PDA

View Full Version : Here We Ago Again

DLRioM
15-02-2008, 01:28 PM
My car is great but if id known the Honda dealership i bought my car off would try and screw me over and over again i would have thought twice about purchasing it.

1. Part of dash has faded so i took it in for them to have a look at. They ordered the part and said it will be here soon. Now that the parts arrived i have booked it in for next week but when i try and confirm its a warranty job they sneakily cant give me a straight answer. Like "well have to see when you bring it in" Hello?! already brought the car in and showed them! Sounds like they want to do the job and argue payment later.

2. When i purchased the car in May 2007 it came with 12months comprehensive insurance as part of the sale. I called up my insurance company a couple of days ago for a quote for next years insurance and they told me i wasnt insured!!!
Ive been driving around the last 8months thinking i was protected when i had sh8t. Yes i felt stupid for not checking in the beginning but i was so excited about my new car i presumed Honda knew what they were doing. Now there fixing it up for me but only want to give me the remaining 3months of insurance.......that cant be fair can it? my offer included 12months and i should be entitled to 12months at the very least. What would have happened if id been involved in an accident in the last 8 months???

What do you think? warranty doesnt mention interior dash but if its faulty surely they have to replace it? and do you think i should be entitled to my full 12months insurance?

DLRioM
15-02-2008, 01:49 PM
i thought id just add in does anyone know where i can find instruction to remove dash? cant find anywhere. The part i am trying to remove is on passengers righthand side between the glovebox and the edge of the middle console.

rayb3na_
15-02-2008, 02:35 PM
yes and yes honda dealers are very dodgy.. unfortunately. but thats how the cookie crumbles..

bennjamin
15-02-2008, 03:11 PM
strongly suggest you get some legal advice BEFORE speaking to this honda dealer in question. That way , you can know your rights before getting too upset !

DLRioM
15-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Im in the process of getting legal advice at the moment but as far as i know under the Property And Motor Dealers act, they have a duty of care to make sure they file my insurance paperwork and give me what i am entitled to. As a real estate agent under the same act, if i was to forget to do the same for a property i would be screwed royally.

jwesterway
15-02-2008, 05:03 PM
you sound like you got a bum steer, my honda dealer was unreal and really upfront with every question i asked, every time i go in there they go out of their way to help me... spose it depends on each dealership... sorry to hear about your bad times but yeah get your advice and deal with it all one step at a time with a level head.

BraXta
15-02-2008, 06:03 PM
i know you pain i went there regarding the Bearing squeal in the clutch

and they carried on trying to blame that it aint warranty.. and i got every single dealership and mechanic saying thats grade a bullSh!t

as for legal advise... Department of fair trading are useless... they never return calls and just tell you to go and get it done ......

its just how they work.. just do the 'ill get dept of fair trading' scare and see if they buckle... it always works with dodgy wankers

OMG.JAI xD
15-02-2008, 07:17 PM
why not try different dealers? :/

even if the next dealer is 2 hours away .. i mean wouldnt you rather go 2 hours driving .. than put up with 2 hours worth of bullplop?

unless youre on a mission to get the dealer done for. then goodluck! =]
keep us updated.

Jaso
15-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Im in the process of getting legal advice at the moment but as far as i know under the Property And Motor Dealers act, they have a duty of care to make sure they file my insurance paperwork and give me what i am entitled to. As a real estate agent under the same act, if i was to forget to do the same for a property i would be screwed royally.

You would think so...

I would be pushing for another 12 months insurance. Even if your not entitled to it it would be the right thing for them to do considering the mistake the dealer has (presumably) made.

1. Part of dash has faded so i took it in for them to have a look at. They ordered the part and said it will be here soon. Now that the parts arrived i have booked it in for next week but when i try and confirm its a warranty job they sneakily cant give me a straight answer. Like "well have to see when you bring it in" Hello?! already brought the car in and showed them! Sounds like they want to do the job and argue payment later.

Try speaking to the dealer principle or the head of the department??? Just explain you want a strait answer before committing...

Psy
16-02-2008, 09:20 AM
ACCC is definetly your friend.

DLRioM
18-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I would use a different dealer but my dealer is an hour away as is. im not traveling a further 3+hrs to get what im entitled to.

Went to Honda on Sat. I had to fill out all my insurance paperwork and noticed paperwork on the actual fine print of the 12 months free comprehensive....original deal is not at the expense of the dealership but should they forget to apply my insurance than the dealership is to pay costs...so of course they wanna only give me the remainder. Discussed it with them for a while and took the remainder of 12months instead of full amount as they explained the situation and i felt cheap by arguing it further.

no biggy....as long as they dont try to screw me on thursday for the warranty..they weasel out of that and its game over.

civ04
18-02-2008, 08:50 AM
yo man,i have worked for dealerships,had friends that worked for dealerships and can tell u some horror stories.i left because they tried to get me to do something dodgy(12 years ago)most of them will try to feed you crap and it is worce if you are young.keep persisting and fight it all the way.maybe try to contact honda australa direct.cheers.

DLRioM
18-02-2008, 11:41 AM
yo man,i have worked for dealerships,had friends that worked for dealerships and can tell u some horror stories.i left because they tried to get me to do something dodgy(12 years ago)most of them will try to feed you crap and it is worce if you are young.keep persisting and fight it all the way.maybe try to contact honda australa direct.cheers.

Thanx for the suggestion.
A lady from Honda Aus called this morning to organise the insurance. She was great. Understood you cant back date insurance and even said to me i should get full 12months!! She organising it now. Seems it may work out.

I know what you are saying tho. You really need to know everything before you walk into the dealership otherwise they eat you alive. The guy that sold me my car knew jack about the model.....whilst he was trying to sell it to me he was mentioning all kinds of features i knew the car didnt have...

It annoys me cos its not necessary....Just tell me the facts and ill make up my mind thanx. I found that out in Real Estate ages ago.... If you try and fool someone it just make 10times more work trying to cover it up. Do the right thing and its smooth sailing..

tron07
19-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Honda Australia's promotion for the Euro is 12 month insurance.... and you got nothing for the frist 8 month.... so you should demand for the free 12 month, not 3 or 4 month insurance.

If you got in an accident, I doubt the insurance company will bother to entertain you, at most you will have to get a lawyer to make the dealer to pay or repair for you but then they can also claim its your problem for not checking and making sure your car is insured. So you probably will be on the loosing end.

Luckily for you, nothing happen, so you should demand for the 12 month insurance as you are entittle to.

aaronng
19-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Make sure you tell Honda Australia which dealer it was that didn't follow through with the insurance. We need to reduce the number of dodgy dealers around....

civ04
19-02-2008, 11:13 AM
thats exactly right,you cant totally put the blame on honda,the blame should be put on these dodgy dealers that try to take advantage of the average Joe.

DLRioM
22-02-2008, 08:39 AM
update........for anyone interested.

Honda Aus is only giving me the remiander of 3months because they have back dated the insurance and dont want to explain anything further. Fair enough if its back dated technically i got my 12months. Im not prepared to take it further.

but..........

Repair to my dashboard was done yesterday with very interesting results. I can see they pulled apart the dash because of the chunks taken out of the edges :( but the part was not replaced??? nothing was done as far as i can see.

I dont know whetha they are just extremely incompetent or were trying to tell me to piss off but thats it. Iv given up. I wont be taking my car there again, lucky for me im moving to sydney in a few months. Ill find a new dealership there. But these guys are a joke, suprised they havent been on ACurrentAffair.

tron07
22-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I will not accept that back dated insurance..... technically you got 12 mth, but if in an accident, or in teh event of a total loss, I dont think they can back date or the insurance company will accept that.

At least get few FOC service, or wax & polish job, or soemthing worth the money if you were to accept it.

DLRioM
22-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I will not accept that back dated insurance..... technically you got 12 mth, but if in an accident, or in teh event of a total loss, I dont think they can back date or the insurance company will accept that.

At least get few FOC service, or wax & polish job, or soemthing worth the money if you were to accept it.

Well i received the certificete of insurance which shows my car is insured from march 2007 until march 2008 so if its on paper that i always had the insurance and i have nothing in writing to say it wasnt, i really dont have a case.

PLus with the stuff up of the repair its driving me mental and i think i should let it go before i lose my mind. Under normal circumstances i would fight for what i am entitled to but this dealership may as well be speaking another language. They just dont get it.

I learnt my lesson. I dropped it off to repair a fault and not only did i get it back with the fault unfixxed but they did more damage than it was worth in the first place........u cant win.

tony1234
22-02-2008, 03:28 PM
That's bullshit with the dash repair.If they put scratches on the dash then they have to fix it that's it,no argument.Notify HA in writing and maybe wait till you move to Sydney.I and a few others here can recommend some good dealers here in sydney.

DLRioM
22-02-2008, 04:58 PM
That's bullshit with the dash repair.If they put scratches on the dash then they have to fix it that's it,no argument.Notify HA in writing and maybe wait till you move to Sydney.I and a few others here can recommend some good dealers here in sydney.

LOL yeah ill wait until i get to Sydney. If i demand they fix the dash now ill have to take yet another day off to get it done and i know they are not capable of doing a good job anyway.