PDA

View Full Version : Can't rem what these are called?

Limbo
13-02-2008, 12:59 PM
You know there was a little invention for the piping bit inbetween the arms of a CAI what allowed the engine to breathe and prevent hydro lock.

Can anyone rem what they call those things?
Also anyone know where to get one from?

aaronng
13-02-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=20

Elwood
13-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I woudn't let hydrolock scare you that much Limbo. The only real thing the air bypass valve will do is restrict air flow =\.

Limbo
13-02-2008, 06:54 PM
thanks arronng

How does it restrict flow? I would have thought it would have increased flow as the air could be sucked from an extra point

Nepolian
13-02-2008, 07:20 PM
thanks arronng

How does it restrict flow? I would have thought it would have increased flow as the air could be sucked from an extra point

Thats, it! I'm gonna order a two or three bypass filters with my CAI :p

aaronng
13-02-2008, 07:40 PM
thanks arronng

The bypass is closed during normal operation. You don't get extra air from it. It restricts flow because a CAI without the bypass has a smoother path than a CAI with a bypass.

dsp26
17-02-2008, 01:00 PM
^^^you guys sure?? seen a few different in the flesh from mesh to foam and theres no mechanism to it.. it's just an inline pod with slightly (purposefully) more restrictive material.

Air flows path of least restriction through main pod then the cai.. it is when the pod is submerged/wet/blocked that air will divert through the bypass filter automatically as it becomes the path of least restriction...