PDA

View Full Version : Warning Lights

TEMPTN
13-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Today all of a sudden 2 warrning light came on
VSA and Malfunction indicator lamp sum stuff to do with engines emmission control??
Ive got stock zorst so donno how i get that
ive turned the car on and off few times and still get the same warning light on
anyone with ideas??
is it warranty covered??

E-Gene
13-02-2008, 10:41 PM
If you are in Melb I've got a Scantool that can determine what the exact problem is.

TEMPTN
13-02-2008, 10:48 PM
If you are in Melb I've got a Scantool that can determine what the exact problem is.

will it tell u if a o2 sensor is playing up
and which 1 if more than 1?

E-Gene
13-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes it will.

Rein
14-02-2008, 11:12 AM
lol... dude thats wat happend when my wheels were about to come off... you mustve went over a pot hole or a hump and damaged the sensors. if you start hearing clucking noise.. be very careful..

check if any of your wheels are very hot, and shake them and see if any of them wobbles..

Pumped
14-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Happened to me one time when an o2 sensor burnt out.

Try and find someone with an OBD2 scan tool, should pinpoint the problem

EuroDude
14-02-2008, 11:22 AM
You can get OBD2 readers from ebay for $30-$50+

Here's a decent looking one
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/V-checker-OBD2-Code-Reader-Electronic-Car-Diagnostics_W0QQitemZ260211553067QQihZ016QQcategor yZ32053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rein
14-02-2008, 11:24 AM
i dont think warranty will cover it, because the cause of the damage is because your car is very low. im assuming you have the same problem that i had. was driving normally then out of the blue the VSA and warning lights just turned on.. i turned on/off the engine hopping that it will go away but it doesnt. then as i kept driving all the sudden i heard a "cluck cluck" noise coming from one of the rear wheel. and thats when i started panicking and went straight to my auto mechanic. found out that i broke my bearings, brake pads gone and sensors damaged.

EuroDude
14-02-2008, 11:31 AM
dayam perhaps a camber kit may have avoided the problem

TEMPTN
14-02-2008, 11:59 AM
well VSA light has turned off and still works
just the emmision control still shows was thinking might disconnect the battery and see wat happens
for some reason car feels more responsive
hey any1 one if theres a sensor near the cat i would check but i cant see under the car
lol
i have a feeling i might of ripped it off going ova a bump

TEMPTN
14-02-2008, 12:00 PM
dayam perhaps a camber kit may have avoided the problem

LOL i dont think so

TEMPTN
14-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Happened to me one time when an o2 sensor burnt out.

Try and find someone with an OBD2 scan tool, should pinpoint the problem

any diffrence with power or fuel consumsion

Pumped
14-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Power wise it went like a dog, wouldnt rev out and didnt make much power over like 3,500 rpm

Fuel consumption was pretty bad, ended up replacing it with a sensor from a written off euro after pricing how much honda wanted for an o2 sensor lol :-|

TEMPTN
14-02-2008, 12:42 PM
ohh strange mine still hits vtec but with a diffrent tune more deeper and louder for some reason
and more responisve than its been in the last few days

EuroDude
14-02-2008, 01:09 PM
^ perhaps VTC is locked wide open at 25degrees lol

TEMPTN
14-02-2008, 01:30 PM
^ perhaps VTC is locked wide open at 25degrees lol

lol wtf
is that a good thing or a bad thing?
but i do hear it closing when i switch the engine off lol

EuroDude
14-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Permanently advancing the CAM at 25 degrees is probably not a good thing. Fuel efficiency and idle would be out of whack :p

PNR888
16-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi guys, I am not sure if my problem is same as TEMPTN's problem.

My 2003 Euro started to get these above mentioned warning lights coming up while driving Nov 07. It only happened in 4 occasions. The warning lights would go away after I restarted the engine, and the car drove normal at that time.. Had it checked by Dealer just before Xmas 07, the computer they plugged in diagnosed its due to the fuel problem and they clear the data in my car, and reset the car computer. at that time they havnt close the case, and ask me to bring the car back if problem come up again.

Car was good for 4 weeks. Mid Jan 08, the car went crazy, those 3 warning light came up again! At cruising speed, the car vibrate violently when i back off throttle at 6th gear (80 -110kmh), even just slight back off (foot not completely off the pedal). Its the same feeling you get when u back off throttle at high rev in 1st gear.

The most dangerous thing is the acceleration from stanidng start is VERY VERY slow, the rev goes up as normal, but the car moves very very slow. Take LONG time to reach 60kmh. 60-100kmh acceleration is not too bad.. I found the situation quite dangerous when I have to join busy traffic from stop signs or giveway signs.

on that day, I must have restarted the engine more than 20 times.. almost at every red lights. even after 2 hour dinner stop, the symptoms wouldn't go away. :thumbdwn:

The funny thing was at the very next day, every is normal..

Warning lights came up again about 7 times between 18/01/08 and valentines day. had 100000km service and problem checked by dealer again on V day. This time they reckon its due to a faulty APP sensor , they dont even know what is APP stand for, but they ordered the only one left in Aust from Melbourne warehouse. my Euro will be off to the dealer again to get that APP sensor replaced.

The service advisor told me they had a Euro in a while ago, the engine completely shut down due to faulty APP sensor. I hope they are right about the diagnosis of my car, and the new APP sensor can solve the problem.

Anyone know what is APP sensor? is that same as O2 sensor? and how does it related to VSA, and all the symptoms my euro has? :confused:

No modification done inside engine bay, has 18inch wheels with correct tyre sizes for 2 or 3 years. No lowering down.

Thank god I bought 5 year extended warranty which will cover me til nov this yr.:thumbsup:

euro77
17-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Quick googling shows APP = Accelerator Pedal Position. Not sure if this is the same case with the euro (or any other car for that matter), but entering "app sensor obd" on google seems to be pointing to the above.

TEMPTN
17-02-2008, 10:37 PM
my lights and warning has disapeared now
every thing seems ok so ill see how things go later on
car actually goes better then b4

tron07
18-02-2008, 09:04 AM
might be running richer then usual.... thus the additional power

PNR888
19-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Had APP sensor replaced by Honda service department yesterday at no charge (under 5 yr extended warranty). Will post again if warning lights reappear or if fuel consumption changes.

TEMPTN
19-02-2008, 09:51 PM
might be running richer then usual.... thus the additional power

Hmm how can i make t run rich all day every day

JN7
04-03-2009, 05:30 PM
hey guys, sorry to dig up an old thread but the same light has appeared on my dashboard.

it goes on from time to time and then off from time to time and it seems as though fuel consumption is shocking because the information bar on the dashboard telling how many Ks you get with your petrol seems to be going quick

can anyone help me out or give some advice about what to do?
thanks

integral90
04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Hmm how can i make t run rich all day every day

1. Get a tunable ecu
2. Tune A/F to run rich all the time
3. Wait for cat to collapse/go bankrupt from refilling
4. Regret

tron07
05-03-2009, 08:10 AM
head to the service center for a check

JN7
05-03-2009, 05:34 PM
yeah, booked it in.
the guy said that it just may the dashboard playing up.. but we'll see what the problem is when they run the tests

cazz'shonda
30-04-2010, 08:47 AM
OK, just gota call from my daughter in law. Sounds as though her Jazz(early model) has thrown this fault this morning. Turned off car and restarted and no light. If it's only O2 sensor that's a minor problem and will not destryo the car as eluded to in the glove-box handbook.:eek:
Saw mention of scantool way back in the thread. Where's the diagnostic socket on these things?
Cheers for now,
Chris.

raffyboy
30-04-2010, 09:34 AM
yeh sometimes my VSA comes on the and the airbag but really rare to happend hooked it up just some sensor needs some cleaning and loving

E-Gene
30-04-2010, 08:07 PM
The socket is usually somewhere near your acelerator pedal under your steering wheel. You can buy a scantool off ebay.

cazz'shonda
01-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Yep, already have a scan tool.
Will check it out this weekend.
Thanks guys

Asho
23-11-2010, 03:08 PM
sorry for necro,

but my starter motor in my Cl9 Died two weeks ago (brushes were worn through),

after leaving it sit for a week waiting for a new starter we finally replaced it.

but now my VSA light and ! in the triangle are constantly on, i took it to the mechanics and they told me they scanned it and it came back with no errors and that they think its just the button on the dash that i need to replace.

does that sound right? has anyone else heard of this?

The car only loses traction when accelerating hard on gravel etc. so it feels like its working, just having the lights up are a worry