PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket foglamps civic fd 06-07 (help)

myfd1
17-02-2008, 05:26 AM
hey guys has anyone install an civic fd aftermarket fog lights?because i bought an aftermarket fogs on ebay without an install giude then i went to honda to see if they could install it for me they said yeh nut it could take 2 to 4hrs because the genuine fogs are different from the aftermarket on so they'll have to figure out where to place the wirings the shocking part is the labour its 100 an hour if it takes 3hrs so its 300, the reason why i bought this aftermarket one is because it is really cheap $100 + shipping 25bucks how cheap is that eh!? so if i go to honda it'll be like 400. i have 3 questions:

1. should i just buy the genuine one including fitting 600+?
2.or should i stick with the aftermarket and just find an electrician?
3.where do i find the install giude for fog lights FD1?

thanks..

andyhui01
19-02-2008, 03:57 PM
My mechanic fitted my Ebay foglights on my FD, was a pain in the ass... did it for $150, I doubt he'll want to do it again for $150. But if you're really interested, give me a PM and I'll see what he says.

gerard
20-02-2008, 04:04 PM
you can download an instruction from collegehill

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_civic_4dr_accessories/06_08_civic_electronics.htm

Aco3n
20-02-2008, 05:53 PM
you can download an instruction from collegehill

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_civic_4dr_accessories/06_08_civic_electronics.htm

it's different.. still I find this article helpfull

myfd1
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
thanks guys for your help i just read all of your replies just now lol i got it fitted at honda westside freakin expensive man fark lol cost me 350 but its a proper job though but the thing is they did not connect the wires on the switch for headlights so even if i turn off the main headlights the foglights are still on but its ok coz it looks good hehe.

ktvin09
14-03-2008, 02:09 PM
So is it possible to install ebay fogs at home (using the collegehill manual)? Cause I am thinking of getting a pair...

Aco3n
14-03-2008, 03:59 PM
So is it possible to install ebay fogs at home (using the collegehill manual)? Cause I am thinking of getting a pair...

yup... will help you to point the clips..

but as for wiring.. you just have to sort them out by yourself.. not too hard tho.. oh yea.. place a fuse along your (+) cable..

PS: wire the cable into the cabin through a hole near the foot rest.