16-02-2008, 12:01 PM
WTF! I have never even heard of washers for HID's/Xenon etc......what for?? :s

I thought washer for headlight were a gimmick for highend cars so that they can justify the $$ :P

bennjamin
16-02-2008, 12:09 PM
a requirement by ADR is to have washers for your HID lights but because the japanese cars don't need them, and ADR requires them for Aus standards, compliance fails.
Don't know why it is such a big deal to have these washers so if anyone happens to work or know someone who works for the Ministry of Transport, do tell!!

aussie cars with HID's , need the washers to keep the outer clean.
Why ?
To avoid gunk/mud/whatever on the outside , and causing scatter of the HID light beam. IE glare :thumbsup:

NightRyder
16-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks benji, I had a feeling it was probably something that simple but just wasn't sure..hehe..anyway, if they need washers they might as well add the mini wipers to clean it properly...just like those old Saab cars..

SPEEDCORE
21-02-2008, 06:57 AM
So are these monkeys hacking up the wiring for the headlights in anyway to change over to the EU lights?

Nepolian
21-02-2008, 07:14 AM
So are these monkeys hacking up the wiring for the headlights in anyway to change over to the EU lights?

If your are refering to what I said....then yes. The chop it up and wired in H4 style connectors. Not only that! they didnt even put the dust covers on the back of the housing, so it was open :thumbdwn: Talk about attention to detail!

Mind you, not all the compliance places are doing this tho. A few of the EP3's Ive seen still has the factory lights.

JDMEP3R
21-02-2008, 10:09 AM
hay man is that total stock does it have any modes

SuperSteve
21-02-2008, 10:40 AM
hay man is that total stock does it have any modes

completely stock as a rock mate. Nothing has been done to my car yet. Stock intake stock exhaust stock jdm headers stock everything. OOo only thing not stock is my car seat covers :) i think i get a few extra kw out of them hehe LAWL

But yeah car is a stocker

Nepolian
21-02-2008, 03:36 PM
completely stock as a rock mate. Nothing has been done to my car yet. Stock intake stock exhaust stock jdm headers stock everything. OOo only thing not stock is my car seat covers :) i think i get a few extra kw out of them hehe LAWL

But yeah car is a stocker

Man if its a "SNAP-ON" cover its gotta be worth 10 extra KW!!!! :p

Nepolian
22-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi EP3 owners,

I'm looking to organise a SRi with some fancy shielding or a custom CAI. I have been quoted about 200 - 250 to have one made up. If I can get two more other people we should be able to keep it low. Thats with some kind of pod factored in. Atm looking at the pipes as everyone can get their own pod.

I need a show of hands to see who is interested. Remember something like injen is almost $500.

Steve/Paul........since mine is not stock anymore, I need to initially test it on a stock car. ??

Anyway, if no interests, I'll just help myself! :)

Cheers!

typercivic
22-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Nepolian, I would be interested depending on price but for what you qouted definitely keen as long as you don't mind sending it across the country lol.

you think you would go with stainless piping?

TODA AU
22-02-2008, 01:55 PM
SRI = Garbage...
Use a CAI... Don't think... Just believe. :p

Nepolian
22-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Just believe, like going to church :)

Nepolian, I would be interested depending on price but for what you qouted definitely keen as long as you don't mind sending it across the country lol.

you think you would go with stainless piping?

I would not bother if it costed any more, will use aluminium, alot lighter!

It will be tested to see if it works!

typercivic
22-02-2008, 07:33 PM

I would not bother if it costed any more, will use aluminium, alot lighter!

It will be tested to see if it works!

yeh sounds sweet. straight bolt on with whatever nipple and what not on it?

i'm in no rush anyway but let us know how you go. are you gonna get it happening soon?

thanks mate

Nepolian
22-02-2008, 08:47 PM
yeh sounds sweet. straight bolt on with whatever nipple and what not on it?

i'm in no rush anyway but let us know how you go. are you gonna get it happening soon?

thanks mate

Nipple!? :confused:

Are you talking about the factory elbow? Then yes! it will con straight off the t/b and down under the battery!

SuperSteve
22-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry nepolian ive already got my hands on a Gruppe M intake which i should b getting within a couple of weeks hopefully hehe :) gl with the intake mate

TODA AU
23-02-2008, 09:11 AM
LOL... Yeah, kinda like that... :p

typercivic
23-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Nipple!? :confused:

Are you talking about the factory elbow? Then yes! it will con straight off the t/b and down under the battery!

there usually is a nipple on the intake for a reading but might not have on on an ep3. sounds interesting, will wait to hear from you.

Nepolian
24-02-2008, 07:23 PM
You're talking about the air temp sensor? If so, thats the easiest mod!

ChineseBoi
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
argh so envious LOL i've got a wanna-be, 04 Vi :(