PDA

View Full Version : Visitors viewing For Sale ?

blueeuro
26-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I understand why new memebers cannot post in the For Sale section.

I don't understand why visitors (non-members) are forbidden from seeing what's For Sale. It may encourage them to join if they see a bargain.

(OK, I have something for sale, the more that see it the better as far as I am concerned. However, this is a genuine enquiry.)

Paul

SoundStreamer
26-08-2004, 05:30 PM
im guessing it would be along the lines of visitors just using the for sale sections.

if the only reason they join is to use to forsale section then as a member they would not be contributing any sort of information or input to OH.

they would be joining for the wrong reasons, and i guess the point of OH would be to promote idea sharing. The for sale sections is just an added bonus.

just a guess, delete the thread if its really really out.

wynode
26-08-2004, 06:32 PM
im guessing it would be along the lines of visitors just using the for sale sections.

if the only reason they join is to use to forsale section then as a member they would not be contributing any sort of information or input to OH.

they would be joining for the wrong reasons, and i guess the point of OH would be to promote idea sharing. The for sale sections is just an added bonus.

just a guess, delete the thread if its really really out.
Agreed.

The idea is to create a community where everyone contributes and doesn't just milk the site for what its worth and then run off.

As it is, there are still people who don't contribute as much as they can........its quite saddening at times because on other forums there is a lot more collaboration.

The for sale forum is there for members private use only.

blueeuro
27-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Fair enough.

rly1
05-09-2004, 02:18 AM
but I think, the same thing goes around, people will start contributing with more posts but their post wouldn't help much if they don't really know about the thread, lots of thread are even a subject of arguments and debate. I've even seen newbie getting mocked at, it made me laugh but it also didn't show me a really welcome impression either and since, I'm not as knowledgeable as some others, I prefer to keep quiet and just read the stuff they write. don't get me wrong, I think ozhonda is pretty good, I've learn quite a lot from it but I think that being "member" just because u posts a lot isn't quite right, there's also some reading involved, I personally read it every nights and the whole point of a forum is based on reading AND writing, isn't it?
and to be honest, yes, I have something to post on the sale forums...hehe and I'm trying to contribute more now :) can I have an idea of how much posts I need to be a member?

wynode
05-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Well there you go rly1, you just contributed to OH. Keep contributing and you will be able to sell stuff soon :)

rly1
06-09-2004, 01:20 AM
haha.. trying my best now...haha.. it's actually fun to drop some lines and wait for replies on it...