PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Window Seal

nomcice
14-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone,

Im removing all the rubbers and seals from my car to get it resprayed

And ive got them all off except for the rear quarter window seal on the outside (window garnish). Do i have to take the whole window out or can the rubber surround be taken off. Ive tried but it will not budge one bit.

Also the strip on both driver and passenger doors closest to the window that runs horizontally on the outside. Ive opened the door and pulled from one side but it only moves a bit then wont go any further.

Cheers

James The Wog
14-02-2008, 10:50 PM
the right way to do a proper respray is to take out all windows, but can be done with in, you might just be able to tape them up with trim tape, i have no clue where you can get it but it is blue, and it has a section where you can slide under the mould, then take back. i think 3M makes it.

door windo moulds are hard to get off on all car lol, dont hold me to this but on most car theres usually 1 or 2 screws holding it on and a heap of clips witch you cant see, use maby a plastic ruler or something like that and lightly hit up wards. If all eles fail's use a screw driver but be carefull not to scratch paint.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQCEK3_nid=GSX9FJLMJJgsG SJ8NWPXRNglGSSB4TQ1ZQbl

+rep point :D :p lol

nomcice
15-02-2008, 08:52 PM
mm had a look and cant really see any way to get the outer surrounds off

anyone else got any ideas?

nomcice
27-05-2008, 04:34 PM
can anyone help with this?

still stuck

cheers

nomcice
05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
back to trying to get the window out, anyone removed thier quarters before?

cheers