AutoNoob
16-02-2008, 05:44 PM
ok heres the deal,

ive got my car lowered, and after reading countless threads,

what happens IF:

- lowered springs
- stock shocks
- no camber kit

WHAT exactly happens then? I dont drive aggressively either!! as read the shocks will give way and the tyres will tear. will tyres always tear?

riruiz_88
16-02-2008, 07:46 PM
depends how low you go dude. i have Low King's on mine with KYB shocks. if you want your suspension to work more efficiently then you should upgrade your shocks. i aint sayin you gotta get race shocks, just heavy duty ones to withstand the extra compression of the low springs. running lower springs with stock shocks aint a good idea, cause the shocks will blow out on you cause they werent designed for "low" springs. i dont have a camber kit, dont think you need one unless you track regularly. though you do get a harsh/stiffer ride with a lowered car. does this answer ur question?

AutoNoob
16-02-2008, 07:50 PM
atm the springs are 1 inch, they will drop further bit. I think altogether the deal was 1.5 inches.
whats the cheapest shocks replacement that will be suitable? i dont track!!

riruiz_88
16-02-2008, 08:45 PM
well you can get many cheap shocks. Pedders are quite cheap, but i have heard that they dont do a good job. Another brand is Monroe, you can either get the OEM grade shock which is "Monroe Original". The upper grade shock from them is "GT-Gas Monroe). I am running KYB Excel-G, these are the middle grade from KYB and i must say they do a great job. i dont track yet so im not forking out big dosh on race spec shocks. do your homework/read around their websites. the decsion is up to you. also depends how much dosh you have aswell.

dahon
16-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Definately replace your stock shocks considering they've done probably 100000kms? Camber kit, i doubt you'll need.
I also hear koni yellows would give you a great ride with lowered height.
Problem is the cost of these. Just ask around, and im sure youll get a good deal.
I too am looking to lower my car just a tiny bit... looks too dorky with the wheels arch gap so big =( Just trying to source funds is the hard part.. sigh..