PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket foglamps civic fd 06-07 (help)

myfd1
17-02-2008, 05:28 AM
hey guys has anyone install an civic fd aftermarket fog lights?because i bought an aftermarket fogs on ebay without an install giude then i went to honda to see if they could install it for me they said yeh but it could take 2 to 4hrs because the genuine fogs are different from the aftermarket on so they'll have to figure out where to place the wirings the shocking part is the labour its 100 an hour if it takes 3hrs so its 300, the reason why i bought this aftermarket one is because it is really cheap $100 + shipping 25bucks how cheap is that eh!? so if i go to honda it'll be like 400. i have 3 questions:

1. should i just buy the genuine one including fitting 600+?
2.or should i stick with the aftermarket and just find an electrician?
3.where do i find the install guide for fog lights FD1?

thanks..

Foxtail
17-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I'd go get a quote of a local Auto Electrician before doing anything.

Aco3n
17-02-2008, 01:00 PM
it's actually easy to install it.. if you don't have the bodykit...

I did it by my self... basicly you just have to run cable to your battery (+) and find a ground around the bumper area.. oh.. use a fuse on the (+) line..

the hardest thing might be cutting your bumper for positioning the foggies.. as dismantling your bumper will only take 15 mins at most..

JaCe
18-02-2008, 11:11 PM
hey guys has anyone install an civic fd aftermarket fog lights?because i bought an aftermarket fogs on ebay without an install giude then i went to honda to see if they could install it for me they said yeh but it could take 2 to 4hrs because the genuine fogs are different from the aftermarket on so they'll have to figure out where to place the wirings the shocking part is the labour its 100 an hour if it takes 3hrs so its 300, the reason why i bought this aftermarket one is because it is really cheap $100 + shipping 25bucks how cheap is that eh!? so if i go to honda it'll be like 400. i have 3 questions:

1. should i just buy the genuine one including fitting 600+?
2.or should i stick with the aftermarket and just find an electrician?
3.where do i find the install guide for fog lights FD1?

thanks..

From memory on eBay, I saw some people offering installation of non-genuine foglamps for around $150aud all up for the FD. There was one guy based in Hornsby (Sydney) who I can't remember the name of who was offering the lamps + install for $250.

gerard
19-02-2008, 04:26 PM
you can download a DIY from
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_civic_4dr_accessories/06_08_civic_exterior.htm
just search for foglights.
All the best

ej20i
05-09-2008, 12:02 PM
JaCe, wheres the guy that installs it??

Grand Style
16-09-2008, 08:29 PM
The mobile installation guy in Hornsby, his mobile no. 0422 936 036, my foglight was installed by him, but I forgot his name.

Omie
17-09-2008, 10:19 AM
anyone know anyone who will do the install in brisbane for a similar price as above?

yvho1
17-09-2008, 05:31 PM
how about in melbourne?

tonz
17-09-2008, 06:22 PM
here is a link to a video showing you how to install foglights onto the FD civic

http://www.diyhonda.com/2008/09/podcast-episode-135-2008-honda-civic.html#links

markCivicVti
19-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Revive this yo

Got a Q... I want to install the foglights myself.. and know I have to take off the bumper... *if* my installer for my mugen grille used glue at the base of the mugen grill, will this make removing the bumper harder? Or can I unscrew some stuff and yank the front bumper with the grille and front lip all in one piece?

Does having the mugen grille possibly (not sure) glued to the bumper hinder the normal installation procedure?

Cheers

.k.
19-03-2009, 12:30 PM
what holds in the 'top' part of the grille mark? to make things easy and to make sure u dont damage anything why not unbolt (if its bolted that is) from the top and pull everything all out - front bar and grille together?

have you bought your fogs yet mark? i need to buy mine..

markCivicVti
19-03-2009, 12:58 PM
To be honest I have no idea what is holding it what and where... all I know is I best off to take off the front bumper so I can install the fogs and cut the holes etc...

So wanting ppls experience who have a mugen grille and installed the foglights themselves... Just worried I'll get half way through removing the bumper and then realize I can't get it fully off cos the installer glued the mugen grille to the top of the bumper

Haven't bought mine yet... but two places sell them for around 150/160 mark.

.k.
19-03-2009, 01:35 PM
anybody got tips for fog-light installation? - easiest way to take off front bumper etc? any tips n tricks? mine just oem front bumper with modulo lip

aero
19-03-2009, 02:25 PM
theres like around 7 (cant remember) clips to take out to fully remove the front bumper. u'll need to take off that plastic thing at the front of the engine bay to make it easier to reach the other clips that connect the front bumper.

me n friend used a sharp utility knife to cut the holes in the bumper to fit the lights (surprisingly, the plastic is pretty soft). then included in the kit are some metal brackets, which get screwed behind the lights and onto the bumper to hold everything in place. and after that, its the wiring :S

i do have the instruction paper thing still in my car, if u want to take a look sometime .k.

aero
20-03-2009, 01:33 AM
pics of my DIY

that's my friend that helped me in this 1st pic btw :p
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/P24-01-09_110101.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/P24-01-09_1107.jpg

and after.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/IMG_1692-1.jpg

note, that i dont have any pics with them actually turned on, because we got confused with the wiring instructions then it got late and we had other stuff to do lol :p
will be getting them up and running asap tho :D

Grand Style
20-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi MarkcivicVti, The Mugen grill should comes off with the front bar together, so no worrys about the glue on the grill, u don't need to take it off. I think u better find a electrican to fit it, because it is very hard to run the cable from the engine bay to the interio switch. If u want to do it yourself, then goodluck man.