PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of D2 Adjustable Suspension??

allstylemotorsports
13-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey all,

I have found on Ebay the D2 Adjustable Suspension and wanted to know if anyone here has them and if they are good for the price $1000 delivered.

Please let me know as I need some suspension for my Civic and need to lower it.

Thanks,
Tom

SiReal
13-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Tom,

Be prepared for flaming as alot of people who have never used them will say they are crap, even though, as said before, they have never used them.

People will say, stick to the branded stuff lke Tein, BuddyClub, etc, even though the lower and more commonly purchased models of those 'brand names' are all made in taiwan, mostly by the same factory with slight enhancemtns and distributed through different channels.

Both of my mates have used D2s. One has them very low on his ride, and has not had a single problem. They are excellent as street use suspension, low cost and will probably serve all the needs you require them for. He will swear by them.

I personalyl haevnt used them, but I have sat in them and was very impressed at their dampening for their price.

I say, go for it, provided it has a warranty with the purchase.

Bludger
13-02-2008, 06:49 PM
moved

to the susy & handling forum

i would make a good moderator

lol

SiReal
13-02-2008, 06:50 PM
i would move it if i could lol hahahha go Bau!

Cold Fusion
13-02-2008, 07:03 PM
i got D2s and i do NOT have a problem wiht them at all, i find they are a good coilover and do the job well...

i hate it how people who dont even have them and hear from a mates mates mate who herd there crap and then bad mouth them

bennjamin
13-02-2008, 07:12 PM
these , as "adjustable" suspension DO work and "DO" the job.

But , the quality of the parts used is not on par with other more expensive suspension. They will chip more easily , will bend more easily etc. I dont think they will last as long as other brand name stuff.
I have installed these on a few cars and frankly wasnt too impressed with the overall quality both new and 2nd hand

iced
13-02-2008, 09:12 PM
search mate
there has been plenty discussion in the sussy section.

dynosaur
13-02-2008, 11:15 PM
$1000 delivered ? where ?

vtec-dr
13-02-2008, 11:22 PM
D2 coilovers are not the best my friend had them on his em1 and the shock itself shat itself as it had gas leaks and the shock permantly compressed. try tein or BC as i have used these on my em1 and dc5r and they are pretty good and u get wat u pay for

Int3gra-T
14-02-2008, 12:10 AM
there are numerous threads on this already..
lots of ups and downs..
but i give them the thumbs up.. no problems.
good luck.

milkman
14-02-2008, 12:15 AM
So, D2 hey? How much R&D do they put into their coilovers?

allstylemotorsports
14-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks guys for all your comments.

It a hard decision with people saying they are good, and others saying they aren't.

I guess I will see what else I can get for around the 1g mark and then have the choice.

Thanks again everyone,
Tom

iced
14-02-2008, 02:42 PM
dont buy grey import D2 from NZ.
warranty will suck balls.

if you have 1200-1300 get g4's.
they come with 2yr warranty.

aaronng
14-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Both of my mates have used D2s. One has them very low on his ride, and has not had a single problem. They are excellent as street use suspension, low cost and will probably serve all the needs you require them for. He will swear by them.

If you are referring to Atjo with the D2 adjustables, they were shocking (pun intended) in terms of build quality when we removed them off his car. For that $1000 off ebay, I'd rather grey-import some BC or Tein SS for a similar price.

allstylemotorsports
14-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks guys!!

Are the G4's any good? As iced said they have 2yr warranty I can get them from Sydney!!

dynosaur
14-02-2008, 07:29 PM
If you are referring to Atjo with the D2 adjustables, they were shocking (pun intended) in terms of build quality when we removed them off his car. For that $1000 off ebay, I'd rather grey-import some BC or Tein SS for a similar price.

r u sure we can them with that price from eBay ?

I never c any two of them ever show in eBay with that price...

would u mind to show me where is it ? thanks

jdm_kid
14-02-2008, 10:53 PM
damn man
go to ebay.com.au and type in d2 suspension. found alot of things.

aaronng
15-02-2008, 12:14 AM
r u sure we can them with that price from eBay ?

I never c any two of them ever show in eBay with that price...

would u mind to show me where is it ? thanks

Try and contact the HK parts shops.

ordinary
15-02-2008, 07:19 AM
I had D2s on my R32 GTR and they were horrible - bought brand new. Damping rates were very low and springs very stiff meaning i was bouncing down the road rather than driving on it. Worse still, when you hit a bump (or dip) mid corner the car bucked so voilently that i would have changed lanes!

I pulled them apart and testing the dampers and found them to be not as stiff in compression (so the springs did all the work) and not much stiffer in rebound no matter how i adjusted them than the standard shocks (with high kms).

This was on a much bigger and heavier car than a Honda so im not sure how they would be, but on the GTR they were so bad i sold them after only a few drives.

I guess the only good news is that the springs are interchangeable. Half the spring rates from standard fit at D2 and they may be ok...

dynosaur
18-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Try and contact the HK parts shops.

in HK ? any1 that u can refer me ?

thanks

kongfu
18-02-2008, 05:07 PM
D2 is crap. No need to waste your money on that!

CTR Coupe
18-02-2008, 06:30 PM
To quote myself once again

I would avoid the cheep and nasties
like the D2's and clones.

these may seem bang for buck but you would be better off with going with a lower spec Tein/Cusco/BC model rather than these. They will cost you more in the long run.

Remember that like Tires, wheels and brakes your suspention is a safety feature and catastrophic failure could result in you being seriously inured or even killed. Its not an item i would be scrimping on.

If your on a budget i would be looking at going with Koni Yellow + springs option rather than going down the "cheep" coilover route. It may end up costing you more than you think.....

SHIFTY
18-02-2008, 07:33 PM
i had D2's when i bought it and sold em ASAP.. didnt whant them in my car.. they where so stiff, which was stupid considering they where not good enough quility 2 be a good track sussy.. so i whent for buddy club race spec.. although i track my car and participate in supersprints ect i needed a good setup..

go for the G4's they are slightly better then D2's!

Chi
18-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Tried D2's a few times.

Will never go back to them.

You'd have a better chance with decent branded used coilovers that are 5 years old.

pauli20
26-02-2008, 10:43 PM
well i used to have the G4's on my R33 skyline and they arnt so bad for the price range, since they were my first set of coilovers they didnt seam so bad but when i had a ride in a mates ek with tien coilovers they seamed so much more comfortable to ride in for everyday driving, so i would recomend G4's since your on a low budget

ordinary
27-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Spend your money shocks like Koni or KYB or simular, Whiteline swaybars and aftermarket springs and you'll have a much better handling car that isnt going to spit you off into the bushes everytime you hit a bump mid-corner! If moneys the biggest problem then hold off on the springs and just do the shocks and swaybars.

D2 and the likes have very stiff springs, very limited travel and terrible shocks that rely on the spring only for compression...

yakuza
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
What about Racing Logic? are they good? As what i saw they are pretty much same as Tein, I would say only different is Tein is made in Japan, Racing Logic is made in Taiwan.
Is anyone use it before?

aaronng
04-03-2008, 04:38 PM
What about Racing Logic? are they good? As what i saw they are pretty much same as Tein, I would say only different is Tein is made in Japan, Racing Logic is made in Taiwan.
Is anyone use it before?

RX-8 guys have the same problems with both these coilovers because the dimensions are almost the same. I reckon that Racing Logic coils are from the same manufacturer as D2. They are just different OEM brands.

bankids
05-03-2008, 09:43 AM
d2=g4=k sports.
bc= rip off of buddy club

WPN.22R
05-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I have D2 emailing me from Taiwan pushing me to become a distributor for their products.

I honestly haven't heard any good things about their sussy.

grumpy rooster
05-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Everyone with a workshop is getting the same email. They are looking for a new Australian distributor but having trouble finding one. :)

bennjamin
06-03-2008, 02:25 PM
strange that lol.

IZY-10
07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
the question will always be asked because 'd2' is not a large enough word to search. As for the coilovers go for it good for street use

aaronng
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
the question will always be asked because 'd2' is not a large enough word to search. As for the coilovers go for it good for street use

Yeah, you have to search for D2* instead.

aramiK
07-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Tom,

Be prepared for flaming as alot of people who have never used them will say they are crap, even though, as said before, they have never used them.

People will say, stick to the branded stuff lke Tein, BuddyClub, etc, even though the lower and more commonly purchased models of those 'brand names' are all made in taiwan, mostly by the same factory with slight enhancemtns and distributed through different channels.

I personalyl haevnt used them, but I have sat in them and was very impressed at their dampening for their price.

I say, go for it, provided it has a warranty with the purchase.

I agree, I've been using them for about 3 months now, and they are great...

czy_sol87
09-03-2008, 11:20 PM
same with me i've found them very good, been using mine for bout 1.5 years now and not a single problem with them,

IZY-10
09-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, you have to search for D2* instead.

thanks for the advice i never knew that. Should put that in a sticky somewhere for all the new comers.