PDA

View Full Version : Search & Replace

dsp26
13-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi...

was just wondering if its possible for site admins to remove all instances of a string from an entire thread?

Bludger
14-02-2008, 12:05 AM
rephrase what you mean

i didn't understand......

i know i'm not an admin, just want to know what you're asking them...

dsp26
14-02-2008, 06:40 AM
^^^lol yeah you do... i need a mass search of "dsp26" done on a certain thread and have it removed :p

Q_ball
14-02-2008, 08:05 AM
So, in lamans terms, u want all your posts soft deleted from public view in a particular thread?
If so lol, link me baby

wynode
14-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Is this in relation to the contents of the particular thread? Not sure if it is possible on a particular thread only.

dsp26
14-02-2008, 08:32 AM
lol to keep it simple.. my mrs has learned to search for my username on google... and posts of mine from threads on every forum i'm a member of are popping up... even 2 recent posts on OH within the first 2 pages...

now this may seem funny but i don't think she'd appreciate my contribution to the Hot Chicks thread if a search for my username links her to that.

Was just wondering if you guys could please remove it... please???

Q_ball
14-02-2008, 08:58 AM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL @ reason - ill see wat i can do...

edit: wait, im at work so i aint touching that thread... if not done by the end of the day, ill help ya out when im home

dsp26
14-02-2008, 09:02 AM
thanks a heap!!! you can understand right??

***EDIT***
oh and have this threa compeltely deleted after if it ain't too much to ask? you know the world we live in... incriminating evidence and all....

bennjamin
14-02-2008, 09:17 AM
BWHAHAHAHA

just pm a mod next time dude - the lady might be able to find this thread too ehehe

krogoth
14-02-2008, 10:01 AM
LOLZ

NOOOOoooooooooOOoOoOoOo

dont delete it, take of her internet connection

tell her ur doing a service to the boyz of ozhonda, have mercieeee, lawl

beeza
14-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Hahaha,I understand man.I needed a good laugh/pick me up THANK U :)

dc2dc2dc2
14-02-2008, 10:57 AM
roflcopter
she's defintly holding out tonight.
bad boy...

dsp26
14-02-2008, 04:34 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL @ reason - ill see wat i can do...

edit: wait, im at work so i aint touching that thread... if not done by the end of the day, ill help ya out when im home

thanks mate... i'm assuming then it is possible...

unfortunately i cannot visit OH over the next 3 days as I will be with the mrs :)

Can any mod who comes across to read this entire thread please delete it

I will just contact a mod directly via PM regarding the outcome.

Once again thanks!! It is muchly appreciated.. trust me!!!

wynode
14-02-2008, 05:09 PM
lol to keep it simple.. my mrs has learned to search for my username on google... and posts of mine from threads on every forum i'm a member of are popping up... even 2 recent posts on OH within the first 2 pages...

now this may seem funny but i don't think she'd appreciate my contribution to the Hot Chicks thread if a search for my username links her to that.

Was just wondering if you guys could please remove it... please???

Just so yourself and other are aware.

Nothing personal but you are responsible for your posts and if you don't want them out there you need to go through your posts and delete them. It is not up to the moderators to do this for you as they have enough work as it is.

If it is any help.....she probably can't see the newer lounge posts because you need to be signed into see them.

dsp26
15-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Just so yourself and other are aware.

Nothing personal but you are responsible for your posts and if you don't want them out there you need to go through your posts and delete them. It is not up to the moderators to do this for you as they have enough work as it is.

If it is any help.....she probably can't see the newer lounge posts because you need to be signed into see them.

all good mate i understand.... just that even if i deleted all my posts... my actual username being posted by others cannot be deleted... therefore i'd still get the "babe, wtf do you have deleted posts in a Hot Chicks thread? hiding something dear..."

i'm just merely feeding the hungry mob :) cmon we all know we have to visit that thread when it gets bumped by anyone