PDA

View Full Version : ebay manifold ftl

tekung89
13-02-2008, 03:10 PM
wen a manifold cracks, white smoke come out of it wen u rev right? well my manifold is spitting out some smoke but its hard to see because its coming from the centre were all 4 ports come together. i can see white smoke come out of that area wen reving, also the boost from 7psi has dropped to sometimes 4-6psi.
can someone confirm that wat im having is a cracked manifold?
also anyone out there selling sohc t3 manifolds?

DreadAngel
13-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Thats what you get for buying off ebay XD

Zilli
13-02-2008, 03:37 PM
mate if there is something coming out of your exhaust, which generally is created to route gas out without leaking, i would take an educated guess and say that your manifold has a hole in it... ????

Limbo
13-02-2008, 07:02 PM
its normal for it to crack near the welds, especially if they use cheap welding material.

Buy a proper manifold, no more cheap ebay crap

xntrik
13-02-2008, 07:53 PM
wen a manifold cracks, white smoke come out of it wen u rev right? well my manifold is spitting out some smoke but its hard to see because its coming from the centre were all 4 ports come together. i can see white smoke come out of that area wen reving, also the boost from 7psi has dropped to sometimes 4-6psi.
can someone confirm that wat im having is a cracked manifold?
also anyone out there selling sohc t3 manifolds?

ebay manifold = lose boost ftw.

mrwillz
13-02-2008, 08:00 PM
indeed FTL
least u got that part right

tekung89
13-02-2008, 08:26 PM
next manifold will be the typoon type that a member on here has on his ek d16 =) if not then it will be log style manifold made from cast rod iron or some shiet

FastFwd
14-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Tekung89 - Read this link below. I made the same mistake + plus others with manifold. This should help you out.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80577

yah mum
14-02-2008, 01:27 PM
cars to powerful man! cracked the manifold tim!:P

MikeLary
14-02-2008, 01:53 PM
hey mate i agree if its a stainless manifold off ebay their usually dodgy, im running a cast iron one and it handles anything perfectly, id recommend them if your on a budget and need something that works, their not designed to flow in the most efficient way though

Couper_Trooper
14-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Ebay Manifold ftw! j/k... lol

my cars been boosted for about 5 months now on shitty ebay kit n still boosting hard as ever...

maybe im one of the lucky ones.. hehehe

i'll knock on wood 2 be safe though..:D

Weq
14-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Ebay Manifold ftw! j/k... lol

my cars been boosted for about 5 months now on shitty ebay kit n still boosting hard as ever...

maybe im one of the lucky ones.. hehehe

i'll knock on wood 2 be safe though..:D

I hate when anyone condones a sh*tty ebay kit. You will eventually get bitten. Its not a matter of if, its when.

DLO01
14-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I hate when anyone condones a sh*tty ebay kit. You will eventually get bitten. Its not a matter of if, its when.

^^^ Agree. :thumbsup:

Not to worry Tekung, time to get a new manifold and you'll be boosting better than ever. :cool:

FastFwd
14-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Yeh sorry to say Couper_trooper, we've talked about this before he's right. i mean mine took 6 months to fail. yours may take longer but in the end when it happens you'll be soo angry with yourself you'll realize what we mean.

Couper_Trooper
14-02-2008, 05:56 PM

ur saying this as if u think i dont know what to expect from the outcome...

did i really sound that serious b4? why would i mention "knocking on wood" if i thought my ebay kit was gonna last?

FastFwd
14-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Chill bro, but yer i know whatcha saying. Meh! sssall good you got boost atm so take your life a quatermile at a time, and have soo much torque u twist chassis. But dont bring the busta back to the forts. lol rambling byes

MikeLary
14-02-2008, 09:39 PM

lol ur an agressive bloke in all threads... funny sh*t the keyboard warriors on here

pwr2w8
14-02-2008, 10:33 PM
here you go, quality manifold at top price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PFAB-Honda-Acura-Turbo-Manifold-T3-T4-B16-B18-B20_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ007QQitemZ 170191445112QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

tekung89
15-02-2008, 12:14 AM
yeh i thought i would've gotten away with the ebay manifold for abit longer but 6months + it died. time for a new manifold, maybe i should jus stick with a log style manifold or might go the tsunami. also i will need a new dump pipe probably made up because these manifold will make my turbo sit differently

CAST IRON LOG STYLE - $200AU including postage
http://www.speedyracer.com/piclib/p/MF015_1.jpg

TSUNAMI STYLE - $250AU including postage, could this be another cheap ebay manifold with another style? *this is not the RAMHORN
http://www.stockreco.com/d16tsunman02.jpg

tekung89
15-02-2008, 12:47 AM
cars to powerful man! cracked the manifold tim!:P

nah man , manifold was jus dodgey :P but damn straight the car powerful :D

FastFwd
15-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Tekung if your looking for something cheap to get you buy That one will do. Cast iron ones will rarely fail. But there might be a decrease in power...not that much it just might be top end loss. But if your not to worried and just need a quick fix get this...OR theres a few guys selling Second hand steam pipe or quality stainless manifolds either on here or on www.hondatech.com.au for around 200-500 which might be a better option. Also dude you probably already know but make sure your turbo will fit on that cast iron one, most of those are t3/t4 flanges so if you got a Gt28, 25 etc they wont fit.

MikeLary
15-02-2008, 08:29 AM
like i said before the cast irons have never been known to break on anyone i know or heard off, if u object please provide proof, however being a user myself, id say they flow pretty crappy due to their design and where the wastegate port is mounted etc...

his right about the t3/t4 flange, if u want u can get a adapter which is $100 usually so that just means ur spending alot more on a cast iron ebay mani then ud want to

stay away from the stainless ebay ones....

Weq
15-02-2008, 10:29 AM
lol ur an agressive bloke in all threads... funny sh*t the keyboard warriors on here

Sorry to ruin your fantasy, but when u see me on the street, i will talk exactly the same sh*t too you. Fact is, keyboard is the easiest way to get my point across. When you have helped as many n00bs are me over the years, only too see sh*t being kicked back in my face, you get jilted.

like i said before the cast irons have never been known to break on anyone i know or heard off, if u object please provide proof, however being a user myself, id say they flow pretty crappy due to their design and where the wastegate port is mounted etc...

his right about the t3/t4 flange, if u want u can get a adapter which is $100 usually so that just means ur spending alot more on a cast iron ebay mani then ud want to

stay away from the stainless ebay ones....

You wont see a cast manifold snap, but u will see them develop cracks. This is just generally speaking though, the quality of ebay cast manifolds are on par with anything else. Good for a budget.

MikeLary
15-02-2008, 10:43 AM
fair enough, two different opinions i guess, one from someone not using the items , one from someone whos been using the cast iron for over 2 years now....

Limbo
15-02-2008, 11:32 AM
i've only seen a cracked cast one on a GTR r34 making close around 600hp
Its a rare sight

dsp26
15-02-2008, 11:54 AM
we all know SS ebay manifolds are crap.. especially an oh so well known copy brand...

but has anyone actually tried the cast ones floating on ebay? some of them look the goods...

**EDIT**
nevermind.. a few days late to ask and its been addressed a few posts up already :)

tekung89
15-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Tekung if your looking for something cheap to get you buy That one will do. Cast iron ones will rarely fail. But there might be a decrease in power...not that much it just might be top end loss. But if your not to worried and just need a quick fix get this...OR theres a few guys selling Second hand steam pipe or quality stainless manifolds either on here or on www.hondatech.com.au for around 200-500 which might be a better option. Also dude you probably already know but make sure your turbo will fit on that cast iron one, most of those are t3/t4 flanges so if you got a Gt28, 25 etc they wont fit.

thanks for the help buddy, will be looking around for some manifolds. i mean 200 is quite cheap for the cast iron one, and it can get me by long enough for me to decide and save up for a ramhorn.

FastFwd
15-02-2008, 01:34 PM
thanks for the help buddy, will be looking around for some manifolds. i mean 200 is quite cheap for the cast iron one, and it can get me by long enough for me to decide and save up for a ramhorn.

No probs, I've been in the same place you have about a year ago trying to decide weather to go cast to get my by on the cheep or real quality stainless with expense untill not long ago i found out about steam pipe so i got myself one. But yeh dont worry bout the cast they wont break hey. and the ebay cast ones are almost as good as the branded ones, similar thickness and design so if your buying cast i dont see why you should pay more than ebay prices.

good luck with it all Cheers!!

Weq
18-02-2008, 11:09 AM
fair enough, two different opinions i guess, one from someone not using the items , one from someone whos been using the cast iron for over 2 years now....

I said do you research before calling me out retard.

Weq
18-02-2008, 11:14 AM
i've only seen a cracked cast one on a GTR r34 making close around 600hp
Its a rare sight

Its a common problem for greddy and hks manifolds for d-series cracking.. Stock honda exhaust manifolds are also known for there development of cracks/leaks. Its not as common as ssac manifolds breaking, but u do get defects.... It wouldnt stop be from buying one though, thats for sure. Cast is a cheap way to get a reliable manifold setup. Its not the best for power sakes, but they get the job done damn well.

DreadAngel
18-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Weq's a retard :p XD

STR8E180
19-02-2008, 08:24 AM
the joys of a stainless manifold
most stainless manifolds which are sold are 306 and 216 grade stainless which isnt very good for heat and they tend to crack
the only stainless manifold i would trust using my car would have to be a full-race manifold
any thing other then that is pretty much junk even HKS and trust manifolds are made from 316 grade stainless and ive had to repair cracks in them as well

E240 Edit: No Trader Sales.

DLO01
19-02-2008, 12:30 PM
There are a lot of manufacturers in the US that produce quality manifolds, not just Full Race. You just need to look around. :thumbsup:

Weq
20-02-2008, 01:39 PM
There are a lot of manufacturers in the US that produce quality manifolds, not just Full Race. You just need to look around. :thumbsup:

Blasphemy!!